Morton vs Thistle - 12th March 2022

Good weekend for us, with the Pars and Hamilton drawing and Queens and of course Ayr losing.  Two points clear in sixth place again and a better goal difference than all the teams below us. That’ll do. 👍

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Hahahaha how the f**k have we managed that?

You were by far the better team in the second half, and I don’t think it was as much of a smash & grab as some people seem to be suggesting.

The two managers changed the game in different ways. Imrie into a more attacking style at the half, while McCall had us sitting deeper and as the half went on made some very negative substitutions. If Gus was still in charge I think we’d have probably seen that out, but coming up against a manager actually willing to make proactive changes has been our downfall.

Thistle desperately need some wide players. Both FBs are slow and can’t beat a man to save their lives, and outside Tiffoney we have no pace or width on the wings either. Lots to do in the summer after we inevitably slither to 3rd place and are comfortably beaten in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You were by far the better team in the second half, and I don’t think it was as much of a smash & grab as some people seem to be suggesting.

The two managers changed the game in different ways. Imrie into a more attacking style at the half, while McCall had us sitting deeper and as the half went on made some very negative substitutions. If Gus was still in charge I think we’d have probably seen that out, but coming up against a manager actually willing to make proactive changes has been our downfall.

Thistle desperately need some wide players. Both FBs are slow and can’t beat a man to save their lives, and outside Tiffoney we have no pace or width on the wings either. Lots to do in the summer after we inevitably slither to 3rd place and are comfortably beaten in the playoffs.

The attacking change caused Partick more problems but we were also a disorganised mess at times. I think Jakubiak (?) missed a great chance just after the equaliser and we were hanging on at times. It wasn't a complete turnaround and I think a draw would have been a fair result. 

Delighted with the win as it looked like we were never going to score with 20 minutes to go. 

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

Hard lines: enjoy Grangemouth next season.

d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.thumb.jpg.3a3e7d37372bf0e00cb975d02110c47d.jpg

I don't understand this - are you assuming Falkirk get promoted are we are playing them next season?

We have been Greenock's cup final as long as I can remember.

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I don't understand this - are you assuming Falkirk get promoted are we are playing them next season?

We have been Greenock's cup final as long as I can remember.

He was replying to Queens fan, do keep up.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

The attacking change caused Partick more problems but we were also a disorganised mess at times. I think Jakubiak (?) missed a great chance just after the equaliser and we were hanging on at times. It wasn't a complete turnaround and I think a draw would have been a fair result. 

Delighted with the win as it looked like we were never going to score with 20 minutes to go. 

That was Alegria, I believe. There was also one cleared off the line at 1-0 from header at a corner so we did have chances, despite being generally very poor. 

That said, Reilly’s miss was among the worst you’ll ever see so it’s not as though Morton scored their only chances. Like you, I was thinking at that point that it was going to be one of those games where Morton could play for hours without scoring.

We huffed and puffed for most of the game after losing an early goal. 

We squandered chances to get back into the game then a few tactical substitutions and we go onto win.

Great result and hopefully safe from the relegation scrap

2 minutes ago, BdenJag said:

Do the Morton fans usually invade the pitch after every goal? Absolutely embarrassing wee boys. Morton totally deserved the points by the way. 

They do not. Rangers fans turned up for their second pitch invasion against Thistle it’d appear though