4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Mine is fine unfortunately. Queens used to have one of the best commentating teams in the league but this is hard to listen to.

Aye, it's a new boy and he was alright last game, but obviously hasn't done his home work and is getting a bit carried away that they've let him hang out with some players. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

Absolutely furious we have re-hired Allan Johnston. Utter utter shit. As bad as we have been all season. Raith are comfortably on top and if they were clinical could have had another couple. Other than a chance for Gordon we've offered nothing going forward. Big lift needed for the second half hopefully starting with Ally Roy being given his P45. Absolute imposter.

Dreadful stuff.  Long ball after long ball launched to no-one.  We've only caused problems when the ball has been played on the deck, but the number of times we've done that can be counted on one hand.  It doesn't help that the ball seems to bounce about 10 feet into the air at all times on that pitch.

Raith doing what they have to but doing it better than us.

Edited by Slipmat

1 minute ago, Manwithnoball said:

We have been really poor this half. Not putting anything together at all

Allan Johnston level of pishness here. Second best all over the park. Max Johnston  and O'Connor looking as poor as when they first arrived, Cameron and Roy are not a partnership, Gordon is the player Partick fans warned us about, actually no passmarks in any position. Surely must improve 2nd half. 

Not unexpected, didn't buy this "we're unbelievably pish" stuff from Rovers fans pre match.  We're probably lucky not to be 2-0 down here and haven't really got going.  Big second half for Queens coming up here.

Don't really see what we get from Roy up front.  I'd swap him for Soares Junior second half - I get that Junior is frustrating, but he is also high energy and disrupts defences even if he doesn't always know what he's going to do next himself!  We've got to do something here - its a big game and its too flat just now.

Other results going our way just now, so need to recover second half.

Agree with the Rovers fans on the commentators - think we've been spoiled by our previous guy who was excellent.  I'll cut this guy some slack though as he's clearly just learning.  In some ways its quite refreshing to hear the views of young players as co-commentators and it gives them a bit of media experience as well.  But we have to bear in mind that none of them will have had any training in this and of course young fitba players are often well .... just young fitba players really, so if you put a microphone in front of them you never know what you will get.

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Really enjoyed the Queens commentary the last three times we've been at Palmerston, but less so today.

Rovers decent for 40 minutes, but started to look ropey at the back towards half time.

Finlay obviously researched the opposition.  This guy has only really recognised Musonda and Poplatnik and doesn't seem to even use a teamsheet for reference.  It's more like a down-the-pub chat with your mates - calling it commentary is a bit of a stretch.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did they show a replay of the goal? My initial thought was he was offside. We got what we deserved for allowing the boy to get a free shot on the edge of the box.

They showed a replay. He was easily onside, just the Queens defenders were incredibly slow to react. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did they show a replay of the goal? My initial thought was he was offside. We got what we deserved for allowing the boy to get a free shot on the edge of the box.

Poplatnik was played onside by the defender who watched him get two bites of the cherry.