11 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Really poor from us today somehow in a week we are back to a AJ team long ball up Cameron wins the odd flick to nobody .

The odd time we passed it was to slow easy to defend against 

We could have played all night and not scored.

The worse thing is Rovers are a poor team a half decent performance and we win the game. 

Looks like the Gibson affect has gone 

No wonder his affect has gone. That was depressing for all of us 

That was truly awful.

There was no slick passing and moving at all at any stage.

I refuse to get animated about any time wasting, because it was so unnecessary and ultimately irrelevant.  At no stage in that second half was there the slightest prospect of us scoring.

I think anything better than 9th has now gone.  I'd also see Dunfermline as firm favourites to deprive us of even that shitty prize.

An utterly inept display, pretty much across the whole side.

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
35 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:
Really ? We were bad, you were just as bad but time wasted more I guess. Lucky goal, 2 poor teams. If that’s considered a great effort then there’s hope yet for queens to stay up in this league 
Hoping that we’ve got the last bad performance out of the system before the end of the season. That’s a big hope 

Considering the run we've been on of 11 league games without a win and down to 3 outfield subs where only one of them has been getting 10/20 minutes here and there then yes, that was a great effort by the team today.

Teams arriving in Dumfries on a bad run are always bound to pick up 3 points...

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That was truly awful.

I refuse to get animated about any time wasting, because it was so unnecessary and ultimately irrelevant.  At no stage in that second half was there the slightest prospect of us scoring.

I think anything better than 9th has now gone.  I'd also see Dunfermline as firm favourites to deprive us of even that shitty prize.

Seaside League One here we come....

All aboard....we may travel by the railway line...

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That was truly awful.

That was as inept and turgid as it gets. I almost got to the point when I considered there was something serious  going on behind the scenes. Every player was tense, nervous and largely ineffective. Wullie needs to pull a rabbit out the hat now to keep us up. The motivational skills from insipid previous incumbent to his fresh approach worked for a few games but I fear there maybe only be so much that he can do with such a group of players : Gordon, Roy et al

Edited by lesterplunkett

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

When I saw that depleted makeshift line up there was a huge surge of confidence that we would get the win. It was like the cup game at Pittodrie where we played Tade at centre half. 

Think you mean Simmons as Tade scored from his normal up front position.

Agree with all of that other than the last paragraph. didn’t think rovers did much to win it either. 2 awful teams who have conspired miraculously to make it into the challenge cup final 

I don't think many Rovers fans would disagree they were pretty poor. Their recent form shows that. But the reality is they beat us comfortably today without really looking like they had to work for it.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think many Rovers fans would disagree they were pretty poor. Their recent form shows that. But the reality is they beat us comfortably today without really looking like they had to work for it.

To be fair, Connolly had drifted in off the right a couple of times and gotten into dangerous positions but the shots were ultimately powder puff. The goal we got was -finally - a break of the ball that we haven't had for weeks but it wasn't for ant good play.

Best bit for us today was that we defended far better than we did last week, even though for the majority of the game Queens made it relatively easy for us.

Had the game ended goaless I doubt there could be many complaints.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think you’re pretty much spot on with this. We were poor (have been for a while) missing players didn’t help but we probably just about deserved the win.  Queens failed to really threaten MacDonald’s goal and we didn’t look like conceding. We’ve played quite a few games like that Lots of possession but no end product. Overall 1-0 was probably about right from what I watched. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Yeah today was all about the effort the team showed rather than any real skill. First half we were the better team and did create a few half chances, the same as queen's did. Second half we just shit feasted our way to the win which is something we haven't been able to do for months. The challenge Cup final is going to be an absolute classic based off of the games between us this season...