50 minutes ago, renton said:

What happened there, then? He was really good. Best in the division, probably 

Pish!

Gerry with Andy Ritchie are INDUPITABLY the class commentary act of Championship live-stream.

#TON TV.

McDade 

5 hours ago, lesterplunkett said:

Really ? We were bad, you were just as bad but time wasted more I guess. Lucky goal, 2 poor teams. If that’s considered a great effort then there’s hope yet for queens to stay up in this league 

Hoping that we’ve got the last bad performance out of the system before the end of the season. That’s a big hope 

Seething.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
12 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:
Pish!
Gerry with Andy Ritchie are INDUPITABLY the class commentary act of Championship live-stream.
#TON TV.

McDade 

Tbf, I'd agree with this. Andy Ritchie is excellent. Gives a good insight as an ex player and gives plenty of credit where its due.

My only criticism (and its pedantic) with big Andy is...he always says "like that" .....after every sentence.Gets right on my tits. 😂

Just like you disappeared last night.  You don't have to sign on until at least Tuesday  your West Coast twat.

I quite literally didn’t go anywhere last night. You can find posts of mine on here. Maybe if you ask your carer nicely they can read them to you after they’ve helped you to the toilet.

26 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Highlights for this game...

Maybe a bit of feedback for the Queens' defence here on pressuring the cross... 

Screenshot_20220313-002618.thumb.png.3329549c8dbd9c9f59b21991446cb319.png

Also, not to go all Facebook Celtic Maw, but I thoroughly enjoyed the passion from Greig Young at full time. He might've only had about 20 minutes of league football but he looks like he's come along way from the wee timid guy who played in pre-season. 

As much as I like Josh Rae and it’s harsh to criticise after how many times he has saved us lately, but what is he doing for that goal ? That’s a howler. 

He's one of about 5 folk at fault for the goal. Absolutely awful from us defensively. The boy has all the time in the world to pick a cross, the next guy knocks down a header completely unchallenged to a boy who has a free strike at goal, and then the striker gets two attempts to knock the ball in. Rae should have done better there no doubt, but he's not solely responsible for that goal.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's one of about 5 folk at fault for the goal. Absolutely awful from us defensively. The boy has all the time in the world to pick a cross, the next guy knocks down a header completely unchallenged to a boy who has a free strike at goal, and then the striker gets two attempts to knock the ball in. Rae should have done better there no doubt, but he's not solely responsible for that goal.

It's just about the only kind of goal we can score - from our point of view it was a stunnng strike.

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The defending is dreadful in the lead up but it’s an extremely tame header that he should be either catching or being able to divert away from danger. 

Two poor teams, but the home side demonstrably the poorer of the two and as such I think Rovers deservedly shaded it, BBC stats back that up too. Defensively Rovers were off it in the 1st half but in the second w tightened up none more so than Berra who was hesitant and seemed to have no confidence in the opening half, after the break he looked much better.

Midfield looked to be on top despite being depleted and the Rovers forward line much the better of the two on show until Gullan went off and both Poplatnik and Varian ran themselves to a stand still.

In Johns Post match interview Naill reckoned on 8 players missing for us including long termers Vaughan, Lang and Spencer (who's foot wasn't right after a bounce game), the other 5 Matthews (Hamstring), Zanatta (knock), Tumilty, Dick & Ross (all Sickness & Shits).  Thought Mackie was a reasonable replacement for Dick despite a slow start. Musonda doesn't have the delivery or the attacking ability of Tumilty but I'd say defensively he's more sound. Arnott did well when he replaced Gullan but if Ross had been available then perhaps we could have maintained more of an attacking threat. 

Up top Varian absolutely bossed players and Poppy just never stops, so perhaps as suggested Varian in the centre with Gullan or Ross off him is the best option we have, then bring on Poppy after an hour, as we did in the earlier part of the season.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It started with a bad error from the manager.

He had the ball near the right touchline and tried to bring it out when a pass or even a hoof was called for.  It was the wrong decision and the result was that he was caught in possession.  The stolen Raith possession only ended when the ball was in the net.

Edited by Monkey Tennis