When you haven’t won in 11 league games you can’t say it’s really down to luck, but I do think a little break here or there along the way would’ve upgraded our form from absolutely dreadful to merely poor. We really should’ve won in Inverness, not sure how we conspired to draw with Queens in the ‘Goodwillie game’ and were the better team by a distance at home to Partick a couple of weeks ago.

In addition to that there’s other games where the old ‘on another day…’ comes in to play, like Dunfermline at home or even Morton away, where alright we probably were lucky to get even a point in the end but led late in the game.

This post might read like the ramblings of a hopeless optimist. Don’t be fooled - I expect us to get beaten easily here. We were always a bit shaky away from home even when we were good, as evidenced by getting a very fortunate point at Palmerston on our last visit.

2-0 Queens. Early goal, late goal.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

When you haven’t won in 11 league games you can’t say it’s really down to luck, but I do think a little break here or there along the way would’ve upgraded our form from absolutely dreadful to merely poor. We really should’ve won in Inverness, not sure how we conspired to draw with Queens in the ‘Goodwillie game’ and were the better team by a distance at home to Partick a couple of weeks ago.

In addition to that there’s other games where the old ‘on another day…’ comes in to play, like Dunfermline at home or even Morton away, where alright we probably were lucky to get even a point in the end but led late in the game.

This post might read like the ramblings of a hopeless optimist. Don’t be fooled - I expect us to get beaten easily here. We were always a bit shaky away from home even when we were good, as evidenced by getting a very fortunate point at Palmerston on our last visit.

2-0 Queens. Early goal, late goal.

I agree with all that except the last paragraph. On play we have merited more points than we got from this long winless streak. I don't think QOS will beat us easily, I don't think they'll beat us at all - but we'll see.

I agree with all that except the last paragraph. On play we have merited more points than we got from this long winless streak. I don't think QOS will beat us easily, I don't think they'll beat us at all - but we'll see.

Hopefully your prediction is as wildly wrong here as the one you made the other week in the Run In thread.

Bit nervous for this one. Not having Fitzpatrick or Connelly is big for me, I think we are solid enough now to keep the game tight though and hopefully nick something. I think I’d throw McKechnie in for this, just to give us some pace, there is Folarin also but no idea if he’s good, shite or indifferent.

Rae
Johnston Oconnor east Cooper
Gibson Gordon
McKechnie Paton Todd
Cameron

3 hours ago, Paco said:

... I do think a little break here or there along the way would’ve upgraded our form from absolutely dreadful to merely poor ...

That's fitba though isn't it.  Take last Saturday for example, before Queen's first goal any neutral would have said that Morton had the better of it and looked the more likely to score.  From Queen's first goal onwards we never looked back and Morton just fell out of it.  Amazing how games can swing on just a key moment.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I meant specifically at Raith. Just that credit McGlynn has earned at Rovers I wonder if it's what has saved him.

Grant Murray went 21 games without a win in 13/14... like now, we made it to the challenge cup final that may - inexplicably - have provided some insurance against sacking.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I meant specifically at Raith. Just that credit McGlynn has earned at Rovers I wonder if it's what has saved him.

He was literally untouchable before Goodwilliegate. But because of the sheer fuckwittery of the board and McGlynn himself,  that credit diminishes by the day. He had plenty of options to strengthen our forward line, and that didn’t need to include the rapist. The fans and certain members of the board were loud in their condemnation of the merest hint of him coming to Raith. But they went ahead with it anyway. The leverage he had with us is evaporating. I certainly believe he’s lost the dressing room as well as the goodwill of the fans. Unfortunately his leadership is untenable.

Mad to say this, but another heavy defeat today for Rovers and that could be it for McGlynn. Alternatively, finally getting a win could put us back on track and potentially back into the play offs.  Things definitely feel like they are on a knife edge for us.

11 hours ago, renton said:

Grant Murray went 21 games without a win in 13/14... like now, we made it to the challenge cup final that may - inexplicably - have provided some insurance against sacking.

21 games! Show your working.

That bad run in 13/14 from the 3-3 draw with Cowdenbeath, was 11 games without a win before beating Morton. It just seemed longer with the likes of that 0-4 to Accies at HT game. 

Looking back to the Anelka season we did 11 league games without a win twice that season.

Can anyone remember us going longer than 11 league games without a win? Oh! I was forgetting the Gary F Locke season. 15 league games without a win.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Mad to say this, but another heavy defeat today for Rovers and that could be it for McGlynn. Alternatively, finally getting a win could put us back on track and potentially back into the play offs.  Things definitely feel like they are on a knife edge for us.

Last week was a freak show, we missed easier chances - and more of them - than Ayr scored. The 3-0 at Killie was another misleading scoreline - two down at the start and they score against the run of play in the second half. Scorelines don't tell the whole story - ask Red Star.

It won't happen today.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

21 games! Show your working.

That bad run in 13/14 from the 3-3 draw with Cowdenbeath, was 11 games without a win before beating Morton. It just seemed longer with the likes of that 0-4 to Accies at HT game. 

Looking back to the Anelka season we did 11 league games without a win twice that season.

Can anyone remember us going longer than 11 league games without a win? Oh! I was forgetting the Gary F Locke season. 15 league games without a win.

If we don’t win today McGlyyn will be closing in on Locke’s record 😳, we’ve ICT next and we know our histoy against them means we’ll struggle no matter how poor they are.  Follow that with Gayfield and an away derby with the Pars who we’ve not beaten this season and we could easily get to 15 games.  Today really is a must win for John McGlynn.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

Playoffs? Are. You. Mental?

Last week was a freak show, we missed easier chances - and more of them - than Ayr scored.

Aye. If you had taken even half of your attempts on target you'd have beaten Ayr comfortably tbf. I hope our goalkeeper isn't as busy as Ayr's was last week.

0069de4ccc68dabd6f01d6d7d90889b0.jpg

Last week was a freak show, we missed easier chances - and more of them - than Ayr scored. The 3-0 at Killie was another misleading scoreline - two down at the start and they score against the run of play in the second half. Scorelines don't tell the whole story - ask Red Star.
It won't happen today.

Lol whit?

You had a couple of half chances but nothing clear cut. We were by far on top of the game for the vast majority and created more and better chances than you.