I think you're safe on this one queens. I don't think we will win another league game this season. We will draw a few and finish 5th or potentially 6th at a push. We will however likely win the diddy Cup so that'll be seen as a big success. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What has caused this Raith implosion btw? Did it all go downhill after they signed the rapist or was it in motion before that?

We were already grinding to a halt. 

I don't think we ever quite got the balance up top right and when Zanatta's form dipped it became noticeable. McGlynn has been chopping and changing without much luck.

We also lost Brad Spencer to a leg break on December 4th. He's been the guy who made Rovers passing game work, with Tait also leaving in January our midfield was pretty disrupted. Stanton and Williamson are individually good players but they haven't formed the understanding or partnership to make it work the way Spencer has.

Then, we also lost Lang to an ACL and frankly I think Berra is starting to fatigue badly. So we are starting to look properly exposed at the back, particularly down the left side where Dick is frankly shite. Again, Zanatta's early form kept teams on the back foot down that side and stopped them exploiting it.

No doubt the avoidable circus around Goodwillie has further harmed morale but we seem to have hit injuries in the worst parts of the team, combined with loss of form and also McGlynn never adequately addressing a forward situation that seemed like it hinged (no pun intended) on Vaughan's knee holding together.

What has caused this Raith implosion btw? Did it all go downhill after they signed the rapist or was it in motion before that?
A combination of things.

Before our downturn Brad Spencer fractures his leg causing an imbalance in midfield. Christophe Berra for a suspension meaning we had to change up the defence. He's been in and out the team through injury.

Key players like Zanatta and Ross who had dragged us through the first half of the season have struggled as we've failed to really get a grip of games.

I'm not optimistic about Saturday at all. I think we need to get Spencer back to full fitness ASAP but can't see McGlynn using him yet.

I may be misreading things completely but after watching Paul Smith’s interview, with the way the questions were framed, I’d be surprised if Aaron Arnott isn’t starting on Saturday.

Hopefully we really freshen the side up. There really couldn’t be many complaints amongst the starting 11 from last Saturday if Musonda, Spencer, Arnott, Zanatta, Gullan and Varian all came into the side, it’s impossible to say what our strongest side is anymore. Everyone has had a spell out of form.

Disliking Raith fans negativity makes me think this will be game they’ll turn it round [emoji85]

Pretty much this. These match threads are more often than not the QoS fans fearing for the worst with Raith fans pretty confident of a victory. It has a habit of shocking both sides when QoS get a result.

This has the exact opposite feel this time around. Hopefully a different outcome as well...

6 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Disliking Raith fans negativity makes me think this will be game they’ll turn it round emoji85.png

Erm, it won’t I promise you. We are utterly sheeeeiiiitttte. 11 league games without a win tells you everything you need to know. Come on you know what to do, put another nail in McGlynn’s coffin and the others will follow. 

I'm still not sure I'm quite buying all this pre-match reverse psychology from Rovers fans here. I know there's a pretty decent quality team up there - wouldn't have all those points if they didn't. Quite how that shitshow against Ayr happened I've no idea. However,  playing Queens next is often the solution to such problems as we know only too well.

Think we're going to miss Kylian Fitzpatrick unfortunately.

Always saddened when I'm reminded of Lewis Vaughan's injuries - having destroyed my left knee years ago I feel for the guy, damn shame for such a  talented lad (Lewis that is, not me I hasten to add).

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm still not sure I'm quite buying all this pre-match reverse psychology from Rovers fans here. I know there's a pretty decent quality team up there - wouldn't have all those points if they didn't. Quite how that shitshow against Ayr happened I've no idea. However,  playing Queens next is often the solution to such problems as we know only too well.

Always saddened when I'm reminded of Lewis Vaughan's injuries - having destroyed my left knee years ago I feel for the guy, damn shame for such a  talented lad (Lewis that is, not me I hasten to add).

Trust me, there is no reverse psychology at work here.

Erm, it won’t I promise you. We are utterly sheeeeiiiitttte. 11 league games without a win tells you everything you need to know. Come on you know what to do, put another nail in McGlynn’s coffin and the others will follow. 

Do you think any other manager would have survived such form?

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you think any other manager would have survived such form?

Given that it’s 0-6-5, we’re still gaining a few points, we’re still in the top half of the table, but we’re winning in the Cups (when expected), most managers would be on a hot seat but I don’t think they would have been fired. JMcG has the tailwind from his excellent performance up until now and the headwind of you know what, and they seem to about balance. With JMcG and Smudger both out of contract at the end of the season, I don’t think there is the rush to replace pressure, and the recent antics may have reined in any such thoughts (or maybe brought them forward as a sacrificial lamb?).

I'm unsure as to how anyone can look at a team who haven't won since early December and think they're being overly negative when they suggest they'll probably not win. 

The funny thing is that after we beat Killie at home, I think everyone felt like it might just have been possible that we could kick on and win the league. What a shambles we've been since then. 

I'm unsure as to how anyone can look at a team who haven't won since early December and think they're being overly negative when they suggest they'll probably not win. 
The funny thing is that after we beat Killie at home, I think everyone felt like it might just have been possible that we could kick on and win the league. What a shambles we've been since then. 

Please stop.

15 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

We got the points by having a great 1st half to the season (thank god for that or we’d be going down) but we’ve been utterly shite for months now and John McGlynn has no idea how to fix it apart from signing a player so loathed he ended any feel good factor at the club and has probably ended any budget to fix things for next year. Right now the way we’re playing I’d bet my house on Cowdenbeath sticking a few past us let alone Queen of the South. We are completely rudderless and look like we’ve not bothered to even train. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

We got the points by having a great 1st half to the season (thank god for that or we’d be going down) but we’ve been utterly shite for months now and John McGlynn has no idea how to fix it apart from signing a player so loathed he ended any feel good factor at the club and has probably ended any budget to fix things for next year. Right now the way we’re playing I’d bet my house on Cowdenbeath sticking a few past us let alone Queen of the South. We are completely rudderless and look like we’ve not bothered to even train. 

Excuse my obvious bias, but I so hope what you say is true ...