Scott Brown retires

1 minute ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Absolute gorgeous specimen of a man Sir David is.

What was this all about though, out of interest? Why did the Hibs club captain present Scott Brown with an award when he left Celtic, to join Aberdeen? Iā€™m sure there is some obvious reasonable circumstance that I must have missed.

40 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Ā It just so happens there is a weird little enclave of mutual masturbation Celtic, Hibs and Abergreen supporters on here. šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

Itā€™s maybe beyond you, but can you see the connection? (Also, if youā€™re going to go down this road, itā€™s Aberghreen.)

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Itā€™s maybe beyond you, but can you see the connection? (Also, if youā€™re going to go down this road, itā€™s Aberghreen.)

Obviously I recognise the connection of the player playing for Hibs and Celtic, but surely to f**k there was more to it than that? Why did Hibs give him an award over a decade after he left them?

it was just a really weird thing to do unless there is something Iā€™m missing with the story.

ā€beyond meā€, aye okay Joseph. šŸ˜„

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

What was this all about though, out of interest? Why did the Hibs club captain present Scott Brown with an award when he left Celtic, to join Aberdeen? Iā€™m sure there is some obvious reasonable circumstance that I must have missed.

Correct, you probably missed the part of his career when he played for Hibs, won the league cup and left for a club record fee.
Ā 

Maybe, just maybe, it was just to show a bit of respect to him.

15 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Correct, you probably missed the part of his career when he played for Hibs, won the league cup and left for a club record fee.
Ā 

Maybe, just maybe, it was just to show a bit of respect to him.

So because he won the league cup there?

I didnā€™t miss that part of his career, I was there to see him on the receiving end of plenty big defeats in the derby. I just assumed there had to be more to it than, he played for Hibs over a decade ago.Ā 

It would be like the Hearts Captain of the time awarding something to Gordon when he left Sunderland. Real oddball stuff.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Kyle Reese

3 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

A thank you in advance for skippering the sheep to 10th šŸ˜€

Looking back on it now, that would make more sense. A sort of Nostradamus Delorian Retirement Award. Ā šŸ˜„

Ā 

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

So because he won the league cup there?

I didnā€™t miss that part of his career, I was there to see him on the receiving end of plenty big defeats in the derby. I just assumed there had to be more to it than, he played for Hibs over a decade ago.Ā 

It would be like the Hearts Captain of the time awarding something to Gordon when he left Sunderland. Real oddball stuff.

Ā 

Ā 

Well not really because Craig Gordon done f**k all at Sunderland.Ā 

Just now, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Well not really because Craig Gordon done f**k all at Sunderland.Ā 

So it was an award for doing well at a rival? šŸ˜„

itā€™s just the most ā€˜Hibsā€™ thing ever to be honest.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

The award was to commemorate his career. Showing class to a former player. What donā€™t you understand about that :lol:

Has anyone ever done something similar to this in the past? It is just so Hibsy. Are you getting him anything to commemorate him leaving Aberdeen? A nice Argos decanter or something? šŸ¤£

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

13 pages and @Jinky67Ā still thinks the red dots are because people donā€™t like Broony ffs !!!

I call someone a c**t on this forum and you all walk on by, i call Broony a legend and itā€™s raining red dots.

The level of seethe is amusing

Ā 

Ā