Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

No its not, there are rules in place as a game has to start with each team on the park with a minimum amount of players, & or more and under 7 is the cut off for each team.  This is for the whole of Scottish professional football.

Regarding Blantyre and a punishment, none of us are in the full fact and the WOSFL have to gather all the facts to make decisions, to see what laws have been broken and to then work out if and what actions must be taken
If Blantyre started with 7 players then they did not break a rule.
If Blantyre had a player taken off injured then did they break a rule, not that I know of as Glenafton could have started with 11 and no subs but then 5 players all receive injuries to abandon the game so do Glenafton get punished, NO.

Personally I don't see any sanctions against Blantyre, there might be a little moan at them but what did they do wrong, none that I can see, but again, I'm not in the knowledge of having the full facts.  I do however find it strange that a team who take to the filed only have 7 players while having a U20s development team meaning they can use any of their players
Did Blantyre know the rules and went down with 7 players knowing 1 of them was gonnie fake injury after 10-15 mins and game would be abandoned and no fine heading there way??? I wouldnt be surprised. F#####g stinks of juniors!!!!!

Mon the papers

28 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Did Blantyre know the rules and went down with 7 players knowing 1 of them was gonnie fake injury after 10-15 mins and game would be abandoned and no fine heading there way??? I wouldnt be surprised. F#####g stinks of juniors!!!!!

Mon the papers

Juniors are dead m8 stinks of senior non-league football

Mon the papers

Would imagine they did seen as it has been in the laws of the game for decades, not just the WoSFL rules. They've probably weighed it up and deemed that to be the best route for them. It's shit but in theory, there's little to stop teams doing that at near enough any level of the game.

3 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Would imagine they did seen as it has been in the laws of the game for decades, not just the WoSFL rules. They've probably weighed it up and deemed that to be the best route for them. It's shit but in theory, there's little to stop teams doing that at near enough any level of the game.

While it's in the laws of the game. Some leagues/competitions have rules about putting in a strongest team. Since nothing like that's in place this season, it should be for next season.

If a club has 11+ registered players they should be able to field 11 players unless they can provide proof of injury/suspension. There shouldn't be a situation like this again.

While it's in the laws of the game. Some leagues/competitions have rules about putting in a strongest team. Since nothing like that's in place this season, it should be for next season.
If a club has 11+ registered players they should be able to field 11 players unless they can provide proof of injury/suspension. There shouldn't be a situation like this again.

A rule like that could never be enforceable in a league where the footballers are part time. People miss games due to work and family commitments all the time. There will always be times when teams struggle to fill their bench.

Providing proof of injuries probably violates a player's confidentiality also.

Plus, who decides what the strongest squad is?

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Especially if they have a development squad.

If there is no punishment then it sets an open goal of a precedent
Team A goes into the final game needing a point.
Team A starts with 7 players claiming all other options are unavailable.
Immediately after kick off a player on Team A pulls a hamstring and is unable to continue.
Game finishes 0-0 and 1 point each?
Surely any team starting with 7 players must receive some sanction?

Immediately after kick off a player on Team A pulls a hamstring and is unable to continue.
Why? They haven't technically done anything wrong? Unless they can be proven to engineer a particular outcome then they wouldn't be sanctioned.

9 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Team with 11 players wins 3-0 has always been the norm for this AFAIA. Happens more often in amateur leagues but this isn't some unknown scenario that has never happened before. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, RedEd said:
Has that been confirmed?

Yes

Fair enough. Hopefully as a committee you guys will look at how to punish clubs who scratch simply because they can't be bothered playing.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

I'm sure Blantyre knew the rules - but if players are away for different reason then all they can do is ask to move the game, which Glenafton said No so it has to go ahead and they still made it to the game. OR, tell the players, look you either want to play for this semi professional football team or just be a football supporter, make your mind up.  its really n internal affair for Blantyre, and all teams to have their house in order.

Did the player fake an injury ? none of us know, and why would he, its a game of football.

Blantyre have no advantage of abandoning the game, they were already relegated before the game started so there was no incentive.

Sinks of juniors, stinks of seniors, it doesn't really matter. The whole of the West juniors left the disbanding Junior league to join the new senior WOSFL and the new league is mostly run by people from the old junior ranks so they only know what they know from experience, which is from their junior days, well most of them.  IN 5, 10, 15 years the standard will rise, the professionalism we all hope will get better and rules will tighten, due to things that happen, we learn form them and make rules up to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen again.

I for one know this first year is unprecedented with 20 off teams in the top league so don't expect it to happen again as it had a cause and effect on cup tournaments etc...   So personally I think this football in this level will rise, including the development football and I for one are looking forward to going to watching some exciting games in the future, both first team and development. teams like Auchinleck, Cumnock, Clydebank, Pollok, Benburb, Irvine Meadow etc... all playing in the big Scottish cup and also trying to get promoted to a level higher than what they are used to and beyond

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

16 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
24 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Why? They haven't technically done anything wrong? Unless they can be proven to engineer a particular outcome then they wouldn't be sanctioned.

I agree "technically" but "bringing the game into disrepute" is a catch all trump card to play too.
Perhaps any team starting a match with fewer than 11 should be required to explain and face possible sanction? There's plenty of legitimate reasons but have any other matches in WoSL started with fewer than 11 a side this season?

10 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

I agree "technically" but "bringing the game into disrepute" is a catch all trump card to play too.
Perhaps any team starting a match with fewer than 11 should be required to explain and face possible sanction? There's plenty of legitimate reasons but have any other matches in WoSL started with fewer than 11 a side this season?

Maybe the rules could be changed to make it less than 9 players. There definitely has to be a cut off and I think 9 is fine due to most first teams having a development squad then there is no excuse. 

BUT then again 2 players could get easily sent off in a match due to reckless tackles and in the top division its happened with more than 2 players off so that means it would be back to 7 again, ffs this is all a headache

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Maybe the rules could be changed to make it less than 9 players. There definitely has to be a cut off and I think 9 is fine due to most first teams having a development squad then there is no excuse

I honestly can't think of a game I've paid in to see that has had a team starting with less than 11. It was a genuine question whether there has been any other fixture this season with <11 players starting.