Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

Good luck to glencairn next season but they deserved to go down poor towards end of season. 
Would be double comedy gold if the parody of a club darvel got beat tomorrow and relegated the muppets from benburb .
3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in our last 5 games. Unfortunately all the teams below us pretty much won all their games. That's football.

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, 3point4win said:
Good luck to glencairn next season but they deserved to go down poor towards end of season. 
Would be double comedy gold if the parody of a club darvel got beat tomorrow and relegated the muppets from benburb .

3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in our last 5 games. Unfortunately all the teams below us pretty much won all their games. That's football.

Guessing you could claim Cumbernauld drawing with Glenafton as 2 pounts gained considering what came out in the wash.

But hey that's Junior sorry non league football.

While we all know the circumstances of what happened, by awarding the tie to Glenafton does not seem to punish Blantyre every much, they are already relegated in fact you could argue that the teams getting punished in this situation are Glencaorn and Benburb.  There must have been another way to sanction Blantyre but still play the game. 

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

No extra sanction for Blantyre?

I would say they've allowed the original result to stand rather than awarding the victory to Glenafton. It doesn't look as though there's going to be any punishment for Blantyre, Cambuslang or Darvel.

7 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I would say they've allowed the original result to stand rather than awarding the victory to Glenafton. It doesn't look as though there's going to be any punishment for Blantyre, Cambuslang or Darvel.

Bad precedent to be setting.

7 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

What have Darvel done?

He has way ott reaction to season they have had.  They can get relegated ffs. 
Aye its came back 2 bite them in arse but i wouldve had them down with bonnyton before a ball was kicked. Hes an scumdrie cant so glad he took them doon

Mon the papers

8 hours ago, beithboy said:

While we all know the circumstances of what happened, by awarding the tie to Glenafton does not seem to punish Blantyre every much, ... 

The Vics did have enough players there to start the game so at the end of the day it wasn't an outright failure to fulfil a fixture. I suspect the outcome would have been different on extra sanctions if there were only six players there and the game couldn't be started according to the rules of the game.

27 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The Vics did have enough players there to start the game so at the end of the day it wasn't an outright failure to fulfil a fixture. I suspect the outcome would have been different on extra sanctions if there were only six players there and the game couldn't be started according to the rules of the game.

Do the rules say it is ok to start a game with seven players? that in itself is farcical, can understand sendings off and injuries, but to start with seven against eleven is a joke.

^^^ A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

If a team has fewer than seven players because one or more players has deliberately left the field of play, the referee is not obliged to stop play and the advantage may be played, but the match must not resume after the ball has gone out of play if a team does not have the minimum number of seven players.

If the competition rules state that all players and substitutes must be named before kick-off and a team starts a match with fewer than eleven players, only the players and substitutes named on the team list may take part in the match upon their arrival.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

20 minutes ago, bigecumnock said:

Do the rules say it is ok to start a game with seven players? that in itself is farcical, can understand sendings off and injuries, but to start with seven against eleven is a joke.

No its not, there are rules in place as a game has to start with each team on the park with a minimum amount of players, & or more and under 7 is the cut off for each team.  This is for the whole of Scottish professional football.

Regarding Blantyre and a punishment, none of us are in the full fact and the WOSFL have to gather all the facts to make decisions, to see what laws have been broken and to then work out if and what actions must be taken

If Blantyre started with 7 players then they did not break a rule.
If Blantyre had a player taken off injured then did they break a rule, not that I know of as Glenafton could have started with 11 and no subs but then 5 players all receive injuries to abandon the game so do Glenafton get punished, NO.

Personally I don't see any sanctions against Blantyre, there might be a little moan at them but what did they do wrong, none that I can see, but again, I'm not in the knowledge of having the full facts.  I do however find it strange that a team who take to the filed only have 7 players while having a U20s development team meaning they can use any of their players

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

The actual laws of the game say it.

Whether people like it or not, and as fishy as it may appear, Blantyre have not actually broken any rules. They turned up for a game with the minimum number of players required and the ref then made the decision to cancel it when that number dropped due to injury.

Most of the farcical scenes we have seen over the last few weeks stem from the season being extended into June forcing clubs to pay wages beyond when they had budgeted for. Maybe it won't be an issue next year if Darvel take their swamp of a park up to the Lowland League.