Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

This is a burning issue for people from Buckie right now?

Difficult to see how the outcome isn't ultimately 3-0 Glenafton and Glencairn's secretary is far from the only person capable of spotting a constitutional loophole so the reasoning being outlined for the scenario you are peddling is flimsy at best.

The Vics' key goals on travelling to New Cumnock were probably to avoid a fine for failing to show up with enough players to fulfill a fixture and possibly to engineer a scenario in which they could still get to watch the Rangers game. Doubt Glencairn and Benburb's predicament was much of a factor in any of it.

Are the players who played as trialists signing with Cumbernauld and Blantyre next season? If not why would any player at the end of an 11 month 38 game season want to go and play a few games with another team, never mind teams that are already relegated and with all due respect don't really have much to play for?

I do think it is obvious Rutherglen have chosen to help Blantyre and Cumbernauld to benefit themselves, which is a loophole and allowed as previouslt said, but it does make you wonder what other tactics if any they have used to help these 2 clubs. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is a burning issue for people from Buckie right now?

Difficult to see how the outcome isn't ultimately 3-0 Glenafton and Glencairn's secretary is far from the only person capable of spotting a constitutional loophole so the reasoning being outlined for the scenario you are peddling is flimsy at best.

The Vics' key goals on travelling to New Cumnock were probably to avoid a fine for failing to show up with enough players to fulfill a fixture and possibly to engineer a scenario in which they could still get to watch the Rangers game. Doubt Glencairn and Benburb's predicament was much of a factor in any of it.

What have you got against Buckie. Do you need to come from a certain part of the WOS or be of a particular persuasion or just somebody who agrees with you. It’s an open forum!!

Edited by Lurcer

9 hours ago, Remi22 said:

Are the players who played as trialists signing with Cumbernauld and Blantyre next season? If not why would any player at the end of an 11 month 38 game season want to go and play a few games with another team, never mind teams that are already relegated and with all due respect don't really have much to play for?

I do think it is obvious Rutherglen have chosen to help Blantyre and Cumbernauld to benefit themselves, which is a loophole and allowed as previouslt said, but it does make you wonder what other tactics if any they have used to help these 2 clubs. 

Hard to disagree with that tbh.

16 hours ago, Lurcer said:

What have you got against Buckie. Do you need to come from a certain part of the WOS or be of a particular persuasion or just somebody who agrees with you. It’s an open forum!!

Nothing against Buckie beyond a slight visceral level reaction to the sight of green and white hoops where Thistle are concerned. Was basically joking with that bit. The goalie as a trialist angle seems to be within the rules and hence fair game.  Think there's a major leap in logic on moving from that to Glencairn's secretary masterminding the abandoned game scenario but the truth is out there....

Edited by LongTimeLurker

So is there going to be decision on the abandoned game between Glenafton and Blantyre before Saturday's play off match for the lowland league? there are a few clubs future on where they will be playing riding on the decision the blazers make on this game especially if Darvel were to lose the play off. 

5 minutes ago, beithboy said:

So is there going to be decision on the abandoned game between Glenafton and Blantyre before Saturday's play off match for the lowland league? there are a few clubs future on where they will be playing riding on the decision the blazers make on this game especially if Darvel were to lose the play off. 

The decision affects Glenafton and Benburb, not Renfrew and Port Glasgow.

What only affects Renfrew and Port Glasgow is whether Darvel win on Saturday or not.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

What only affects Renfrew and Port Glasgow is whether Darvel win on Saturday or not.

Has there been a date set for a decision to be made? Surely time must be of the essence with the league season essentially finished, contracts running out and players going to other teams etc

2 minutes ago, Remi22 said:

Has there been a date set for a decision to be made? Surely time must be of the essence with the league season essentially finished, contracts running out and players going to other teams etc

I am not involved in the process, so I honestly cannot answer your question, sorry.

WOSFL is rapidly turning into a farce, a supposedly professional football organisation and they cannot make a decision on a team turning up with seven players, shocking. Their lack of decision making is preventing the affected clubs from pushing on with :

Pitch renovation
New season sponsorship
Signing of existing players
Signing of new players.

It really is time they got their act together and make the only logical decision available unless they are wanting a rerun of the farcical situation that played out at Glenafton. 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

My point exactly it is affects the Glens and Benburb. If I am Benburb I want to know what is happening before Saturday as I don’t want to be relying on Darvel needing to win to stay up and it would be a horrible way to go down when Glenafton might be awarded the three points and they could be relegated without a ball being kicked.  I know the circumstances of the abandoned game and I would expect Glenafton to win the game (if it was to be replayed) but there is the chance that Blantyre could get a draw which would be enough to save Benburb.  There  are going to be some very unhappy people what ever the decision is. 

1 hour ago, Remi22 said:

52 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

Glenafton should have a formal letter of complaint already lodged with the sfa. 

As has been posted elsewhere, a complaint has been lodged by one club.

(The correct body to deal with it is the wosfl, not the SFA which has no jurisdiction over such matters.)

There is therefore a formal process that has to be followed and the outcome will not be known any earlier than Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Edited by archieb

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

My point exactly it is affects the Glens and Benburb. If I am Benburb I want to know what is happening before Saturday as I don’t want to be relying on Darvel needing to win to stay up and it would be a horrible way to go down when Glenafton might be awarded the three points and they could be relegated without a ball being kicked.  I know the circumstances of the abandoned game and I would expect Glenafton to win the game (if it was to be replayed) but there is the chance that Blantyre could get a draw which would be enough to save Benburb.  There  are going to be some very unhappy people what ever the decision is. 

Benburb are not too bothered by this right now. They know that the decision has to go through all official protocols via the WOSFL to make sure all information is at hand and will be done the right way. Benburb full expect Glenafton to be awarded a 3.0 win thus relegating Glencairn and making the Bens 7th bottom team which obviously means they are waiting on the Darvel   vs  Tranent game and a win for Darvel gives the Bens premier league status next season while if Tranent win then it relegates the Bens, which across in the East of the country, Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale F.C. will then be saved from relegation from the East Premier league

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

For what it's worth, my take on this is quite simple. The "powers that be " cannot do anything other than award the game to Glenafton.

Somebody earlier in the thread summed it up. A few key players missing with injury/ suspension, turn up with 7, have an injury and abandon the game. Then get a replay when everybody is back. It cannot be allowed to happen. Time for the blazers to show a bit of leadership. 

14 minutes ago, DanMan said:

For what it's worth, my take on this is quite simple. The "powers that be " cannot do anything other than award the game to Glenafton.

Somebody earlier in the thread summed it up. A few key players missing with injury/ suspension, turn up with 7, have an injury and abandon the game. Then get a replay when everybody is back. It cannot be allowed to happen. Time for the blazers to show a bit of leadership. 

Add in we don't how recently any the 7 signed for Blantyre going the bizarre tale coming out of Rutherglen.

10 hours ago, archieb said:

As has been posted elsewhere, a complaint has been lodged by one club.

(The correct body to deal with it is the wosfl, not the SFA which has no jurisdiction over such matters.)

There is therefore a formal process that has to be followed and the outcome will not be known any earlier than Monday or Tuesday of next week.

What process? Waiting until the next scheduled meeting? For this still to be hanging about when the 'LL play offs are finished is shoddy at best.

The reason for the delay is that the WoSFL received a letter of complaint from one of the teams. This started a process which, under the Constitution and Rules, takes a specified amount of time which cannot be speeded up. The delay is unfortunate, but the rules have to be applied.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

The reason for the delay is that the WoSFL received a letter of complaint from one of the teams. This started a process which, under the Constitution and Rules, takes a specified amount of time which cannot be speeded up. The delay is unfortunate, but the rules have to be applied.

It’s a pity that common sense can’t be applied.