Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

Surely a decision has to be made before Glens game on Monday 
Would like 2 think there was a meeting tonight or 1st thing tomorrow with glenafton awarded 3 points n Blantyre deducted 3 points next season. Cmon wosl committee we r a professional league now

Mon the papers

FULL TIME

Glenafton Athletic 0

Cumbernauld United 0

This would relegate Glencairn (in theory barring an 7-0 defeat if they replayed the Blantyre game). As it is only "in theory" I think they'd have to replay the Blantyre game as if awarded as a 3-0 this would put Benburb in the "possible relegation" zone waiting on Darvel on Saturday.

42 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

FULL TIME

Glenafton Athletic 0

Cumbernauld United 0

This would relegate Glencairn (in theory barring an 7-0 defeat if they replayed the Blantyre game). As it is only "in theory" I think they'd have to replay the Blantyre game as if awarded as a 3-0 this would put Benburb in the "possible relegation" zone waiting on Darvel on Saturday.

Surprised the game went ahead tonight what with the St Johnstone v Inverness game being on the telly. It’s not like the old days of stag weekends , Covid outbreaks and European finals. 

7 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Can see why both teams have struggled this season, dreadful game tonight although I'm not sure Glenafton's disallowed goal was actually offside.

2 poor teams playing badly......but don't you just love the fans of the Ayrshire clubs...." never beaten always cheated " mentality...Cumbernauld offered nothing and Glenafton  could not have scored in a house of ill repute with a wad of cash

9 hours ago, Village elder said:

2 poor teams playing badly......but don't you just love the fans of the Ayrshire clubs...." never beaten always cheated " mentality...Cumbernauld offered nothing and Glenafton  could not have scored in a house of ill repute with a wad of cash

The goal was clearly onside. 

I Definitely have some sympathy for Rutherglen, in the manner of their relegation, no team with that amount of points should be getting relegated in any season. The sympathy lessens a bit when you find out that it looks like Rutherglen have been releasing players on two occasions to play against Glenafton, a gap in the constitution which looks like being amended next year, however it is a ludcrious situation whereby a goalkeeper was on the teamlines for Rutherglen on the 14th of May, is now playing in a league match ten days later for another team at this stage of the season. The keeper to his credit had an excellent game, with some oustanding saves.

Perhaps you could argue that Rutherglen would do what any other team would have done in the situation, however the management committee's decision in regards to the Blantyre match must not be influenced in the same way, and it is a worry when the Rutherglen President seems to be on the said management committee.

I Definitely have some sympathy for Rutherglen, in the manner of their relegation, no team with that amount of points should be getting relegated in any season. The sympathy lessens a bit when you find out that it looks like Rutherglen have been releasing players on two occasions to play against Glenafton, a gap in the constitution which looks like being amended next year, however it is a ludcrious situation whereby a goalkeeper was on the teamlines for Rutherglen on the 14th of May, is now playing in a league match ten days later for another team at this stage of the season. The keeper to his credit had an excellent game, with some oustanding saves.
Perhaps you could argue that Rutherglen would do what any other team would have done in the situation, however the management committee's decision in regards to the Blantyre match must not be influenced in the same way, and it is a worry when the Rutherglen President seems to be on the said management committee.
The Rutherglen President is not on the WoSFL Management Committee. The Club Secretary is, but is taking no part whatsoever in the decision over the outstanding Glenafton v Blantyre fixture.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The Rutherglen President is not on the WoSFL Management Committee. The Club Secretary is, but is taking no part whatsoever in the decision over the outstanding Glenafton v Blantyre fixture.

Apologies, the secretary my mistake. Yes I get that is a conflict of interest so that was never going to be any issue. Just seems a bit strange to me, how the trialist appearance of the Cumbernauld keeper came about last night, did the secretary know there was a gap in the rules and advise Cumbernauld of this? Seems to be a bit of hearsay Blantyre also had some Rutherglen players guesting as trialists?

Just seems a very strange situation all round!

Multiple clubs have been taking advantage of a loophole in the rules that allows clubs to release players to play as trialists for other clubs after 31st March. I know of several clubs who have done this, including my own. The loophole will be closed this summer, but while it exists there is no rules broken. And to point the finger at only one club is naiive when multiple clubs across the WoSFL have been doing it.

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Multiple clubs have been taking advantage of a loophole in the rules that allows clubs to release players to play as trialists for other clubs after 31st March. I know of several clubs who have done this, including my own. The loophole will be closed this summer, but while it exists there is no rules broken. And to point the finger at only one club is naiive when multiple clubs across the WoSFL have been doing it.

Yes fair enough with the trialists loophole rules I get your point, however I don't see any other team in the decision using it as a method to improve their own survival chances? Whilst its not illegal, it is certainly not in the spirit of the game or the league.

Is it fair to assume that the Rutherglen Secretary is quite knowledgeable about loopholes in the existing constiution? If so, would it also be fair to assume if Blantyre contacted him asking for advice on their situation before the Glenafton game, he would be able to identity a loophole for this too? I personally believe Blantyre were well scripted on what to do and say the other Wednesday game, and they had no intention of playing a 90 minute match that is clear. What club or clubs would benefit from Blantyre's conduct? 

Yes fair enough with the trialists loophole rules I get your point, however I don't see any other team in the decision using it as a method to improve their own survival chances? Whilst its not illegal, it is certainly not in the spirit of the game or the league.
Is it fair to assume that the Rutherglen Secretary is quite knowledgeable about loopholes in the existing constiution? If so, would it also be fair to assume if Blantyre contacted him asking for advice on their situation before the Glenafton game, he would be able to identity a loophole for this too? I personally believe Blantyre were well scripted on what to do and say the other Wednesday game, and they had no intention of playing a 90 minute match that is clear. What club or clubs would benefit from Blantyre's conduct? 
I can assure you that Blantyre Victoria have had no contact with the Rutherglen Glencairn Secretary whatsoever over the past 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
5 minutes ago, Remi22 said:

I can assure you that Blantyre Victoria have had no contact with the Rutherglen Glencairn Secretary whatsoever over the past 3 weeks.

Out of interest, when were the previous Rutherglen players released to enable them to play as trialists for Blantyre? Or did they only play with Rutherglen at start of season? Seems to be a bit of hearsay and nobody is wanting to clear it up

Out of interest, when were the previous Rutherglen players released to enable them to play as trialists for Blantyre? Or did they only play with Rutherglen at start of season? Seems to be a bit of hearsay and nobody is wanting to clear it up
I do not know as I wasn't involved.

1 hour ago, Remi22 said:

Collusion between clubs to manufacture  an outcome should result in lifetime bans for any official involved. 
It’s difficult to prove but not impossible. Two people in the know is a secret but 7 or more will become common knowledge. 

Edited by Lurcer

This is a burning issue for people from Buckie right now?

Difficult to see how the outcome isn't ultimately 3-0 Glenafton and Glencairn's secretary is far from the only person capable of spotting a constitutional loophole so the reasoning being outlined for the scenario you are peddling is flimsy at best.

The Vics' key goals on travelling to New Cumnock were probably to avoid a fine for failing to show up with enough players to fulfill a fixture and possibly to engineer a scenario in which they could still get to watch the Rangers game. Doubt Glencairn and Benburb's predicament was much of a factor in any of it.