Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Ffs didn't mean to open a huge can lol

it's better to discuss the solution to this scenario and what the outcome should be long before it actually happens. If Broomhill move back west from Alloa, the likelihood of it happening rises considerably.

How can my opinion be 'incorrect' this is a forum where opinions are given.  My opinion is Largs will be safe if they win tonight. 
You didn't state it as an opinion though, you stated it as a fact. Had you put "in my opinion" in your statement that would have been different.

There is no current rule saying what would happen if 2 teams are relegated into the WoSFL and the champions aren't promoted, so it is not correct to say that 5 teams would be automatically relegated.
Yeah probably need rules for all the different scenarios so teams know if definitely 3 down from Premier - change relegation following season - or it could change to just 2 or 4/5 teams down next season so no teams end up 4th bottom thinking safe then go down or a team may finish 3rd bottom and hope West Premier winners win play off and save them? Aye complicated [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

58 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Yeah probably need rules for all the different scenarios so teams know if definitely 3 down from Premier - change relegation following season - or it could change to just 2 or 4/5 teams down next season so no teams end up 4th bottom thinking safe then go down or a team may finish 3rd bottom and hope West Premier winners win play off and save them? Aye complicated emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What we do know is 3 teams are coming up.

Going to be very tight at the bottom, Rutherglen for me are favourites to occupy the final relegation spot simply because of their final  fixture which I do no expect them to get any points out of. and they have the worst goal difference of of all the teams.  Glenafton have it all to do with the most games left and it it is in no way certain that they will win them all. but I do expect them to get at least two wins and go level with Rutherglen.  Largs for me have the hardest run in but they are against teams that do not have anything at stake so i expect them to get at least a couple of more points.  it could come down to whether Darvel win the play off to decide if one of these teams survives. 

14 hours ago, 3point4win said:

IMO!!! 

Terrible result for the two glens tonight with Largs winning,  the good form and goals they are scoring for fun they will stay up now. 

Glenafton have a few games left to play three Favorable games at home and one away to relegated Cumbernauld.  That will see them amass enough points to stay up. 

By no means certainty but my gut feeling is Glencairn will go down .

What might help the Glens is if Beith & Meadow play their youngsters now that they are safe as both have had strong U20 squads. Meadow had 5 or 6 in the squad at Troon and Beith have had them in their squads too.

I think Glencairn have to win on Saturday to have any chance of staying up. They are more than capable of winning on Saturday but my opinion is they will have to and then hope Glenafton don't pick up 10 points from their remaining fixtures.

it would serve glencairn right 

remember they played a weakened team v  talbot  a few weeks ago

might come back to haunt them

only saving grace we have a lot of injuries and have no interest in our last league game

and have a Bigger game on mon night v bankies in a  cup

it would serve glencairn right 
remember they played a weakened team v  talbot  a few weeks ago
might come back to haunt them
only saving grace we have a lot of injuries and have no interest in our last league game
and have a Bigger game on mon night v bankies in a  cup
Was against Darvel they played a weakened team.

wrong team apologies     but still against fair play which i stated about sporting integrity
All of the players we used were first team squad players. Absolutely nothing wrong with using your squad when it suits you. It's not as if we brought in lots of ringers.

Glenafton have three home games remaining. If they don't get enough point from them then they can't complain about going down. 
Spidey senses are saying Glencairn will dodge the bullet again though.
I hope you're right but time will tell.

Whatever happens I'm proud of our efforts this season. We were always going to be one of the favourites to be in the 7-team drop zone before the season started, but it has taken till a few days before our last game for us to drop into the drop zone.

No matter what happens on Saturday we will finish our season still with a chance of staying up, even if we lose to Pollok.

If you'd said to me at the start of the season that we'd go into our last game with a chance of staying in the league then I'd have been very happy.

The safety mark after Phase One was 23 points. We now have 49 with one game still to play. I don't think very many people thought the safety mark would be as high as that.

Time will tell, it's out of my control and it's down to what happens on the pitches over the next couple of weeks. What will be will be.

That's a post of someone who thought his team was safe and is now inside panicking like mad but not wanting to show it so putting on a brave face [emoji38]
Time will tell [emoji23]
If you ask anyone who knows me or has spoken to me over the past few months they will tell you the opposite, I've been saying all along that we're far from safe despite people at other clubs saying that we were. I've never at any point thought that we were over the line. But my club is my club, I've been following them for 50 years and I've seen us go up and down many times. I can't control what happens on the pitch, but whatever league we're in next season I'll be just as emotionally invested in it as ever.