Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If the EoS champion wins the playoffs then 7 are relegated.

Just wanna run this by

If say Auchinleck win the league, so they go to the playoff
If they lose play off then they are back into the WOS premier league so this means that 7 teams are relegated as no one is promoted from the premier
Means there's a 20 league, 3 promoted are added and 7 relegated and works out at 16

If Auchinleck win play off, that means 20 team league, 1 promoted to LL and 3 promoted to Premier and 6 relegated leaves a league of 16.

p.s sorry folks, it could be Darvel win the league, just used Auchinleck as they start with the letter A, dont hate me  😍

Just wanna run this by
If say Auchinleck win the league, so they go to the playoff
If they lose play off then they are back into the WOS premier league so this means that 7 teams are relegated as no one is promoted from the premier
Means there's a 20 league, 3 promoted are added and 7 relegated and works out at 16

If Auchinleck win play off, that means 20 team league, 1 promoted to LL and 3 promoted to Premier and 6 relegated leaves a league of 16.

p.s sorry folks, it could be Darvel win the league, just used Auchinleck as they start with the letter A, dont hate me  [emoji7]
Correct

Hurlford United are having a big say in the relegation issue without being involved in it themselves.

They have lost to Largs Thistle, Rossvale, Glenafton Athletic, Benburb and Kilbirnie Ladeside over the past couple of months, while at the same time beating Irvine Meadow and Clydebank, and drawing with Auchinleck Talbot and Pollok.

They did their job towards safety early in the season so fair play to them, but their results recently would suggest that they're perhaps not quite as motivated now against the teams in the bottom half of the table as they are against the teams in the top half.

55 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Hurlford United are having a big say in the relegation issue without being involved in it themselves.

They have lost to Largs Thistle, Rossvale, Glenafton Athletic, Benburb and Kilbirnie Ladeside over the past couple of months, while at the same time beating Irvine Meadow and Clydebank, and drawing with Auchinleck Talbot and Pollok.

They did their job towards safety early in the season so fair play to them, but their results recently would suggest that they're perhaps not quite as motivated now against the teams in the bottom half of the table as they are against the teams in the top half.

The same could be said about your team pal. Thumped by Talbot and Darvel (even dropping players for the match with the latter) but picking up points against teams Kilbirnie, Benburb and Glenafton.

31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The same could be said about your team pal. Thumped by Talbot and Darvel (even dropping players for the match with the latter) but picking up points against teams Kilbirnie, Benburb and Glenafton.

It's not even remotely comparable, as every game has meaning for us. We prioritised our squad in the games v the teams at the top so our players were fit for the games that we really needed to win. As all teams do, we used our squad as we saw best fit for the occasions. The likes of Hurlford and Kilwinning have been playing lots of meaningless end of season league matches for a long time as they have been in no danger of relegation and with no prospect of promotion. That's what comes with a 20-team league unfortunately.

By the way, we weren't thumped by Darvel, we lost 2-0 and 3-1 to them.

Edited by glensmad

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It's not even remotely comparable, as every game has meaning for us. We prioritised our squad in the games v the teams at the top so our players were fit for the games that we really needed to win. As all teams do, we used our squad as we saw best fit for the occasions. The likes of Hurlford and Kilwinning have been playing lots of meaningless end of season league matches for a long time as they have been in no danger of relegation and with no prospect of promotion. That's what comes with a 20-team league unfortunately.

By the way, we weren't thumped by Darvel, we lost 2-0 and 3-1 to them.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Hurlford are riddled with injuries to be fair . I think they had 5 trialists on Saturday and 2 members of the coaching staff on the bench.

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Are we expecting Glenafton to stay up?.only ground in the league I've not been to yet so was hoping to complete the set next season.

If they do be sure to take a hat, scarf and a kevlar vest, whenever the fixture is.

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Are we expecting Glenafton to stay up?.only ground in the league I've not been to yet so was hoping to complete the set next season.

I’m no sure if anyone is expecting the glens to stay up , some fans confident of staying up and some not so confident , It’s all down to whether we can keep the good momentum going in the league games , and of course it’s still in our own hands . 2 really tough games next week , home to Talbot on Saturday and away to on form Largs on Wednesday . Think we then have 3 of our last 4 games at home where our records not great , which gives me the fear . But hopefully you make it to NC next season 🙏

Nice to see Kilbirnie relegated as that will be a superb away day next season! What’s the standards of the teams relegated so far? Confident Candy can beat Largs next season if they go down, based on the cup match. Candy won on pens but should’ve won it by a few in normal time. Largs looked really fit, but nothing special technically. Ref also gave them a helping hand a bit I thought that game. 

I stole below from another forum but I thought it was well worded and explains what's

happening with structure next year as I for one was getting confused by what the feck is going on with it all 

The champions of the WoSFL, EoSFL & SoSFL (if licensed, which they all will be) play a mini-league & the winner is promoted to the LL.
The only team due to be relegated from the LL is Vale of Leithen, who will go to the EoSFL.

If the WoSFL champions are promoted, 6 teams will be relegated from the WoSFL Premier division to the new Div 1 and the 3 conference champions (Arthurlie, Cambuslang & Petershill) promoted, so that next season's Premier Division will be reduced to 16 clubs.

If the WoSFL champions do not win the promotion mini-league, 7 clubs will need to be relegated from the Premier Division to reduce it to 16 for next season.

Below that, the relegated clubs and the remaining teams in the Conferences will be split into Divisions 1 (16 clubs), 2 (16 clubs) and 3 (the rest) based on the final league positions in the Conferences.

What will happen to the 8 clubs currently in WoSFL Division 4 has not yet been decided.

1 hour ago, candycelt said:

Nice to see Kilbirnie relegated as that will be a superb away day next season! What’s the standards of the teams relegated so far? Confident Candy can beat Largs next season if they go down, based on the cup match. Candy won on pens but should’ve won it by a few in normal time. Largs looked really fit, but nothing special technically. Ref also gave them a helping hand a bit I thought that game. 

Didn't you have TWO cup matches against Largs this season?

17 minutes ago, holsten said:

I stole below from another forum but I thought it was well worded and explains what's

happening with structure next year as I for one was getting confused by what the feck is going on with it all 

The champions of the WoSFL, EoSFL & SoSFL (if licensed, which they all will be) play a mini-league & the winner is promoted to the LL.
The only team due to be relegated from the LL is Vale of Leithen, who will go to the EoSFL.

If the WoSFL champions are promoted, 6 teams will be relegated from the WoSFL Premier division to the new Div 1 and the 3 conference champions (Arthurlie, Cambuslang & Petershill) promoted, so that next season's Premier Division will be reduced to 16 clubs.

If the WoSFL champions do not win the promotion mini-league, 7 clubs will need to be relegated from the Premier Division to reduce it to 16 for next season.

Below that, the relegated clubs and the remaining teams in the Conferences will be split into Divisions 1 (16 clubs), 2 (16 clubs) and 3 (the rest) based on the final league positions in the Conferences.

What will happen to the 8 clubs currently in WoSFL Division 4 has not yet been decided.

What's confusing about it.
It was already worked out at the start of the seasons and everyoen should really know what's happening.
the 3 conferences were all fighting for position for next season

a premier
a 1st division
a 2nd division
a 3rd division

and a 4th divisions for new teams, (think the only teams to move from the 4 divisions this seasons as they have the correct stadia criteria are Harthill Royal and Campbelltown pupils so if this is correct they would go into division 3 

relegation from lowland league will effect the EOS or the WOS every season because it all depends on which area the team relegated is from and which team wins the promotion play off to the lowland League.
there will be fans form every team know what's happening inside and out but a lot of fans wont be interested until it gets near the nitty gritty time of the season