Wosfl Premier Division Trapdoor

On 27/03/2022 at 19:35, Sancho Panza said:

Could still involve 9 teams from Rutherglen down,.

Meadow, Troon and Bens now safe in my opinion, huge win for Glenafton yesterday,.

For me it's Bonnyton, Blantyre, Rossvale, Cumbernauld ,Largs and Kilbirnie but no doubt a rollercoaster ride ahead.

Not far out with my prediction. 

could be Largs or Glencairn for 6th bottom 

6 points separating 5 teams.

Can Benburb and Rutherglen Glencairn grab a point or two to take them to safety.

Hard to believe any team with 50 points or above will be relegated.

Edited by Glenconner

Benburb now safe on 52 points.
6 points now separating 4 teams in the drop zone.
Benburb are not quite safe yet, but if they go down with 52 points it'll be a bit mental as the safety point at halfway was 23 points.

I'm going to call Cumbernauld United now for the drop.
At this point to ask for a 6 game winning streak is too much to ask and even that might not be enough.

Cumbernauld can get to a maximum of 50 points if they win all six of their remaining games, which include games v Auchinleck and Pollok. You're right, it looks like 50 points might be just short of what is required, but time will tell.

Rob Roy and Largs getting big wins again yesterday, and the safety mark looks to be around 53 or maybe even 54 points. That is quite incredible as the safety mark after Phase One was 23 points.

This has been caused by the size of the league, with a few teams in the top half who were safe quite a while ago and who couldn't get promoted pretty much losing motivation, in my opinion. I've watched as the likes of Hurlford, Kilwinning, Pollok and Clydebank have lost to teams battling the drop in recent weeks. Add to that Bonnyton and Blantyre really struggling to get any points at all recently, then that pushes up the safety mark.

What an end to the season this is
I just cant call who the final 3 or 2 teams will be

Cumbernauld Utd     32pts
V  Auchinleck Talbot (H), Beith (H), Blantyre Vics (H), Cumnock (H), Glenafton Athletic (H) Pollok (H).

Glenafton Athletic    43pts
V Auchinleck (H), Beith (H), Blantyre Vics (H), Irvine Meadow (H), Cumbernauld United (A), Largs Thistle (A)

Largs Thistle   46pts
V Clydebank (H), Glenafton Athletic (H), Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (A)

Rutherglen Glencairn    49pts
V Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (H), Pollok (A)

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy   49pts
V Hurlford United (H), Largs Thistle (H), Auchinleck (A), Rutherglen Glencairn (A)

Beith    51pts
V Cumbernauld Athletic (A), Glenafton Athletic (A)

Benburb   52pts
V Season Finished on 52 pts

Would we agree that 53 pts is safety or is it ?

Already Relegated
Bonnyton, Blantyre Vics, Rossvale, Kilbirnie Ladeside

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

If 53 is safety that means Bonnyton, Blantyre, Cumbernauld, Rossvale, Kilbirnie and Benburb are going down as none of them can reach 53 at this point. If the EoS champion wins the playoffs so that only 6 are relegated I think that's maybe a bit premature where Benburb are concerned because I seriously doubt all three of Glenafton, Largs and Glencairn will finish above them.

I had Benburb, Beith and Glencairn as safe a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If 53 is safety that means Bonnyton, Blantyre, Cumbernauld, Rossvale, Kilbirnie and Benburb are going down as none of them can reach 53 at this point. If the EoS champion wins the playoffs so that only 6 are relegated I think that's maybe a bit premature where Benburb are concerned because I seriously doubt all three of Glenafton, Largs and Glencairn will finish above them.

This is the problem - individually clubs can but as they're playing each other they can't all go above them and then throw in the fact we don't know how many are going down. And in most cases the teams will have played their games and be waiting on a result outside the League to see where they play the following season.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

What an end to the season this is
I just cant call who the final 3 or 2 teams will be

Cumbernauld Utd     32pts
V  Auchinleck Talbot (H), Beith (H), Blantyre Vics (H), Cumnock (H), Glenafton Athletic (H) Pollok (H).

Glenafton Athletic    43pts
V Auchinleck (H), Beith (H), Blantyre Vics (H), Irvine Meadow (H), Cumbernauld United (A), Largs Thistle (A)

Largs Thistle   46pts
V Clydebank (H), Glenafton Athletic (H), Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (A)

Rutherglen Glencairn    49pts
V Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (H), Pollok (A)

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy   49pts
V Hurlford United (H), Largs Thistle (H), Auchinleck (A), Rutherglen Glencairn (A)

Beith    51pts
V Cumbernauld Athletic (A), Glenafton Athletic (A)

Benburb   52pts
V Season Finished on 52 pts

Would we agree that 53 pts is safety or is it ?

Already Relegated
Bonnyton, Blantyre Vics, Rossvale, Kilbirnie Ladeside

Out of the remaining places for teams who are relegated If its 2 teams then I think Rutherglen Glencairn and Cumbernauld United

If its 3 teams Ill add Largs Thistle