Dundee United v Celtic

Flybhoy

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Celtic will get Hearts n Hibs will get L'equipe Nouveau in the draw - to appease Premier Sports after last year's letdown where they were in tears that Fran & Anna were nowhere to be seen near either finals.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

18 minutes ago, Fusbal1 said:

Celtic should have been down to ten men in thefirst half, exact same tackle from the Motherwell game at the weekend that seen them go down to ten men after two mins 

If the referee missed a decision like that involving a celtic player then celtic (Corinthian spirit) would have voluntarily removed the player without putting on a substitute. 

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

If the referee missed a decision like that involving a celtic player then celtic (Corinthian spirit) would have voluntarily removed the player without putting on a substitute. 

We did bring on Mikey Johnston to be fair.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Oh dear how sad, never mind. All the money pumped into this 'project' thought we put up a better fight against the other arse cheek, than this pantomime.

Thank you.

Aye, but don't you also think McGhee's doing a good job? You're quite clearly mad.

Anyway, fairly dire night for us. Never once threatened the Celtic goal, despite the fact their defence seemed to be aching to flog a cheap goal. Instead we conceded three goals that are shockers at the best of times, but when you're as hopeless as us going forward it's effectively self-sabotage.

We're so bad in attack that I can't even get that worked up about the blatant red card Beaton shat out of giving. I really doubt we'd have laid a glove on Celtic even if they had gone down to ten men, and that is truly fucking demoralising.

I've finally made my mind up about Niskanen; he's not inconsistent, he's shite. Unfortunately, he's the only real source of pace in the team, particularly with Pawlett now out for the rest of the season.

McNulty is also shite, although there's not really any dissenting voices on that by this point. Freeman wasn't at his best tonight, but he shouldn't have been taken off when he was. Especially not for Spörle who looked like he'd only just had the rules of football quickly explained to him before he came on.

Levitt's MotM award was baffling. Both Butcher and McDonald were our only two reasonable options for it.

Ultimately, I chose to pay £27 to watch that, fully aware that nothing but disappointment was in store and I have to live with that.

Edited by captainkev

Just home from that, Celtic obviously deserved to go through, our best performer was Butcher in my view, the two young lads who came on looked like they knew we have to go forward to score in a football match as well, apart from that only Graham caught the eye for me. Not much to say apart from that about the game.

Off the pitch I note Celtic still bow to the demands of their Green Brigade, allocating them a section of the ground where they can sit together annoying the crowd with the fucking drum, sectarian songs and big shell holed flags. Yet where I sat the police and stewards rudely arrived mob handed to throw someone out, realised their mistake, left the bloke alone and vanished sharply. 

The match wasn't an experience which makes me want to attend football in Scotland.

8 hours ago, captainkev said:

Aye, but don't you also think McGhee's doing a good job? You're quite clearly mad.

Anyway, fairly dire night for us. Never once threatened the Celtic goal, despite the fact their defence seemed to be aching to flog a cheap goal. Instead we conceded three goals that are shockers at the best of times, but when you're as hopeless as us going forward it's effectively self-sabotage.

We're so bad in attack that I can't even get that worked up about the blatant red card Beaton shat out of giving. I really doubt we'd have laid a glove on Celtic even if they had gone down to ten men, and that is truly fucking demoralising.

I've finally made my mind up about Niskanen; he's not inconsistent, he's shite. Unfortunately, he's the only real source of pace in the team, particularly with Pawlett now out for the rest of the season.

McNulty is also shite, although there's not really any dissenting voices on that by this point. Freeman wasn't at his best tonight, but he shouldn't have been taken off when he was. Especially not for Spörle who looked like he'd only just had the rules of football quickly explained to him before he came on.

Levitt's MotM award was baffling. Both Butcher and McDonald were our only two reasonable options for it.

Ultimately, I chose to pay £27 to watch that, fully aware that nothing but disappointment was in store and I have to live with that.

You’re talking nonsense about Niskanen, he’s not a wing back.  He’s managed to do reasonably well in that role against other teams but was always going to struggle against Celtic.  Butcher was our best player by a mile last night.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You don’t find fans of your club singing “Ooh, ah, up the ‘ra” to be embarrassing?  Fair enough.

Well no I just said I found a sectarian song  more embarrassing than that which is surely understandable. If there mentioned in songs (ie: boys of the old brigade) I’m generally not arsed but just random shitey chants or to other songs like beautiful Sunday is embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re talking nonsense about Niskanen, he’s not a wing back.  He’s managed to do reasonably well in that role against other teams but was always going to struggle against Celtic.  Butcher was our best player by a mile last night.

I don't think he's a wing back either and I can't fault his work rate, but it was his play around the Celtic box in the 2nd half that really infuriated me. Like I said I don't think Celtic's defence looked overly confident, yet Niskanen still managed to look inept against them on several occasions. I feel like I've seen that type of performance from him far too often. Moments of inspired play like the setting up of Watt's goal against Motherwell have been exceptions rather than the rule.

But he has to keep playing at this point because our squad is otherwise devoid of any real speed. We really need significant additions and replacement to our attacking options in the summer.

I'm guessing this is what Gannonballs was calling out last night.

I heard the old line ‘soon there’ll be no Protestants at all ‘ sung by a small section of Celtic support last night. they need to knock that right on the head. One thing which always marked the club out was it’s openness to all and a significant number of non catholic supporters

Share this Tweet

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing this is what Gannonballs was calling out last night.

I heard the old line ‘soon there’ll be no Protestants at all ‘ sung by a small section of Celtic support last night. they need to knock that right on the head. One thing which always marked the club out was it’s openness to all and a significant number of non catholic supporters

Share this Tweet

Gotta wonder how the club captain feels when hearing that shit. 

14 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Celtic fans singing Beautiful Sunday with IRA lyrics is an absolute fucking minter.

Grown men.

Debatable looking at the wee fuds that defend it on twitter.

Most of their parents were likely still in school when the Good Friday Agreement was signed so haven't a fucking clue what they are singing about. They seem to think because Celtic has Irish roots that somehow means you have to be an Irish Republican or you aren't a fan. Fucking idiots 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Most of their parents were likely still in school when the Good Friday Agreement was signed so haven't a fucking clue what they are signing about. They seem to think because Celtic has Irish roots that somehow means you have to be an Irish Republican or you aren't a fan. Fucking idiots 

But at least they are reaching out to the deaf community...

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Most of their parents were likely still in school when the Good Friday Agreement was signed so haven't a fucking clue what they are singing about. They seem to think because Celtic has Irish roots that somehow means you have to be an Irish Republican or you aren't a fan. Fucking idiots 

I could see many fully fledged human beings belting it out last night from my view in the Shed but I take your point.