Dundee United v Celtic

Flybhoy

Monday night tie 🤨

In keeping with a long held tradition of Scottish Cup ties between the sides United to be leading 1-0 only for Celtic to score two late goals to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat like years gone by. 

Harkes for the home side and Rogic and Abada for Celtic. 

47 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I couldn't be more excited for this game. The scheduling, pricing and opposition will make this an unforgettable occasion.

Aye, pain in the arse that we have to dance to the tune of Premier Sports and their star acts, all the while paying an entrance price determined by the wealthy opposition with their fat cat fan base.

EDIT: I see Celtic fans are already moaning about the appointment of Beaton as referee, that'll be the Beaton who has a propensity for penalty awards against United. The official SFA site doesn't have the referees up yet, as an aside.

https://videocelts.com/2022/03/blogs/latest-news/third-time-in-six-weeks-sfa-appoint-very-familiar-face-to-referee-dundee-united-v-celtic/ 

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

Not remotely optimistic about this game. However, I'll be going simply because I've seen Celtic dump us out of the cup too many times over the years, and I'll be buggered if I risk missing the one time we fluke our way to putting them out.

Prediction: 4-0 Celtic, including at least one extremely dodgy penalty award to Celtic that'll have Sevconians absolutely seething, regardless of how many they beat Dundee by.

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Oh great we’re greeting about the referees already.

Aye, told you Celtic fans were a few days ago.

On 08/03/2022 at 13:44, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, pain in the arse that we have to dance to the tune of Premier Sports and their star acts, all the while paying an entrance price determined by the wealthy opposition with their fat cat fan base.

EDIT: I see Celtic fans are already moaning about the appointment of Beaton as referee, that'll be the Beaton who has a propensity for penalty awards against United. The official SFA site doesn't have the referees up yet, as an aside.

https://videocelts.com/2022/03/blogs/latest-news/third-time-in-six-weeks-sfa-appoint-very-familiar-face-to-referee-dundee-united-v-celtic/ 

Our record is dire in this fixture. Not won through since 1981 and only one other victory, in 1949.

At least there's no prospect of a pointless replay in Glasgow, should we raise our game sufficiently to get a draw in 90 mins.

I'll be there though. Hopefully the c**t with the annoying drum won't be.