Falkirk v Diamonds

Falkirk are a team that worry me purely because, at any point, they could put in a half decent performance and airdrie can’t really afford to drop any points this weekend. That is based on the assumption that cove will win. 7 or 8 points would absolutely be too much to claw back. If we can keep it at 5 then we have a chance with their run of away games.

This aged well

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If we can get rid of him from his contract cheaply I’d let him go tonight. He’s useless.

Just relieve him of first team duties and give him other jobs to do around the stadium. Ball boy perhaps.

Give his job to a ball boy. 

I normally worry a bit when playing Falkirk, as I always think surely they can't get any worse from this and they have to get things right eventually. However, while I was a bit apprehensive about the Alloa game last week I was pretty relaxed before today's game. Falkirk certainly haven't improved since Rennie came in and they've been an absolute gang here. When Rennie spent the first two minutes of his interview after our game in January having a rant about referee's, despite only being three or four games in, was a sign that he was never going to work out. The defending for pretty much every goal has been a good laugh, good to see Leon McCann at fault for the second but collectively they've been so weak. Falkirk's midfield has been non-existent too, I don't even think Nesbitt or Telfer are bad players but Easton and Frizzell are levels above them. I noticed the Falkirk TV commentator said that Falkirk tried to sign Easton last summer and blamed him coming to Airdrie on the full-time/part-time difference. Easton is full-time with us, looks like he made the right choice! Even then, if he had went to Falkirk I don't think he would have had anywhere near as good a season, Falkirk seems to be where careers go to die. 

Airdrie played well and are clearly a much better team than Falkirk. I don't think Airdrie were at their best today but we didn't have to be, we were helped by Falkirk's (lack of) defence for the goals but we took them well. Another win keeps the pressure on Cove ahead of a run of games which will probably decide where the title ends up. We even got a Murray triple sub to round things off!