Falkirk v Diamonds

Interesting listening to Rennie and Murray interviews. Rennie saying the first half was 50/50 and there wasn't anything in it. Murray saying it should have been 3 or 4 to us at half time and that he was surprised Falkirk didn't change anything at half-time. The fact they didn't change it and proceeded to lose 4-1 shows who was right.

It shows the importance of a manager being able to objectively view a game and react accordingly. Fans often talk of a manager's inability to change a game, but what's worse is not even knowing that they need to change it to begin with.

11 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

The interview with Rennie is mental. I know the interviewer can’t exactly go out and slate the manager but it sounds like if he could get Rennie’s walloper out his trousers for him he would. 

"3 inches today Martin, talk us through it"

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Agreed. As you say, there's times where he can be frustrating when he's constantly caught offside or missing the odd great chance and while he does put in a good shift, I think at times it can come across as if he's not working hard enough, even though that's not the case. Every summer people want us to sign a mythical striker who will come in and score 20+ goals and while Cove have two of them, most other teams don't have anyone like that available, even in the Championship there aren't too many players like that. Other than Cove, Gallagher would start for every team in this league and probably be their best striker. He's not a particularly flashy player, most of his goals are tap-ins and he doesn't have many outstanding physical attributes, but knowing where to be when the ball comes into the box is a great and probably underrated skill to have. He's not the quickest, strongest or best technical striker but for an all round number 9 there's not many better proven options at this level. Murray obviously has a lot of trust in him given he brought him to the club after working with him previously, making him vice-captain this season and while there's times when he drops out the team for a few games, he always ends up working his way back in by scoring some vital goals. 

When putting a squad together at the start of the season it's a great starting point knowing that, at worst, you'll have a striker who'll comfortably get double figures. You then have to try and add more quality and goals round about him which we've managed to do this season. It also gives you a bit of freedom taking a risk on another striker (as we did with G McGill and Salim) knowing that even if they turned out to be hopeless you aren't left with nothing.

As you say, Cove are the exception and we cannot afford strikers like they've got. Of the market we are shopping in I don't really see what more people are expecting. Strikers who score 15+ goals a season, are quick, have good link play etc do not sign for Airdrie in League 1.

18 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

The interview with Rennie is mental. I know the interviewer can’t exactly go out and slate the manager but it sounds like if he could get Rennie’s walloper out his trousers for him he would. 

I appreciate the purposes of in-house, club media and being critical of the club isn't one of them, but having had our eyes opened to many different clubs formats over the last couple of years with streaming etc, FTV is pretty high up the propaganda spectrum. Frequent delusional content.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Airdrie were good today and surely will fancy themselves to go up via the playoffs assuming Cove manage to get over the line as I expect them to.

I don’t think I have the words to describe that performance from Falkirk today. 

Edited by Hughsie

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

He gets it for his 2 goals but it could easily be McCabe or Agnew. Both were superb today. Agnew adds so much without ever being fancy so almost goes unnoticed. But his role is pivotal at times. He allows others round about him to play and go forward. McCabe reads the game better than anyone on the pitch. Just superb and his passing and vision is excellent. 

In this game of opinions I'd throw Adam Frizzell into the mix. I thought his workrate as ever was outstanding, he was so over the pitch. Always making himself available for the ball from teammates, not frightened to take opposition players on and able to pick out telling passes. This plus the fact that he's doing this consistently now too.

44 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He’s the worst poster on the entire website. Genuinely seems unhinged.

Yep. It's a shame being a rape apologist is OK on here as far as the mods are concerned but red dots shouldn't be it.

We should all be interrogating why these people are so keen to defend rapists (or misogyny or homophobia). Apologies to derail a match thread. Why is it so important to Raith Raver that rapists are given an easy ride?

10 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Never apologise to woke fake moralists.

The VL energy off you is astoundingly strong. Like incel on steroids territory. Unfortunately you're about as edgy as a circle when it comes down to it.

The behind the goals angle doesn’t really do much for Robbie Mutch, who looks miles away from every goal. My highlight is the third goal, Airdrie fans singing “Airdrie take the piss” just as Gallagher makes a great run across Brad McKay, who half-heartedly tried to get there, and heads it past Mutch at his near post. That goal is a great example of one of Gallagher’s main strengths actually, timing his run across a defender perfectly to get into the right place for the cross. Very similar to his last minute winner at Falkirk in the 2-1 game there a few years ago.

The full airdrie stand singing Leon what’s the score was a personal highlight of mine, I send him and Falkirk football club absolutely no regards

In a way, I don’t blame him for moving to falkirk. They are a bigger club and offering more money. However, there is also a part of me that gets frustrated with players like him (assuming they are led by their agent). He was doing really well with Airdrie and if he had another successful season then he could have possibly got a gig in the championship with a team who are not an absolute shambles.

17 minutes ago, Aufc said:

In a way, I don’t blame him for moving to falkirk. They are a bigger club and offering more money. However, there is also a part of me that gets frustrated with players like him (assuming they are led by their agent). He was doing really well with Airdrie and if he had another successful season then he could have possibly got a gig in the championship with a team who are not an absolute shambles.

Yeah football is a short career and I don’t blame him at all for going for presumably better wages and also a three-year deal, not many clubs will offer you that security in the Scottish lower leagues. I was always expecting him to leave last summer anyway, so it’s hard to be too annoyed about it. However, watching him struggle in a much worse team while Airdrie have improved without him is a good laugh, especially when we’ve spent half the season playing a midfielder at left back.

Yeah football is a short career and I don’t blame him at all for going for presumably better wages and also a three-year deal, not many clubs will offer you that security in the Scottish lower leagues. I was always expecting him to leave last summer anyway, so it’s hard to be too annoyed about it. However, watching him struggle in a much worse team while Airdrie have improved without him is a good laugh, especially when we’ve spent half the season playing a midfielder at left back.

Nah don’t blame him for moving at all, but you’ve absolutely got to laugh when there sitting 20 points behind us. The grass isn’t always greener!