Falkirk v Diamonds

8 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

If Miller starts, away win.

I thought there could only be one Paul Paton, but Miller’s shown me how wrong I was.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not so sure he is “fish out of water” in midfield. He has played in midfield to in the past I believe. 

Yeah, but that was for his High School. 😂

I would imagine at his age, if he played there before, then he wasn’t particularly great, and converted/returned to centre back.

The lack of “this is a must win” or we are in “the last chance saloon” comments at this point of the season pretty much sums up where we are now. Top four is gone, relegation won’t happen, and we now occupy the L1 Twilight Zone.

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Who would you play instead? Jacobs hasn't impressed me so far and I never want to see Miller or Hetherington in a Falkirk Jersey again 

That midfield would get trampled over more than we already do.

On 10/03/2022 at 06:20, Kenny_m said:

It's quite astonishing that some Falkirk fans don't think Griffiths merits a start. Less than year ago there were a lot clamouring for him to be included in the Scotland euro squad and it was widely accepted that he was the best finisher we had, me included! Of course his fitness has been questioned for quite a while now and he may well score a worldie on Saturday but what a waste!

Griffiths had two comedy falls last week, he clearly isn't match fit or something more deeper but he can take a decent corner😋 its bewildering how he got starts at Dundee.

A defeat today for us would put this season to bed for us, even for Charlie Telfer.

I await the 2pm starting 11 experimental starting 11 MK3/4/5

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Who would you play instead? Jacobs hasn't impressed me so far and I never want to see Miller or Hetherington in a Falkirk Jersey again 

I'd be looking for -2  and -3 Airdrie win single bet for that midfield and that Griffiths role.

Nesbitt hasn't kicked a ball in 2022

Edited by MrDust

Falkirk are a team that worry me purely because, at any point, they could put in a half decent performance and airdrie can’t really afford to drop any points this weekend. That is based on the assumption that cove will win. 7 or 8 points would absolutely be too much to claw back. If we can keep it at 5 then we have a chance with their run of away games.

28 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Falkirk are a team that worry me purely because, at any point, they could put in a half decent performance and airdrie can’t really afford to drop any points this weekend. That is based on the assumption that cove will win. 7 or 8 points would absolutely be too much to claw back. If we can keep it at 5 then we have a chance with their run of away games.

We’re basically the exact opposite of this. A team that you know exactly what performance you’re going to get. Typically beating teams below us, horsed by teams above us. Has been this way for 3 years. 

We were a wee bit unlucky in the last game up there. Created lots of chances and from memory missed 2/3 real sitters. 
Can’t see is getting any more than a draw though 

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Dropping our best striker last week seems strange, hopefully it's because of a niggle of an injury

Not dropped, unavailable presumably injured.

Actually thought that last week was his poorest game since returning.

Interesting selection, wonder if Mills is going into midfield.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

4 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Why is Dowds unavailable? Will be a huge miss! McKay starts so we're a goal down already, no Miller is a bonus but I still can't see us creating much with that team, especially without Dowds hold up and link play.

FB_IMG_1647093794455.jpg

Must be injured. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Dropping our best striker last week seems strange, hopefully it's because of a niggle of an injury

Not on the bench so has to be an injury 

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not dropped, unavailable presumably injured.

Actually thought that last week was his poorest game since returning.

Interesting selection, wonder if Mills is going into midfield.

Really ? You didn't see him both East Fife games

He worked the Clyde defence last week whilst his partner took corners.

I can't see Kabia and Griffiths working tbh

Just looking at that bench. Other than Morrison and Jacobs, it’s about as brutal as it’s possible to get.

Someone if getting their dream midfield of McGuffie Telfer and Nesbitt. Of course. It offers up a 4-4-2 if Mills moves into midfield, or more of the same if he sticks with his 3-5-2 or 5-3-2.

Either way, it’s the same thing………..no midfield worthy of the name. Hard to see anything other than a predictable defeat, and MRs stats just trundling along as per Sheerin.