Falkirk v Diamonds

On 08/03/2022 at 10:42, ShaggerG said:

Aye. It looks like Morrison may be available so I'd be inclined to keep the same team but with Morrison in for Millar and Jaze for Griffiths. Play Jacobs in front of the defence, (hoping that he's managed to find his Livi form and has got himself properly match fit in the space of a week) and play Telfer behind the strikers in a diamond with Morrison and McGuffie wide.

Rennie won't do this as he'd be worried that we'd get completely overrun in midfield (which we would) but TBH, that's likely to happen anyway so we'd be as well having a go at it.

It's quite astonishing that some Falkirk fans don't think Griffiths merits a start. Less than year ago there were a lot clamouring for him to be included in the Scotland euro squad and it was widely accepted that he was the best finisher we had, me included! Of course his fitness has been questioned for quite a while now and he may well score a worldie on Saturday but what a waste!

I would start Griffiths and literally fucking anyone over Gary Miller

Mutch

Williamson Mills Watson McCann

Nesbitt Telfer McGuffie 

Griffiths

Dowds Kabia

Hopefully Morrison is fit enough for the bench

Over the last 5 full seasons an average of 52 points is required for 4th place. That means we need to win 5 of our last 8 games and 3 points on Saturday would be an excellent start 

Polished Turds v Rough Diamonds would've been a more suitable thread title imo

Away win with something to spare. If Rennie & FFC have any designs of maintaining the current setup for next season, they should spend most of the afternoon taking notes on how the opposition goes about their business.

Play as a unit & play without fear. Simple stuff.

18 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As per usual, our invisible midfield plus one wing back posted missing will ensure we get little or nothing from this game. We have had two blips under Rennie….the 6-2 v Dumbarton and the 0-3 against Alloa.

Everything else has been turgid.
Concede first, and we are goners. Airdrie are above us in the league, which probably means we cannot win.

The first half against Alloa was howling aswell, we could and probably should have been behind in that game had it not been for luck, poor finishing and/or  Conor Sammon. 

12 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

It's quite astonishing that some Falkirk fans don't think Griffiths merits a start. Less than year ago there were a lot clamouring for him to be included in the Scotland euro squad and it was widely accepted that he was the best finisher we had, me included! Of course his fitness has been questioned for quite a while now and he may well score a worldie on Saturday but what a waste!

I'd have Griffiths, Dowds and Kabia starting every week. But they aren't going to score goals when we have a nothing midfield to supply them. 

There are so many thing at FFC that are broken. On the playing front, my biggest fear is that Rennie has been unable to get anything out of the existing squad plus six new additions and Dowds.

Given that his six new additions plus Dowds plus the better elements of the current squad will be gone in June, what can Rennie then do with the remnants of the squad (and remember, it’s virtually all of the dross that cannot currently get a game that will be here next season) plus the three or four that he can bring in?
To see improvement this season, you would have to buy into Rennie having arrested the decline that was taking us to L2. Basically merely shadowing Sheerin’s results is a major leap of faith to be seen as improvement.

Some pretty big decisions to be made between now and May. The realist in me sees L1 as our home until 2024 at least.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

This game gives me the fear. "Airdrie to win with something to spare" this rarely manifests itself! Surely the Bairns can't continually serving up dog muck performances.

Will take any type of win at all and keep hoping the Cove steamroller runs out of water to boil.

Think any losses from us at this stage will end any slim chance of catching them.

1 hour ago, Xanadu2112 said:

This game gives me the fear. "Airdrie to win with something to spare" this rarely manifests itself! Surely the Bairns can't continually serving up dog muck performances.

Will take any type of win at all and keep hoping the Cove steamroller runs out of water to boil.

Think any losses from us at this stage will end any slim chance of catching them.

We had a good first half against Clyde last week and even when we were back to being shit in the second half we created plenty of chances.

That was against dross opposition though.

Our midfield is just too weak to compete against strong opponents.

Good win away from home last week. Will need to do the same this weekend. As already said, we really can't afford any slip-ups now during the run-in. You do get the fear that Falkirk will get their act together at some stage but we should be going into this game confident of the three points and, if we play at our best at the back and going forward, we will win. At the end of the day, if we want to get promoted, we need to be beating the likes of Falkirk, Peterhead and East Fife as a given. 

Airdrie 2-1 Falkirk. Griffiths to score his second of 2 Falkirk career goals and Leon McCann to play with his shorts metaphorically pulled down again. 

Rather enjoyed my time at the Falkirk stadium last time around. If we can replicate anything close to that demolition then I’ll be satisfied.

I thought that we’d fallen away in terms of quality of football over the last few weeks but we played some exceptional stuff against Alloa last week so maybe we’re back on form. 

I can’t really tell what the result will be as we all know Falkirk can turn up if they want to but surely Airdrie have the quality and organisation to give them a tanking tomorrow. 

Here’s hoping 🤞🏼 

MR cannot afford any sort of “tanking”. Doubtless we are going to see either a formation tweak, or someone playing the “fish out of water” role. BPMs “Mills in midfield” might be that very thing. Who knows.

Its Friday, so the fresh water spring of hope is gurgling again. Doubtless it’ll have a big bag of salt poured all over it tomorrow. Then repeat.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

MR cannot afford any sort of “tanking”. Doubtless we are going to see either a formation tweak, or someone playing the “fish out of water” role. BPMs “Mills in midfield” might be that very thing. Who knows.

Its Friday, so the fresh water spring of hope is gurgling again. Doubtless it’ll have a big bag of salt poured all over it tomorrow. Then repeat.

Which then gives us the ATS, Dixon or McKay tombola. I would personally go for Dixon in the hope that his last few appearances have been some sort of aberration!

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Which then gives us the ATS, Dixon or McKay tombola. I would personally go for Dixon in the hope that his last few appearances have been some sort of aberration!

Or his next few appearances are his farewell tour.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Dixon appears to be finished, McKay probably the least dreadful option.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Or his next few appearances are his farewell tour.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dixon’s already fixed up for next year elsewhere.

His demeanour has been appalling.

Quite looking forward to tomorrow with, hopefully Morrison and Kabia back as Airdrie are a good team and should bring a decent following. No point in us doing anything other than going for it.

5 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Rather enjoyed my time at the Falkirk stadium last time around. If we can replicate anything close to that demolition then I’ll be satisfied.

I thought that we’d fallen away in terms of quality of football over the last few weeks but we played some exceptional stuff against Alloa last week so maybe we’re back on form. 

I can’t really tell what the result will be as we all know Falkirk can turn up if they want to but surely Airdrie have the quality and organisation to give them a tanking tomorrow. 

Here’s hoping 🤞🏼 

Falkirk haven't turned up for the best part of three years. No, four years. No, 5... Anyway, we certainly won't turn up tomorrow.  

You really could pick guys out the crowd who would be better options than Gary effing Miller or Bradley 'Diver's Boots' McKay. 

Airdrie by a couple. 

Every time McKay is mentioned, my mind conjurs up a billboard with “ Brad McKay Two and a half more years” and another with Gary Holt saying “The only way to get someone of Brad McKay’s calibre was by offering him a 3 year deal.”

Miller in the starting line up. A sure fire defeat featuring two laugh out loud goals.

McKay in the starting line up. Probably a defeat, but a 5% chance of a draw.

McKay and Miller in the starting line up. Beyond parody.

On 10/03/2022 at 15:14, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would start Griffiths and literally fucking anyone over Gary Miller

Mutch

Williamson Mills Watson McCann

Nesbitt Telfer McGuffie 

Griffiths

Dowds Kabia

Hopefully Morrison is fit enough for the bench

Over the last 5 full seasons an average of 52 points is required for 4th place. That means we need to win 5 of our last 8 games and 3 points on Saturday would be an excellent start 

That midfield!! Have you not learned anything of where our problems lie? 

Edited by Back Post Misses

18 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not so sure he is “fish out of water” in midfield. He has played in midfield to in the past I believe.