Falkirk v Diamonds

Was in Falkirk today for a successful car service and hope our visit on Saturday will be a celebration. Have gone for a narrow one goal win but it's once more a tough one to call. There were times in the Alloa game where we might have conceded after scoring first. Is it online tickets or PATG?

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd be very surprised if Falkirk win this.

Our midfield is too weak.

I think we may well score but Airdrie will score more.

Aye. It looks like Morrison may be available so I'd be inclined to keep the same team but with Morrison in for Millar and Jaze for Griffiths. Play Jacobs in front of the defence, (hoping that he's managed to find his Livi form and has got himself properly match fit in the space of a week) and play Telfer behind the strikers in a diamond with Morrison and McGuffie wide.

Rennie won't do this as he'd be worried that we'd get completely overrun in midfield (which we would) but TBH, that's likely to happen anyway so we'd be as well having a go at it.

Funnily enough, away to Falkirk is one of the games I dread the most in terms of slipping up. Don't know why, but I just always feel they've a big performance in them If their team could be arsed enough to try a leg. 

Hope I am wrong though. Would be great to get to the next run of games after this and still be at only 5 points off Cove at most. They have a tricky run coming up. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Funnily enough, away to Falkirk is one of the games I dread the most in terms of slipping up. Don't know why, but I just always feel they've a big performance in them If their team could be arsed enough to try a leg. 
Hope I am wrong though. Would be great to get to the next run of games after this and still be at only 5 points off Cove at most. They have a tricky run coming up. 

You’re wrong. We can’t beat anyone who are higher in the league or slightly better than us. And Airdrie are much better than us. If you don’t turn up you’ll get a draw. If you turn up you’ll win.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Not bothered to look it up, but I think your lot have won or drawn every game at falkirk stadium since we’ve been down? “Dreading” that game is a luxury! 

I can’t believe I did this. After the 3-0 defeat I backed Airdrie each way first 3 at 20/1 ( Betfair ) to win the league. It was a knock bet, at that time they looked the best team in the league and I couldn’t see them outside thefirst 3 If they go on to win the league I’ve covered a good holiday as it is it will cover my golf membership for next year. 

There lyes the problem. Do I want Airdrie to win to keep this bet alive and put the last nail in the Falkirk Play Off coffin, or Falkirk to win and cling to the life support machine. 

I’ll go 3-2 Airdrie.

Edited by NUMBER 7

A Falkirk fan (maybe [mention=2605]roman_bairn[/mention] ?) said on the last game thread it'll be 3-2 but they weren't sure which way. I suspect that may apply again.

Yep, that was me.
I’ve gone for 2-1 Bairns this time but then, I’m a rare optimist on the Falkirk thread nowadays….

11 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Not bothered to look it up, but I think your lot have won or drawn every game at falkirk stadium since we’ve been down? “Dreading” that game is a luxury! 

Yeah we've won 3/3 at Falkirk since you's have came down.

2-1 in the 19/20 season

1-0 in the 20/21

3-0 this season (21/22)

As per usual, our invisible midfield plus one wing back posted missing will ensure we get little or nothing from this game. We have had two blips under Rennie….the 6-2 v Dumbarton and the 0-3 against Alloa.

Everything else has been turgid.
Concede first, and we are goners. Airdrie are above us in the league, which probably means we cannot win.