ICT vs Arbroath

Needed a kick up the arse after weeks of mediocre performances and hopefully this result will be the wakeup call we've needed. Have barely scored from open play for ages so a different approach needs to be looked at, route 1 hoofball isn't the answer.

I also think having the pressure off a little isn't necessarily a bad thing, have been looking over our shoulder since mid December and hopefully all the media hype will calm down a bit.

Well done Morton, did us a big favour there.

Disappointing - but following a run of average performances I think most of us knew a defeat could be coming - we have still only lost 4 games all season, the best record in the league.

We have also not recovered from losing Nouble and Dowds - only good thing about today was the appearance of Nicky Low.

Can we win the league ? Yes, we have a chance, but need to be creating a lot more goal opportunities inside the 18 yard box.

Defence has been outstanding all season, so would be unfair to criticise today's errors.

Still very much in contention for winning the league - but will need to rediscover out mojo from earlier this season and better service is required upfront.

A scrappy game with lots of head tennis plus a lot of niggling fouls from both sides,  Arbroath's posted their intention when they came back on the park for the second about four minutes early and then they went all out in the second but didn't manage to convert,  glad we got a win at last and the players seeing a win bonus for a change.

WTF with Dickie, was he mouthing off at the ref and linesman?

8 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

The fact that we never looked like scoring was only made worse by the picture freezing every 20-30 seconds. Don't know if I was the only one with this problem. switched off with around 20 mins to go.

Stream was absolutely fine for me.

38 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'd be fucking raging if I was an Arbroath fan listening to Rab Douglas go on about "our season was about staying up, anything else is a bonus" on the radio.

Our season was all about staying up, and anything else is a bonus. That statement is 100% correct.

I have absolutely no idea why an Arbroath fan would be 'fucking raging' at one of our members of staff re-iterating our pre season aim, which clearly shows how superb a season we're having? :blink:

Do you think we'd be happier with Rab coming out and digging at the players who have been absolutely outstanding and achieved the best finish for a part time team in 30 odd years, due to one bad performance?! :blink:

17 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Our season was all about staying up, and anything else is a bonus. That statement is 100% correct.

I have absolutely no idea why an Arbroath fan would be 'fucking raging' at one of our members of staff re-iterating our pre season aim, which clearly shows how superb a season we're having? :blink:

Do you think we'd be happier with Rab coming out and digging at the players who have been absolutely outstanding and achieved the best finish for a part time team in 30 odd years, due to one bad performance?! :blink:

There wasn't anything in that interview that would suggest Arbroath were in a title race, which they absolutely are.  Just seemed to be a case of "oh well, we were never going to win the league anyway" after finally surrendering the lead at the top. Especially one week after Dick Campbell said they were "going for the championship"  

Maybe I'm being harsh, but it's the type of thing Mcglynn was saying 11 years ago during our title run in and it did my nut in.  

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

There wasn't anything in that interview that would suggest Arbroath were in a title race, which they absolutely are.  Just seemed to be a case of "oh well, we were never going to win the league anyway" after finally surrendering the lead at the top. Especially one week after Dick Campbell said they were "going for the championship"  

Maybe I'm being harsh, but it's the type of thing Mcglynn was saying 11 years ago during our title run in and it did my nut in.  

You finished 10 points behind Dunfermline that season - and it did your nut in that your manager didn't set you up for a huge fall in losing the title to your biggest rivals, but instead played things down in February/ March and more focusing on the positives and achievement of being in that position?

If 2 months before the end of the season you're talking about winning titles etc. you better be pretty damn certain that's whats going to happen, or you end up looking like a tit..... especially if you end up finishing 10 points off the top ;) 

Is that season not Raith's best season in the league in 25 odd years? This is our best season in 40 odd years..... I'm not going to spend a second of it raging at any of our players or staff - it's fucking outstanding. :) I'd much prefer to focus on the positives/achievements and enjoy them rather than always looking at what could/ might be and setting ourselves up or disappointment.

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

You finished 10 points behind Dunfermline that season - and it did your nut in that your manager didn't set you up for a huge fall in losing the title to your biggest rivals, but instead played things down in February/ March and more focusing on the positives and achievement of being in that position?

If 2 months before the end of the season you're talking about winning titles etc. you better be pretty damn certain that's whats going to happen, or you end up looking like a tit..... especially if you end up finishing 10 points off the top ;) 

Is that season not Raith's best season in the league in 25 odd years? This is our best season in 40 odd years..... I'm not going to spend a second of it raging at any of our players or staff - it's fucking outstanding. :) I'd much prefer to focus on the positives/achievements and enjoy them rather than always looking at what could/ might be and setting ourselves up or disappointment.

To be fair, we were in the lead for a large chunk of the season and started to lose it going into April.  Its a season that will always be "what if", and it didn't sit right with me when it was being downplayed - especially at times when we were clear with games in hand.

I'm not suggesting that Rab Douglas went through the players or anything like that, but there's nothing wrong with recognising the fact that you are in a title race and you want to win the league and putting emphasis on that.  It won't downplay any of Arbroaths achievements.  Regardless of what happens this will have been a great season, but there is an opportunity that might never ever come round again.

Wherever we finish we will at least still be in the championship. If we gain promotion, you beauty. If we win the league, no words. Look at the premonitions at the start of the season. The money we get from our place in the league will pay for next season. What’s not to be happy about?

32 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Wherever we finish we will at least still be in the championship. If we gain promotion, you beauty. If we win the league, no words. Look at the premonitions at the start of the season. The money we get from our place in the league will pay for next season. What’s not to be happy about?

In the absence of the Nairn Games fortune teller, I can't recall too many premonitions but would it really be a push to have predictions that would have Arbroath five places to the good as compared to last season?

Bad day at the office but like had been said already a defeat had been coming but still well in the mix. 

This season had been a success regardless of what happens from now to the end of the season we're still in a unbelievable position.