ICT vs Arbroath

No midweek game will hopefully allow us to refresh our legs, can see Wighton coming in for Linn here with a bit of reshuffling on the park, although I’m not entirely sure what. 8 cup finals ahead of us, let’s get the first one out the way [emoji1145]

I think DC will make 2 changes if JT is fit he will start at right back and Wighton will come back in to play up front with Big Hammy, basing the team on this if Nicky Low is still not fit. 

The 2 players that go out of the starting line up will be Bobby (a good sub to have after starting the last 2 games with mixed success) and probably the unfortunate Gold to allow McKenna back into his central midfield role......not saying i agree with this but that has been the way the Gaffer has been playing and getting results during a tough period, probably looking at players like Bobby/Goldie as players that can come on and try and sneak a goal if we are not winning.

In regards Wighton i like him as a player, agree he is not scoring the goals like the last time he was here but he is a very clever player (look at his wee lob to set up Colin Hammy for his goal v Thistle) plus his first touch and hold up play is good plus he is not scared to have a shot at goal, hopefully he gets his first league goal for us this season soon and he can be vital for us in the next 8 games. 

Should be a good Red Lichtie support going up and hopefully the lads get a victory.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0. 

30 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I think DC will make 2 changes if JT is fit he will start at right back and Wighton will come back in to play up front with Big Hammy, basing the team on this if Nicky Low is still not fit. 

The 2 players that go out of the starting line up will be Bobby (a good sub to have after starting the last 2 games with mixed success) and probably the unfortunate Gold to allow McKenna back into his central midfield role......not saying i agree with this but that has been the way the Gaffer has been playing and getting results during a tough period, probably looking at players like Bobby/Goldie as players that can come on and try and sneak a goal if we are not winning.

In regards Wighton i like him as a player, agree he is not scoring the goals like the last time he was here but he is a very clever player (look at his wee lob to set up Colin Hammy for his goal v Thistle) plus his first touch and hold up play is good plus he is not scared to have a shot at goal, hopefully he gets his first league goal for us this season soon and he can be vital for us in the next 8 games. 

Should be a good Red Lichtie support going up and hopefully the lads get a victory.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0. 

Aye need Wighton up there. Even at Morton it was all his lay offs and flicks that got us up into good positions final third in that decent first half we had. The wee lob ball for Hamilton against Partick was class. I’d just put him in for Bobby.

Move Gold out right and put McKenna centre mid. Scotty Stewart and Gold work well down the right cause Stewart can overlap and get forward and Gold is good at getting back to cover if needed and also clever enough to work Stewart into good positions down the right. Gold actually capable of taking on a full back too. 

Bobby is someone we just must play at some stage in games if we’re needing a goal. Yes not the best v Dunfermline but we never had the ball at all. He was Magic v Thistle. Great impact sub to have. 

God knows what team Dudds will put out but hopefully he will be gone and a caretaker will be in charge, otherwise the ground will be near empty with more away fans than home!

Fans have had just about enough now so they WILL make a statement to the board by not attending and hitting their coffers hard, if the idiot is still in charge.

I'd go with 

Ridgers (he's our number one so should only miss out when injured!)

Carson Devine Broadfoot Deas

Pearson Welsh McAlear Doran

Samuels and McKay

Subs: Mackay (GK), Harper, Hyde, Nicholson, Chalmers, Hardy and Sutherland. 

I expect a loss or if we're lucky a draw where 'the boys gave 100% and worked hard but were just a wee bit unlucky to have not scored first' 

For the 12th time. 

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

God knows what team Dudds will put out but hopefully he will be gone and a caretaker will be in charge, otherwise the ground will be near empty with more away fans than home!

Fans have had just about enough now so they WILL make a statement to the board by not attending and hitting their coffers hard, if the idiot is still in 

You should remove 'just about' from the second sentence.

Attendances have been dwindling and no wonder as it's a total shambles now.

After years since the club's inception I have never wavered over an ST purchase or buying ICT goods at the shop.

But now............................................................................................................................................................. 

I seem to be in the minority but I think Samuels has been poor since coming into the team. Chalmers hasn't offered much either. Hardy looked decent in spells on Friday and Pearson is probably the best of a bad bunch of January signings.

As has been advocated before perhaps we should try 3 at the back again? It's looked decent in some games for us although in others we have looked shaky. But with the personnel we have out I am not sure the 4411 that Dodds tends to favour is the approach to go for. 

What about...

Ridgers / Mackay
Devine Broadfoot Deas
Walsh Carson Welsh McAlear Pearson
Sutherland Mckay

Walsh is probably a wildcard shout given how much heat he seems to take from fans but I feel he has become something of a scapegoat for supporters. Has he really been that bad for us? He would give good defensive cover and can at least offer something going forward in the wide areas along with Pearson. The likes of Samuels, Chalmers and even Doran haven't offered to much from the wings.

Suitherland looks more effective from the bench so maybe Hardy could start a game after his decent second half showing on Friday. Carson looked a little like his old self again but I'd still like to see him back in the middle of the pitch. Welsh and McAlear pretty much pick themselves due to the injuries to Allardice and MacGregor. How we miss them...

10 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Fans have had just about enough now so they WILL make a statement to the board by not attending and hitting their coffers hard, if the idiot is still in charge.

Would the board even notice?

Jose-Mourinho-121121-Laughing-G-300.jpg

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You should remove 'just about' from the second sentence.

Attendances have been dwindling and no wonder as it's a total shambles now.

After years since the club's inception I have never wavered over an ST purchase or buying ICT goods at the shop.

But now............................................................................................................................................................. 

Really? Because you’re sitting 4th in the second tier with a good chance of making the playoffs? You might not be playing well at the moment but I think a bit of reflection and perspective is required. There’s 26 clubs in the league setup + dozens of others in the pyramid that would love to be in ICTs position.

For the first, almost 20 years of my time supporting Arbroath, I never saw us kick a ball in any league other than the bottom one. Stood on the terraces to watch us end up flat last on more than one occasion, be regularly humiliated in cups and, for the vast majority of that time, travelling from Aberdeen to do so.

As I said - perspective.

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really? Because you’re sitting 4th in the second tier with a good chance of making the playoffs? You might not be playing well at the moment but I think a bit of reflection and perspective is required. There’s 26 clubs in the league setup + dozens of others in the pyramid that would love to be in ICTs position.

For the first, almost 20 years of my time supporting Arbroath, I never saw us kick a ball in any league other than the bottom one. Stood on the terraces to watch us end up flat last on more than one occasion, be regularly humiliated in cups and, for the vast majority of that time, travelling from Aberdeen to do so.

As I said - perspective.

Obviously ourselves and ICT have different expectations but there is 5 other teams in this league plus Falkirk in the league below that would love to be in their position. On a bad run with some pretty uninspiring results but football goes in peaks and troughs and they’ll be back winning soon. Just the way it goes.

Even from an AFC perspective we have been a tough watch for about 6 weeks now. It’s a tough league and every little helps including a positive backing from a home crowd. Think that’s what has got us 4 points from the last 2 games tbh. 4 points that could’ve easily been zero

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

As I said - perspective.

Since our inception in 1994 we have achieved a lot over that short time and we have had our peaks and troughs, Foran, and yes our expectations are maybe higher than they should be, be that as it may, what for me is the worst is our standard of football, balls all over the place with passes to the opposition and a defence as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

For instance we bossed that second half against Partick and yet if we had played another 90 minutes we would never have scored and then they whistle a ball right through our defence, and that's how it's been game after game. Up until the Gardyne fiasco we had a game of sorts with a run of 1-0 wins now we have draws and defeats.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark as we have good players in our team yet they are not turning in performances, look if we lose games on a 3-4 basis we know that we turned in a good game hopefully and they have done their best but this situations is terrible to watch.

There was a time, pre Dodds and Co, when teams were wary of playing us in Inverness, now......................................................................................

Good Luck with Arbroath, exciting times for you and overall it is good for Scottish Football when teams like yersels are doing so well.

On 07/03/2022 at 15:12, SandyCromarty said:

Since our inception in 1994 we have achieved a lot over that short time and we have had our peaks and troughs, Foran, and yes our expectations are maybe higher than they should be, be that as it may, what for me is the worst is our standard of football, balls all over the place with passes to the opposition and a defence as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

For instance we bossed that second half against Partick and yet if we had played another 90 minutes we would never have scored and then they whistle a ball right through our defence, and that's how it's been game after game. Up until the Gardyne fiasco we had a game of sorts with a run of 1-0 wins now we have draws and defeats.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark as we have good players in our team yet they are not turning in performances, look if we lose games on a 3-4 basis we know that we turned in a good game hopefully and they have done their best but this situations is terrible to watch.

There was a time, pre Dodds and Co, when teams were wary of playing us in Inverness, now......................................................................................

Good Luck with Arbroath, exciting times for you and overall it is good for Scottish Football when teams like yersels are doing so well.

Nice one Sandy, not always been your biggest fan but fair play  - credit where it's due  😉

8 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Draw would do us here, have a feeling Ayr will take something friday night

A draw is the least you will get. We are utterly honking so unless Allardice and MacGregor magically reappear in the side you'll have no problems in this one.