Vale of Leithen

5 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

It's all Edinburgh Uni's fault apparently....🤦‍♂️

image.png.d178287f3e3961d89a0b3aa429610e73.png

Someone should ask Michael why they had a shortage of players. I’m led to believe that more than a few were at Hampden on Saturday.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

17 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

No!!! all clubs were asked at the start of this season what would there preference would be if relegated from the lowland league gretna stated the east of scotland.played them a month ago stuart rome said they dont wish to go to the south,now the boundary has disappeared this allows this to happen.

Time will tell on this I guess, because they are highly unlikely to still be in the LL five seasons from now regardless of what happens with the Pyramid and Club 42 playoffs this time around. Boundaries no longer being a factor may also explain why there have been rumours on the SoS forum about Threave Rovers applying for membership in the WoS.

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

No!!! all clubs were asked at the start of this season what would there preference would be if relegated from the lowland league gretna stated the east of scotland.played them a month ago stuart rome said they dont wish to go to the south,now the boundary has disappeared this allows this to happen.

It's not that I don't believe you.

It's that I believe the league secretaries that much more.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The HL still allows their clubs to choose which feeder they drop into if they lose the playoff game though. Not sure this qualifies as blind panic but it was my dear friend from Blackburn that got me interested in this obscure topic with this recent post:

Good to see you're still obsessed with what I post and search back to find it, what a saddo.

"Blind panic" 😂

Neither is it an obscure topic given it's impact, but that would take some understanding on your part.

Edited by Burnieman

2 hours ago, Lowland team said:

That's why I asked the question, Gretna going to the EoS was something I'd also heard, but wasn't sure if it was fact.

Gretna are listed on the East of Scotland FA and League web site as being members of that FA so that's maybe a clue as to what could happen .... but things can change! Who knows.

Anyway, I hope Blackburn can stay up but at least one decent side is in danger of going down this time.

8 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Someone should ask Michael why they had a shortage of players. I’m led to believe that more than a few were at Hampden on Saturday.

They were, Stuart Robertson confirmed it in an interview I heard on the BBC Scotland local news , safe to say he wasn't very happy about the situation 

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Gretna are listed on the East of Scotland FA and League web site as being members of that FA so that's maybe a clue as to what could happen .... but things can change! Who knows.

Anyway, I hope Blackburn can stay up but at least one decent side is in danger of going down this time.

4 or 5 decent sides are going down, there's no Vale of Leithen or Gretna in the EoS Premier.

I'm not sure I'm any further forward in understanding where Gretna would go.  SoS would seem logical, but they might see the EoS as a better environment to play in and I had heard at the start of the season they had nominated the EoS, so it will probably be SoS........

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

4 or 5 decent sides are going down, there's no Vale of Leithen or Gretna in the EoS Premier.

I'm not sure I'm any further forward in understanding where Gretna would go.  SoS would seem logical, but they might see the EoS as a better environment to play in and I had heard at the start of the season they had nominated the EoS, so it will probably be SoS........

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Yeah I saw that.

That's not just a random tweet from their social media. It's live update from the Fans Forum event the club has been hosting this evening with their fans.

If that's not good enough. I've also got email responses from the South and LL/EoS Secretaries confirming that Gretna 2008 would be relegated to the South.

Gretna 2008 have basically always been a South side for relegation purposes despite their EoSFA membership. Just as East Kilbride were when they were in the EoSFA.

If there were a time to change that it would have been during the introduction of the WoSFL. Yet here we are with Gretna 2008 still classed as a South team if they end up relegated.

The rules do not allow a club to nominate which league they are relegated. It's an agreement with the 4 leagues. To make a change means dipping into Brechin City levels of contortion. Why would the EoSFL say yes? Why would the SoSFL risk their relevancy? If it got kicked up to the SFA because there's no agreement there will be years of records as Gretna 2008 classed as a South side, why the change now?

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's not just a random tweet from their social media. It's live update from the Fans Forum event the club has been hosting this evening with their fans.

If that's not good enough. I've also got email responses from the South and LL/EoS Secretaries confirming that Gretna 2008 would be relegated to the South.

Gretna 2008 have basically always been a South side for relegation purposes despite their EoSFA membership. Just as East Kilbride were when they were in the EoSFA.

If there were a time to change that it would have been during the introduction of the WoSFL. Yet here we are with Gretna 2008 still classed as a South team if they end up relegated.

The rules do not allow a club to nominate which league they are relegated. It's an agreement with the 4 leagues. To make a change means dipping into Brechin City levels of contortion. Why would the EoSFL say yes? Why would the SoSFL risk their relevancy? If it got kicked up to the SFA because there's no agreement there will be years of records as Gretna 2008 classed as a South side, why the change now?

Wow, calm doon!  all I'm saying I was told differently to that, and what "Lowland team" posted is basically what I was told, that clubs nominate the league they would drop into, now whether that then needs ratified by the leagues I don't know and things may have changed meantime, but my source isn't just some random.

Clubs jumping between SoS and EoS isn't exactly new.

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Wow, calm doon!  all I'm saying I was told differently to that, and what "Lowland team" posted is basically what I was told, that clubs nominate the league they would drop into, now whether that then needs ratified by the leagues I don't know and things may have changed meantime, but my source isn't just some random.

Clubs jumping between SoS and EoS isn't exactly new.

It's been known for years now that Gretna 2008 would be relegated to the South. So all the old EoSFA/They came from the EoSFL are tiresome and new things like a boundary being scrapped is weird since there's never been a boundary. Closest thing to that is the agreement between the West/East that ignored D&G.

Clubs jumping between the SoS and EoS is new in a pyramid context in that it's never happened. Even back in the day Annan, Dalbeattie, Threave never left the SoS. They each continued to play a team in the league. A bit like Stirling University EoS.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Think we can draw a line under that one. 

If people didn't become so invested on here in particular outcomes happening  because they have said they would and instead focused on getting to the bottom of what's actually happening the main focus would be on why "as things stand" was tacked onto the end of that. 

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Someone will be along shortly to jump on the "as things stand" bit. It'll be Brechin all over again

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If people didn't become so invested on here in particular outcomes happening  because they have said they would and instead focused on getting to the bottom of what's actually happening the main focus would be on why "as things stand" was tacked onto the end of that. 

brilliant