Vale of Leithen

➡️VACANCY

Vale of Leithen fc are now looking to recruit a First Team Coach/manager and staff.

A fantastic opportunity has become available for the successful candidate/team with the relevant coaching badges to be involved in the requisition of new players and the management of the team.

Interested parties should contact either myself ( 07500979591 or michael1746@hotmail.com) or via the clubs webpage or Facebook page. 
Michael Hogarth 
Vice chairman

Gutted to see Grant stand down. He came in after the squad was left in a total mess. Results have been poor with too many defeats but the team have at least been competitive in some games. Was hoping he would stay on for next season but I think he's found it difficult to bring players with experience in. 

1 hour ago, vale boy said:

Gutted to see Grant stand down. He came in after the squad was left in a total mess. Results have been poor with too many defeats but the team have at least been competitive in some games. Was hoping he would stay on for next season but I think he's found it difficult to bring players with experience in. 

Why has he left VB? 

Seems that getting experienced players in especially mid season was an impossible task. Being bottom of the league with a shocking goal against tally hardly made it an enticing prospect.The financial demands from players in the LL surely played its part also . Relegation is fairly inevitable now so I had hoped he would continue and try and build a squad for next season. The guys on the committee are hard working and despite the results this season there actually seems to be more local support turning up to games.  Good luck to him in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

If they can win the next 2 games, Gretna lose theirs and there's an 80 goal swing they might just pull off the impossible!

I fully believe that Gretna can lose by 10+ goals in the next couple games.

VoL winning, let alone winning by a large enough margin to make up the difference, not so much :)

7 hours ago, Gimme said:

If they can win the next 2 games, Gretna lose theirs and there's an 80 goal swing they might just pull off the impossible!

Didn't say anything about how likely it was. Think the idea Cowdenbeath can avoid tenth place is almost as farfetched at this point so not sure why the poster would be waiting with bated breath for that one to be mathematically confirmed but not the other.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I seem to have misunderstood what the full outcome of that meeting was the other night. Let me get this straight:

Am I reading this right that LL have said only one team will be promoted/relegated this season - unless Fraserburgh relegate cowden? Cowden coming down means 19 teams in the league, so do the Vale automatically get punted?

If Bonnyrigg go up Cowden will basically swap places with them. Is there now no longer going to be a play-off between the Vale and one of the tier 6 clubs?

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I seem to have misunderstood what the full outcome of that meeting was the other night. Let me get this straight:

Am I reading this right that LL have said only one team will be promoted/relegated this season - unless Fraserburgh relegate cowden? Cowden coming down means 19 teams in the league, so do the Vale automatically get punted?

If Bonnyrigg go up Cowden will basically swap places with them. Is there now no longer going to be a play-off between the Vale and one of the tier 6 clubs?

Forget everything you've just written! :)

Vale of Leithen* will finish bottom of the LL, and will be relegated. Cowdenbeath* will finish bottom of L2, and Gretna* will finish second bottom of the LL.

Gretna will also be relegated if Fraserburgh/Buckie are promoted.

The winner of the play-off between Penicuik/Linlithgow/Tranent v St Cuthbert Wanderers v Auchinleck/Pollok**/Darvel will be promoted to the LL.

*to be mathematically confirmed on Saturday ** if licensed

If vol and Gretna are relegated how do they determine the 2 clubs to be promoted?
VOL will get relegated to make place for the winner of the tier 6 play-off. Gretna will get relegated to make way for Cowdenbeath if Fraserburgh or Buckie get promoted, as otherwise there would be 19 teams in the LL. If Bonnyrigg get promoted, they will just swap places with Cowdenbeath and Gretna will stay up as the league will stay at 18.