Somewhere in there there is a mediocre football manager in Bullen but he does f**k all analysis on the opposition and focuses on what happened in the previous game in irrelevant circumstances.  

Kilmarnock are a bit of nonsense in this league but you are having a laugh going 442 against them.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Somewhere in there there is a mediocre football manager in Bullen but he does f**k all analysis on the opposition and focuses on what happened in the previous game in irrelevant circumstances.  

Kilmarnock are a bit of nonsense in this league but you are having a laugh going 442 against them.  

It is definitely a worry of mine. I could kind of see why he stuck with the formation of last week, but I’ve been asking for a return to our three in the middle all week. 

I think he does analyse the opposition, but more in terms of specific aspects to target as opposed to how to set up. 

3 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

It's true. I don't like the home kit either.

Matter of taste of course, but I still think our Champions strip (64-69) is the best we've worn:.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/

I think 69/70 and 70/71 are better.  I prefer the blue collar and it was the first Killie strip I had. 

The first 20 minutes of that were chastening to say the least. Could have been easily much worse, seeing as Ayr appeared to panic at every cross. The way we crumbled reminded me of the 3-0 at Palmerston before Xmas   that proved to be Duffy's last game in charge.

McInroy took his goal well and along with Dempsey offered something in that 1st half. 2nd half we looked better but then it wouldn't have been difficult to improve on the 1st half.

1 hour ago, Boring Bob said:

Well spotted Otis. The Killie derby is St. Mirren. Ayr are so rarely in the same division as us that they don’t qualify as a derby.

No it's not.  Ayr is our man derby game. 

I have lived 2 miles from Paisley since 1961, went to school in Paisley for 3 years, love to beat St Mirren, but the big game is always against Ayr. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

27 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Ha!

Just been poured a right antique Bhunnhabain from the auld man. It's been in his hoose for so many decades there was thick stoor on it.

Probably sell for a mighty fortune on the Royal Mile.

Tae yer health!

My favourite Scotch whisky

I've just had a few Jura's to celebrate seeing Killie win twice at Somerset for the 2nd time in my 55+ years following Killie

Cheers

10 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Perhaps I'm being a bit biased, what with my choice being the most memorable. Red numbers on the back too.

Also interesting that both clubs have occasionally gone for the hoops, as shown here, though Ayr have often gone for just the plain white:

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Ayr_United/Ayr_United.htm

I reckon vertical stripes is and should be a thing for us from now on.

Agreed, although for my 60th last year my daughters bought me the hoops strip with the Tourhill Joinery logo - I had it years ago, but didn't really like it that much but actually now really it - think it is to do with the quality of the strip. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

41 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Ha!

Just been poured a right antique Bhunnhabain from the auld man. It's been in his hoose for so many decades there was thick stoor on it.

Probably sell for a mighty fortune on the Royal Mile.

Tae yer health!

An excellent choice Sir 

I seem to have no luck with Ayrshire derbies, missed our 2 goals at RP, and missed the first 2 tonight. From what I seen we were abysmal but no excuse for folk to leave after 20 mins or so. As for Markus, given away a pen in the 1st match at Somerset and now a sending off. Not a CV highlight at all

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The friend I was at the game with took ill and had to go to the first aid room. He's okay now though, which is more important than the football.

Glad to hear that. Saw the fella sitting on the stairs getting help from the first aiders. Also saw an older guy down from the toilet block in quite a bad way. Hope hes ok too