8 hours ago, Fide said:

Let’s all be nice to each other. We both have avoided the old firm poison and should be applauded for that. 
That said, Ayr is full of Tory c***s. 

I'm sure we could agree that all political parties are wankers.

Some are just bigger wankers than the others.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm sure we could agree that all political parties are wankers.

Some are just bigger wankers than the others.

Nope, not a chance, Tory's are C*nts. I will not  stand idly by and allow you to paint them in a more positive light. 

31 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Nope, not a chance, Tory's are C*nts. I will not  stand idly by and allow you to paint them in a more positive light. 

^^^ This, all day long. 

2 teams that have found a bit of form very recently. We haven't done well at Somerset this season (or against Ayr at home recently), but hopefully the heads will be up after a decent result against Accies. Gut says we'll struggle again with the same stage fright that we had last time down there. Head says if we stick to our tactics and don't resort to hoofing it we'll win. So a score draw then. And we'll still stay in touch with Arbroath because this league is ridiculous.

Our lineup will depend a lot on the fitness of Dempsey. If he’s available then I’d go back to the 4-3-3 and exact same lineup we used in the last derby. If he’s still out or not fully fit then we have to stick with the same team as Saturday.

Never ever thought I’d say this but hopefully McGinty can make the game. I don’t trust Fjortoft to keep his head for 90 minutes.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our lineup will depend a lot on the fitness of Dempsey. If he’s available then I’d go back to the 4-3-3 and exact same lineup we used in the last derby. If he’s still out or not fully fit then we have to stick with the same team as Saturday.

Never ever thought I’d say this but hopefully McGinty can make the game. I don’t trust Fjortoft to keep his head for 90 minutes.

I completely agree on the 4-3-3, but Tomi needs to play IMO. It may be harsh but McKenzie drops out - Ashford can offer the same work rate but with extra going forward. The three in the middle would hopefully allow him to get a bit higher up in support of Tomi too. I think our three can win the midfield battle against McGinn, Alston and McKenzie. 

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

2 teams that have found a bit of form very recently. We haven't done well at Somerset this season (or against Ayr at home recently), but hopefully the heads will be up after a decent result against Accies. Gut says we'll struggle again with the same stage fright that we had last time down there. Head says if we stick to our tactics and don't resort to hoofing it we'll win. So a score draw then. And we'll still stay in touch with Arbroath because this league is ridiculous.

Aye that 100% record at Somerset this season is rotten isn’t it?

Also the only word to sum up this derby rivalry is ‘levels’.

Edited by Sortmeout

I'll give you the first game we were rank rotten and did not lay a glove on you, the game at Somerset both teams were crap we were better first half you were better 2nd and if someone had wiped out the boy on the half way line like your guys did when we were through a couple of times it would have been a draw no one would have complained about that, after a slow start and couple of world class saves from McAdams we dominant the game and could easily have won a lot easier there is not many levels between us, both teams are in good form and hopefully it's a cracker of a game

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I completely agree on the 4-3-3, but Tomi needs to play IMO. It may be harsh but McKenzie drops out - Ashford can offer the same work rate but with extra going forward. The three in the middle would hopefully allow him to get a bit higher up in support of Tomi too. I think our three can win the midfield battle against McGinn, Alston and McKenzie. 

Tomi has to start. There is no credible argument not to start him.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tomi has to start. There is no credible argument not to start him.

Yeah, for numerous reasons but most importantly he gets the best out of those around him. It improves Ashford, McInroy and Dempsey as it allows them someone to play off and get higher up the park. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, for numerous reasons but most importantly he gets the best out of those around him. It improves Ashford, McInroy and Dempsey as it allows them someone to play off and get higher up the park. 

Totally agree, he is the first name on the team sheet for me and has been all season. 

I think no matter what we go back to 433 on Friday. I’m not sure if Dempsey will be fit and either way I don’t think Kenyon will start. For me he’ll go with a front 3 of Adeloye through the middle and Ashford on the left and McKenzie on the right. Maxwell either dropping back to centre mid replacing Dempsey or onto the bench. 

We won't be playing a 4 4 3 formation. We have not played 4 3 3 all season. At Raith we played 4 4 2 and I think we will go with that formation on Friday. We had  been playing either 4 1 4 1 or 4 4 1 1.

I think we will start with the team that started at Raith provided McGinty is fully fit. I think Dempsey will start on the bench if fit as will the new signing Kenyon.

I'm really looking forward to a good game and hopefully the Honest Men will come out on top.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I was referring to the fact that though we won via a penalty, we were absolutely honking all game, as were Ayr. Not that we didn't win, but that we didn't play well at all.