34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There you go, give Liam Buchanan 20 minutes at the end and gets a goal.

WTF does he need to do to get a start?

Sorry, I have just about lost faith in the manager.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Maurice re Liam. Buchs didn't score a goal between August and right before Christmas. He started 12 games then. In fact the only goals he's scored since the end of August have been from the bench. 

A disaster of a result tonight just when I was starting to feel hopeful. We need to start taking chances. A part of me thinks there is a game coming where we score 3 or 4 due to the chances we create. 

10 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Think you're being a bit harsh on Maurice re Liam. Buchs didn't score a goal between August and right before Christmas. He started 12 games then. In fact the only goals he's scored since the end of August have been from the bench. 

A disaster of a result tonight just when I was starting to feel hopeful. We need to start taking chances. A part of me thinks there is a game coming where we score 3 or 4 due to the chances we create. 

Yeah I take your point, he went through a helluva scoring drought, but remains basically the most likely player we have to put the ball in the net.

I just think it might have struck the manager as worth giving him a start, our front players are pretty much firing blanks every game.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

There you go, give Liam Buchanan 20 minutes at the end and gets a goal.

WTF does he need to do to get a start?

Sorry, I have just about lost faith in the manager.

Exactly. He knows what he is doing in front of goal. I doubt anyone else in the team would have scored that one. Why on earth is he not starting? We have players now who can create chances and the one player most likely to score them is sitting on the bench each week! I think Liam has scored more than the rest of the current squad put together. No disrespect to Barr, but why on earth is he upfront? Why? Am I missing something here? He would be way down the list of options for me.  Then we take Ompreon off at half time, when he was causing the most problems for Stirling. I am sure Liam would have put away the chance Ompreon created in the first half.

I like Ross and he seems like he knows his stuff, but that was very Bollan-esque tonight.

Swann, Coulson and Liam are all more likely to create something and they are all sitting on the bench when we are just lumping the ball in the air at every opportunity with absolutely no effect.

Get Ompreon playing wide and give Barrowman and Liam a shot upfront.

That game tonight was our chance to make a move and we blew it. Toddy having a mare yet again as well. Ridiculous goal to lose. What was he booked for though? Not that it was a foul, but it wasn't him trying to poke it past the keeper.

Looks like our only hope now is to catch Albion Rovers.

Edited by PELE

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

It was maybe the right time to drop Liam after his penalty miss as he was lacking confidence. Scoring against Edinburgh the following game from the bench would have been a confidence boost but he was back on bench.

The tactics are not suited for him. He played at his best when partnered with Renton.

Support Maurice's decision around selection but are confused how a player like Carty or a wider player like Barr can start before him in the advanced role. Manager must have his reasons.

I think it’s time now for Liam to be back in the starting XI.

Yes he had a drought early in the season but he’s our only natural goal scorer.

He’s came off the bench 3 times and scored, during this time the only player who matched this is Fraz and two of those were penalties.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Exactly. He knows what he is doing in front of goal. I doubt anyone else in the team would have scored that one. Why on earth is he not starting? We have players now who can create chances and the one player most likely to score them is sitting on the bench each week! I think Liam has scored more than the rest of the current squad put together. 

You’re not far off there.

In all competitive matches this season, Liam has scored 11 goals.  The rest of the squad combined have a total of 15 goals. 🤔

Sizeable travelling support for a Tuesday night. At 1-0 I thought Cowden looked more likely to score in a fairly mediocre match.

Highlight was the Cowden's no 9 failed attempt to provided a decent cross from the wing. The result was him lying on his back, straddling the touch-line. Cowden fan shouted It would be best if he said off. Th colourful reply did mention off.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

You’re not far off there.

In all competitive matches this season, Liam has scored 11 goals.  The rest of the squad combined have a total of 15 goals. 🤔

Yeah, but if it's just current squad members, I think he might be ahead of the rest put together. Not good.

It was maybe the right time to drop Liam after his penalty miss as he was lacking confidence. Scoring against Edinburgh the following game from the bench would have been a confidence boost but he was back on bench.
The tactics are not suited for him. He played at his best when partnered with Renton.
Support Maurice's decision around selection but are confused how a player like Carty or a wider player like Barr can start before him in the advanced role. Manager must have his reasons.

Well I can’t work it out.

Did the business last night, not the greatest of games but we did something that we haven`t done in a long while win a game at home. 2 good goals from Dale Carrick the second one in particular. Wont get carried away but its a step in the right direction. Needed  the win to boost  confidence in the squad and that was achieved. Onwards to Forfar on Saturday, lets hope to get something to build momentum. 

I hope Maurice isn't a Bollan type who, the more fans clamour for a player to be included, the less likely he is to play him. Every time Barr comes on as a sub he looks full of energy and plays quite well and every time he starts he does next to nothing.To be fair to him punting high balls up to him is never going to work. Presumably the plan was to hit balls over the top for him to chase but Stirling just sat deep and mopped everything up. In contrast Stirling played an immobile but good in the air target man and had pacey strikers running off him. Not pretty : but pretty effective. If we have signed technically better players surely we should be getting the ball down and passing our way through teams. Having said all that, the first goal was a gift, the perfect boost for a side short on confidence and we had most of the game thereafter but didn't create all that much. None of our midfielders carry a goalscoring threat, and apart from Liam none of our strikers do either. Barrowman might do but he isn't getting played much either 

12 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Did the business last night, not the greatest of games but we did something that we haven`t done in a long while win a game at home. 2 good goals from Dale Carrick the second one in particular. Wont get carried away but its a step in the right direction. Needed  the win to boost  confidence in the squad and that was achieved. Onwards to Forfar on Saturday, lets hope to get something to build momentum. 

For the first time in ages we looked like a team playing for each other and not a group that just happened to be in the changing room at the same time. Optimism needs to be tempered by the quality of the opposition last night, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

54 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Dales second goal was good but the first one was a cross, intended for 11, which went in.

Has Liam Buchanan got 90 minutes in him these days? He must be getting on. I've always liked him as a striker. 

The other question is, how many goal scoring opportunities are the forwards getting? Maybe that is the area on the park that needs to be improved. 

I've been to two play-offs in recent years, cheering on Cowden. I fear that I might be attending a third one the way things are going.