Crawford has certainly made us harder to beat and we have managed to stop losing goals by the barrow load. Think most Fife fans would have taken a point if offered before the game. Think the board will now be wishing they hadn’t given Darren Young so much time, as games are running out. Crawford has turned things round the last half dozen games after it took him time to root out the players who just weren’t putting in much effort. Still lacking a bit of quality in the final a third and our lack of goals for is the one big concern in our bid for survival. Three massive games coming up against bottom 5 teams Dumbarton , Clyde and Alloa. These games will make or break our season.

Your probably right since craw came in we’ve drawn games that we haven’t done and made us hard to beat, I feel that is done to a settled back four and realism of having smith in goals rather Gallagher who has disappeared due to a injury. I certainly thought we could of nicked something more than a point but after we were denied a point last week at Falkirk then I would have said a point today was good than no points.

but aye big games coming up for us Dumbarton, Alloa, Clyde if we keep nicking points then avoiding bottom spot will be anything good archievement at the club as we would all like stay up our transfers are poor and no much in say who are going strengthen us and I’ll be happy going down without kelty” and rebuild under the current management seems likely, mean teams next season will kick out signings and teams who stay up ie Clyde, Dumbarton, Peterhead will be looking for scraps to keep them up or loan signings from St mirren, Dundee and rangers. But aye you just get that fear having witness being bottom all season it’s been a hard watch but I suppose it’s football, but we are putting up a good fight to be six adrift of Dumbarton and these games are vital between now and end of season.

Where to begin after that today?  Started on the front foot .. should been in front early and then fell out of it completely. EF came for a point and deservedly got it. Aiden’s sending off looked very harsh to me but the video will clear that up.  Leaves us with 1 fit centre half and Steeves getting carried off makes things even worse.  Since Gardyne joined we’ve been poor.  He’s very very good but accommodating him has completely destroyed how the team plays. It’s kinda turned into the Midge show … twists and turns here and there .. but no end product. I’m not having a go at him because he works his socks off and played most of the game through the pain barrier today but he’s on a different wavelength to the rest of the side. They haven’t a clue what he’s going to do and as a result we look utterly confused from the middle of the park forward. The good news is that Falkirk didn’t make up any ground on us so the playoffs still look on. 

The sending off will clearly be the big talking point. 

From my point in the stand, Quinn came breenging in, committed to the challenge, but arrived late. There was no malice intended but the referee most likely interperated it as reckless and dangerous. You can see both sides of the debate - we don't want to see players injured, but sometimes two players fully committed to a challenge can avoid a potentially serious injury. It's a question of how late Quinn was. For me it was a slightly harsh red, but I would like to see it back. 

I think a draw was a fair outcome over the piece. Man of the match was Aaron Steele.

58 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The sending off will clearly be the big talking point. 

From my point in the stand, Quinn came breenging in, committed to the challenge, but arrived late. There was no malice intended but the referee most likely interperated it as reckless and dangerous. You can see both sides of the debate - we don't want to see players injured, but sometimes two players fully committed to a challenge can avoid a potentially serious injury. It's a question of how late Quinn was. For me it was a slightly harsh red, but I would like to see it back. 

I think a draw was a fair outcome over the piece. Man of the match was Aaron Steele.

It was a horrendous challenge. He came storming in and EF player flicked the ball past him then got wiped out. Was fortunate that player was not seriously injured and able to continue.

Mad how much Montrose were dominating after going down to 10 men. Thought we just about deserved a point but I didn't enjoy the past 20 minutes at all. Unfortunately because our central midfield is so weak/non-existent, we struggle to really take control of matches and impose ourselves, the ball just goes from back to front and bypasses the midfield a lot of the time. You can see the difference when Montrose had the ball in the middle of the park. Would've been good to snatch the win yesterday but hey ho. Not sure when I can next make a game - hopefully we can pick up some desperately needed points in the coming weeks. 

The ref was actually advised by his assistant to give a red, he was obviously unsure. I think Aiden made a genuine attempt to for the ball but was slow and that made it look reckless. had it been against Montrose I’d have been screaming for a red right enough 

On 05/03/2022 at 20:02, fifer67 said:

Crawford has certainly made us harder to beat and we have managed to stop losing goals by the barrow load. Think most Fife fans would have taken a point if offered before the game. Think the board will now be wishing they hadn’t given Darren Young so much time, as games are running out. Crawford has turned things round the last half dozen games after it took him time to root out the players who just weren’t putting in much effort. Still lacking a bit of quality in the final a third and our lack of goals for is the one big concern in our bid for survival. Three massive games coming up against bottom 5 teams Dumbarton , Clyde and Alloa. These games will make or break our season.

The Fife have upped their game since he took over.

The league, as regards recent results is far closer, only Cove and Airdire appear to be the winners, everyone else can be beaten, and even the # 1 & 2 spots are still getting draws

The Fife have a better showing over the past 5 than the other teams in the bottom six.

The relegation zone is becoming more interesting than the winning zone