Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March 2022

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just turned on my phone. Bit gutted with that obviously. The clean sheet record had to end at some point I suppose. Positive? - we kept another side out from open play. Negative? - Absolutely no surprise in the slightest to read Debayo is the person to give it away. Hopefully Gibson has no intention of renewing his deal, a complete liability as others have said.

Our home games are going to be key from now until the end of the season so hopefully the boys bounce back for Saturday.

How the hell is it a positive when we lose 1 nil probable the most stupid post I have ever read..

Only thing you did  get right is that Debayo is a liability he just can't play in a 3 at the back.

Said before that I don’t care about performances now as long as we win and would take 1-0s if we had to. We weren’t good first half no getting away from that, but felt we were really good in the second with everything but a goal to show for it. Kevin Holt continues to be immense at both sides of the pitch for the Jags, one of the best bits of business McCall has done was bringing him to the club. Need to just try and keep a winning run going now. 

Edited by JagsCG

We were much better in the second half and deserved the 3 points. Thought Jakubiak had a really good game but he never really looks like scoring. The back 5 were solid as always.

That second half showed the limitations we have squad wise.  Losing Fitzpatrick on Saturday and not being able to use Shea (Iniesta) Gordon tonight was bad enough. But we just didn't have the same options off the bench second half that Thistle did .... they brought on Graham, Turner and Smith to turn the game ... we could only unleash the legend that is Ally Roy.

That second half showed the limitations we have squad wise.  Losing Fitzpatrick on Saturday and not being able to use Shea (Iniesta) Gordon tonight was bad enough. But we just didn't have the same options off the bench second half that Thistle did .... they brought on Graham, Turner and Smith to turn the game ... we could only unleash the legend that is Ally Roy.

I'm surprised McKechnie hasn't featured more tbh.

Brian Graham can be one helluva frustrating player to watch 90 minutes a week, but let's not start without him again if we can avoid it. Cammy Smith also improved us when he came on and helped the ball flow into the final third, rather than get lost by aimless kicks down the touchlines.

These Battle of the Somme type 1-0 wins on this disgrace of a surface are growing on me. Keep it for next season and pack our squad full of absolute scumbags and hatchet men. 

3 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Commentator has so far got confused between Paton and Debayo, and then Junior and Paton. Seriously ? 

If there is one thing that unites most of our support is that the commentator is abysmal.

6 minutes ago, Meatwad said:

If there is one thing that unites most of our support is that the commentator is abysmal.

Fully understand it must be a nightmare trying to commentate on players he doesn’t know but telling Paton and Debayo/Junior apart is fairly easy. 

50 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Fully understand it must be a nightmare trying to commentate on players he doesn’t know but telling Paton and Debayo/Junior apart is fairly easy. 

He has previous, he spent a good portion of our first game back after the shutdown last season against Cove at Firhill telling us we were playing Peterhead.

Guy is one of those part of the furniture types, but he's an abysmal commentator.

Re the penalty, what are the thoughts of the PPV audience? Being at the game, I got one look from distance, but it fell into the ‘soft’ category. Defenders should know to be very careful in the box, no nudges or hands on backs. But I don’t know how culpable Debayo was.

Was disappointed in our second half performance. After edging the first half, we just didn’t do it in the second half. Hard work and team spirit can get you so far, maybe we just run out of legs a bit after 4 games in 8 days. The pitch drained us! (QOS fan complains about someone else’s pitch…..).

And to be fair, Thistle clearly better than Morton or Ayr (OK, that’s a low bar), I think they’re in a 3 way race for the title.

6 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Re the penalty, what are the thoughts of the PPV audience? Being at the game, I got one look from distance, but it fell into the ‘soft’ category. Defenders should know to be very careful in the box, no nudges or hands on backs. But I don’t know how culpable Debayo was.

Was disappointed in our second half performance. After edging the first half, we just didn’t do it in the second half. Hard work and team spirit can get you so far, maybe we just run out of legs a bit after 4 games in 8 days. The pitch drained us! (QOS fan complains about someone else’s pitch…..).

And to be fair, Thistle clearly better than Morton or Ayr (OK, that’s a low bar), I think they’re in a 3 way race for the title.

Wullie said he gave the ref a hard time over the pen, but on watching it back he felt it was soft but the right decision. Debayo had both hands on the player.

I thought Todd looked a bit heavy legged all game, got caught in possession a few times, even Wullie had a few mistakes in him. Another game when we weren't clinical enough in front of goal and paid for it. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs