Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March 2022

After last nights huge three points we have got to make use of our remaining two games in hand.

Not seen much of Queens this season expect against us and the odd TV game, but I’m led to believe they have picked up a bit of late under Gibson. 

Really important game for both sides. With us fighting for any chance left at the title and Queens fighting for survival, I expect a tight game.   

I would take another scrappy 1-0 Thistle win similar to Friday night all day, as long as we get the three points. 

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

After last nights huge three points we have got to make use of our remaining two games in hand.

Not seen much of Queens this season expect against us and the odd TV game, but I’m led to believe they have picked up a bit of late under Gibson. 

Really important game for both sides. With us fighting for any chance left at the title and Queens fighting for survival, I expect a tight game.   

I would take another scrappy 1-0 Thistle win similar to Friday night all day, as long as we get the three points. 

All I have noticed is that Fitzpatrick has scored their last 2 winners.

Thistle games at Firhill since we beat Ayr 4-0 on 2nd October

0-0

0-0

1-0

1-0

0-2 (🤯)

1-0

1-1

1-0

1-0

0-1

0-1

1-0

Hard to see anything other than another low scoring slog. Still think Turner is worth a start purely for set pieces which on that pitch are possibly even more vital. 

Queens seem to have picked up form lately (Fitzpatrick being key to that). I expect quite a tough and tight game. Think I’d start Turner over Crawford simply for the set piece delivery - other than that I think the team will remain largely the same. 

Not overly bothered about the performance (particularly since it’s harder to play the way McCall wants on the surface) just as long as we get the 3pts. 

16 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Queens seem to have picked up form lately (Fitzpatrick being key to that). I expect quite a tough and tight game. Think I’d start Turner over Crawford simply for the set piece delivery - other than that I think the team will remain largely the same. 

Not overly bothered about the performance (particularly since it’s harder to play the way McCall wants on the surface) just as long as we get the 3pts. 

Fitzpatrick off with a bad injury today.

23 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

That’s a bit of a shame for him. Don’t know if it’s just cause he came through our academy or not but I was genuinely happy to see him hit a bit of form (so long as he didn’t continue it vs us obviously) after a while of being pretty average for QOS by all accounts. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

He pulled his hamstring ... celebrating a great goal ... bloody typical of our luck, just when he's finally hitting form.  He'll be out for at least a month now, probably more.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

That’s a bit of a shame for him. Don’t know if it’s just cause he came through our academy or not but I was genuinely happy to see him hit a bit of form (so long as he didn’t continue it vs us obviously) after a while of being pretty average for QOS by all accounts. 

I was the same - nice to see guys who've come through at Thistle go and do well for themselves. I'm glad he won't be playing against us, but do hope that he isn't out for very long.

Need to win this. Queens have looked pretty decent against us in the previous games, and obviously stuck us out the Challenge Cup so no doubts it'll be a test.

Our games aren't ever high scoring affairs anymore, so 1-0 to us with Graham getting it. 

How has Shea Gordon been getting on, Queens fans? Have you noticed him doing anything yet?

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I was the same - nice to see guys who've come through at Thistle go and do well for themselves. I'm glad he won't be playing against us, but do hope that he isn't out for very long.

Need to win this. Queens have looked pretty decent against us in the previous games, and obviously stuck us out the Challenge Cup so no doubts it'll be a test.

Our games aren't ever high scoring affairs anymore, so 1-0 to us with Graham getting it. 

How has Shea Gordon been getting on, Queens fans? Have you noticed him doing anything yet?

Shea Gordon is marmite to our fans, I think today has been the first time he's looked impressive but that has to be set against how poor Morton were. Nothing wrong with his work rate, won his share of tackles, linked play well, played some good passes and got forward to help in attack. He'll not be available on Tuesday so you won't get a chance to see for yourself. 

Shea Gordon is marmite to our fans, I think today has been the first time he's looked impressive but that has to be set against how poor Morton were. Nothing wrong with his work rate, won his share of tackles, linked play well, played some good passes and got forward to help in attack. He'll not be available on Tuesday so you won't get a chance to see for yourself. 

I've not read anyone say he's been excellent during his time with us tbh. I think the general consensus is that he's been poor. He scored a screamer against Raith but other than that he's been completely anonymous anytime I've seen him play.

He seems to be getting good reviews after today's performance though which can only be a good thing. Sadly he wont be able to kick on from here on Tuesday with him being out. Hopefully he puts in another good performance against Raith though.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

He pulled his hamstring ... celebrating a great goal ... bloody typical of our luck, just when he's finally hitting form.  He'll be out for at least a month now, probably more.

Typical right enough after being injury prone and WG saying he'd be an important player for him in the run in, then pulls his hamstring in celebration after 3 goals in 3 games...

34 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

See we are as long as 7/1 with the bookies to win on Tuesday. I’d have thistle as clear favourites, but still seems like mental odds. 

Yeah, those early odds will never last.

Thistle are 1.33 on bet365 which is ridiculous. I’d guess we’ll go off somewhere in the 1.6 region.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Would take a 0-0 here, tbh. 

Aye. Obviously wins are preferred to get closer to those above us but away, against a team on the rise, and playing on a bumpy sandpit (or quagmire if it rains), and with Thistle having an extra day's rest, keeping a clean sheet would not be too shabby. 

Would take a 0-0 here, tbh. 
This. I haven't looked to see the last time we kept 5 clean sheets in a row. But if it's been 10 years since doing 4 then I expect the last time we did 5 Lee Bailly or Brian Caldwell were in the line-up.