Sevco 2012 v Aberdeen 1903 - Part II, Revenge of the Thread

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm assuming you're on the wind-up here.

I don't think he is.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you’re trying too hard to be the voice of reason

I'd tend to agree with this.

The clip clearly shows him jumping in front of the ball and raising his leg, he brings his leg back as Ferguson hits it if anything. 

Not shocked that the resident fans of the young team are totally missing the point tho.😉

50 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is the thing Old Firm fans don't get about the treatment they get from refs. Occasionally it's a big game-changing decision, but in general it's just the drip drip of their players being treated differently to other teams.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

On one hand, delighted to see someone getting a yellow for this. Refs let players away with it far too often, and using the cards would stop it.

Classic Ibrox fare for the home player to then get away with it though.

This is the thing Old Firm fans don't get about the treatment they get from refs. Occasionally it's a big game-changing decision, but in general it's just the drip drip of their players being treated differently to other teams.

Game changing decisions like the penalty Aberdeen against Rangers at pittodrie ? Like the penalty not being retaken when ball has clearly rolled off the spot.

Those kind of game changing decisions 

5 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Game changing decisions like the penalty Aberdeen against Rangers at pittodrie ? Like the penalty not being retaken when ball has clearly rolled off the spot.

That’s different. 

Only game changing decision was McGregor not getting matching orders for wiping out Hedges.

Morelos clearly handled the ball in the box and the ball moving as Ferguson took the pen advantaged Rangers more than anything.

It’s funny that the hordes swallow up the Goebbels-esque propaganda that their clubs feed them. The league title hasn’t left Glasgow since 1985 and they both are convinced that the refs are out to get them.

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Only game changing decision was McGregor not getting matching orders for wiping out Hedges.

Morelos clearly handled the ball in the box and the ball moving as Ferguson took the pen advantaged Rangers more than anything.

It’s funny that the hordes swallow up the Goebbels-esque propaganda that their clubs feed them. The league title hasn’t left Glasgow since 1985 and they both are convinced that the refs are out to get them.

There’s always one….

At the Aberdeen penalty Barisic is CLEARLY fouled so it’s not a penalty! 

Ball CLEARLY moves off the spot so should be retaken

Those decisions were result changing decisions. 

There’s always one….

The only result changing decision was McGregor getting away with pole-axing Hedges in the first 20 minutes but that doesn’t fit the narrative.

24 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

There’s always one….

I’ll ask again, you sure you enjoy football? 

I have to say I don’t think there’s much in the supposed foul in the build up to the goal. 
Me either, it's never a foul.

It's funny all the same watching this thread and seeing just how partisan some of the Rangers fans actually are. I'm surprised one in particular sees anything through the thickness of their blue tinted specs. [emoji1787]

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Me either, it's never a foul.

It's funny all the same watching this thread and seeing just how partisan some of the Rangers fans actually are. I'm surprised one in particular sees anything through the thickness of their blue tinted specs. emoji1787.png

Rangers fans have definitely got worse since allowing their club to die. The culture of firing blame in all directions and seeing enemies everywhere is so deeply ingrained it's hard to see a way back. The club itself has to take a lot of the blame for openly encouraging the more deranged elements of their support in their paranoia. It's now just Rangers mainstream to be a paranoid wreck.

Astonishing considering how the authorities bent over backwards to try and parachute them into the top flight, and inexplicably allowed them to 'keep' trophies the previous club won by cheating.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Not convinced it’s a foul on Ramsey after watching the highlights back. Would’ve been extremely soft if it was given.

Like the penalty given against Bates at Ibrox then?

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nonsense. He actively puts himself in the way.

I think you’re trying too hard to be the voice of reason when folk complain about decisions at ibrox. 

Remember when Craig didn't think McGregor fouled Hedges before watching it a million times? Tries to play devils advocate far too often in these situations.

I was very impressed with Aberdeens No.29 (Connor Barron?). Thought he was the best player on the park in the 1st half. Faded a bit in the 2nd half but looks quite young. My seat is at pitch level so not a great view but he always looked for the ball and don't think he wasted a pass in the 1st half. 

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Which penalty was that? The one that wasn't given when McGregor should have been sent off just before Rangers scored their goal, which wouldn't have happened. Or the one that was given?

14 minutes ago, Bailey1972 said:

I was very impressed with Aberdeens No.29 (Connor Barron?). Thought he was the best player on the park in the 1st half. Faded a bit in the 2nd half but looks quite young. My seat is at pitch level so not a great view but he always looked for the ball and don't think he wasted a pass in the 1st half. 

He's brilliant.

Aberdeen are getting some things right with the youth development. Others not but I won't get in to that here. One good example is that almost all the young players that come through are brilliant at taking the ball under pressure. Some of the more experienced pros would be doing well to follow suit.

1 hour ago, Bailey1972 said:

I thought he looked decent as well, actually.