Ross County v St Mirren 5/3/22

Less than 24 hours to go and no thread? Tsk, pretty big game too with both of us sitting on 33 points, albeit County have played a game more.
There’s a log jam between 4th and 10th, and how teams in those positions finish is anyones guess.
Three points tomorrow could take the winner into 6th, defeat and the loser could finish the day in 10th.
We’ve have a good recent record in Dingwall, we have won our last three games there and we haven’t lost at all to County since September 2019.
We’ve had a new manager downward bounce losing our last two. However, they were against Hearts - where we played 70 mins with 10 men - and at Parkhead. On the other hand, The Staggies won their last two games and now look more likely to make a late dash into the top six than have any relegation worries.
No idea what team or system Robinson will go with to be honest, I believe Ronan is still suspended which is a blow. Hopefully he gets Marcus Fraser back in the starting 11, he loves a goal in Dingwall. Think Brophy will start aswell after two sub appearances since return from injury.
1-1

A certainty that one, or both, of County’s impressive goal scoring discoveries (how did they find those guys!) grab a goal. 2-2 draw then. Stickroth & Torfason replying for the Buddies.

Edited by pozbaird

St. Mirren have been a bogey side for us over the last few years and Marcus Fraser loves getting it up us. I think we can win this, but I also think St. Mirren could do us. I'll go for a fiercely competitive 1-1, with both sides ruing missed chances.

Edited by Comrie

4-2-3-1, Fraser and Tait at FB, Henderson, Kiltie and Jones behind Greive and then, later, Brophy.

It's a simple game; I hope Robinson doesn't try to be cagey here.

That said, I've been impressed with County. I wanted, and still want, Mackay to fail badly, but that's nothing against County. Just him.

Just thinking back to our last game at Dingwall. I said so on the thread at the time but I felt County were decent that day, especially in the second half. We should have been out of sight but they rallied and could feasibly have taken something from the game.

No surprise at all that since then, they have won or drawn 14 of their games, Vs 7 defeats.

Despite our good record up there, I think Robinson's difficult start is about to become harder still. 

2-1 County.

IMG_8054.jpg
Interesting team, two changes from Wed with Lyness replacing Alnwick (who must be injured) and Greive in for Main. Looks to be sticking with the 5-4-1 and Fraser on bench.

Malky does like to tinker a wee bit, that's a 4-2-3-1 in my head, with Tilson and Paton sitting and Callachan roaming about behind White.

That was my fear.
Could sneak the back 3/5 in through the backdoor against Celtic and now it stays.

You wonder what goes through a managers head. Previous boss ditched it and we proceed to show huge improvement, new boss comes in and thinks he can get the same group to revert back to the formation that didn't work and suddenly get it to work !!!