Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 5 March 2022)

Tomorrow afternoon will see an in-form Stenhousemuir making the short trip to a dreadful Stirling Albion side as they continue their push for the top four. The Warriors have been pretty good in recent weeks, with Stephen Swift having found a settled side and a number of players performing well; the Binos, meanwhile, have been dire and haven't won a match since finagling their way to three points against Stenny at the start of the year. The general consensus seems to be that while performances have been okay, results have been poor - and I hope it stays that way!

Unless there are any injury concerns, I see no reason to deviate from that same XI and formation that's served us well over recent weeks. Robert Thomson left the pitch on Wednesday night with his ankle in some kind of "ice sock" (?) but I hope this was a precautionary measure.

- Tam Orr - Robert Thomson -

- Ross Forbes -

- Mikey Miller - Nat Wedderburn - Mikey Anderson -

- Callum Yeats - Sean Crighton - Nicky Jamieson - Adam Corbett -

- Peter Urminsky -

We were excellent on our last trip to Forthbank and I hope we can so the same on Saturday. As always, we really need to win this if we're series about getting into the play-off places. Anything else would be a disappointment.

To be perfectly honest don`t know what to expect on Saturday when we face Stenny. Will the team surprise the fans by turning in the sort of performance we know they are capable of or will it be another frustrating afternoon when once again we don`t turn up and lose. 

Lets hope that we can turn the corner and start picking up the points needed to start climbing up this League. Playoffs might be beyond us but if we can hit a bit of form it will at least provide some comfort for the rest of the season and hope DY can build a team during the summer to finally get us out of this League. 

Prediction Binos 1 Stenny 1 

38 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Will the team surprise the fans by turning in the sort of performance we know they are capable of or will it be another frustrating afternoon when once again we don`t turn up and lose. 

most likely the latter 

Looking forward to tomorrow. Not since November have I had a pre-match pint of foaming ale in my favourite hostelry on a Saturday afternoon In the company of friends.

Due to the current media embargo at Forthbank I am unable to comment on SA. 

We are all aware of the recent well earned victory at Ochilview, that lead to some prolonged New Years celebrations. But sadly things have changed. There's no denying Stennie are the in form team in league 2. But if we nullify January player of the month and bypass a VG mid-fielder, then who knows.

2 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

No Urminsky is a big blow

This is dreadful news. Peter Urminsky was really beginning to look the part in goal and the whole team looked much more assured. I understand he's only been recalled to St Mirren for the next seven days?

David Wilson's last game for the club - the aforementioned defeat to Stirling Albion - saw him badly caught out for Nathan Flanagan's winning goal, and he seemed to be costing us a goal a game prior to that. He eventually lost his place to Ryan Marshall before Urminsky's signing.

I came into tomorrow's contest in a buoyant mood... now I'm not so sure!

51 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is dreadful news. Peter Urminsky was really beginning to look the part in goal and the whole team looked much more assured. I understand he's only been recalled to St Mirren for the next seven days?

David Wilson's last game for the club - the aforementioned defeat to Stirling Albion - saw him badly caught out for Nathan Flanagan's winning goal, and he seemed to be costing us a goal a game prior to that. He eventually lost his place to Ryan Marshall before Urminsky's signing.

I came into tomorrow's contest in a buoyant mood... now I'm not so sure!

Don't even hint at giving us hope, it only makes disappointment harder to bear.

That Urminsky recall has rocked me more than any other news this season. Yes, it's only only a week, but it could be so pivotal in the bigger picture.

He's given the defence so much more assurance and makes cross balls look simple when they have been such a drama before when the defence are more pressured to deal with them.

I fear we only win by two goals tomorrow now rather than the pencilled in four against this dog meat.

10 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Echo the comments re Urminsky. The defence has looked its most assured all season in the last two games.

you didn't need a goalkeeper,  first effort on target a minute into stoppage time.

Stirling really are awful.

The two key players were Marc Laird and Adam Brown. We weren’t much better today but one moment of brilliance from Brown was all that was needed. I would imagine he will start on Tuesday.

It was just a matter of time before Laird was sent off. He actually tried to take Christie out on the touch line a few minutes before his red but he was too slow to catch him, so it wasn’t a surprise that he eventually saw red. It was almost as if he was trying to get sent off…

We have a free shot in midweek against Kelty and then a big game next Saturday.

Well what can I say about the game, had hoped to get something from this game to give us a boost but once again we are found wanting. Lots of effort but no threat up front. Dale Carrick tried his best but left on his own up front with no help, what do you expect. 

The sending off of Mark Laird did not help and as an experienced player after being booked ne should have known better. 

Onwards to Tuesday night when we face Cowdenbeath anything less than 3 points is NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

Utter rubbish from us again. Somehow Darren Young has made us worse than we were in the final weeks of the Rutkiewicz reign. Absolutely no cutting edge up front, a creative free midfield, and utter bombscares at full back. Pass marks today for Currie in goal (although I thought he could have tried harder at the goal), McGeachie at centre half, and Kieron Moore looked lively when he came on. The rest were honking, particularly the two full backs. Whoever thought an out of favour defender from the bottom team of the league above was the order of the day needs their head looked at. The only saving grace in the atrocious debut from Aaron Dunsmore was he wasn't (quite) as bad as James Creaney at left back, who put in the most gutless incompetent display I've seen from an Albion player in over 40 years of watching the team. 

A total clearout needed in the summer. And not just the players. That also extends to the management and the board. The entire club a needs reset from top to bottom.  If we lose to Cowden on Tuesday, they'd be as well relegating us to the Lowland League now. 

This is currently the lowest I've felt as an Albion man in my entire history of supporting them. 

Good luck to Stenny for the rest of the season, you're lucky you have players that whilst not the most technically gifted at least give a f**k about the job they're doing.         

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Utter rubbish from us again. Somehow Darren Young has made us worse than we were in the final weeks of the Rutkiewicz reign. Absolutely no cutting edge up front, a creative free midfield, and utter bombscares at full back. Pass marks today for Currie in goal (although I thought he could have tried harder at the goal), McGeachie at centre half, and Kieron Moore looked lively when he came on. The rest were honking, particularly the two full backs. Whoever thought an out of favour defender from the bottom team of the league above was the order of the day needs their head looked at. The only saving grace in the atrocious debut from Aaron Dunsmore was he wasn't (quite) as bad as James Creaney at left back, who put in the most gutless incompetent display I've seen from an Albion player in over 40 years of watching the team. 

A total clearout needed in the summer. And not just the players. That also extends to the management and the board. The entire club a needs reset from top to bottom.  If we lose to Cowden on Tuesday, they'd be as well relegating us to the Lowland League now. 

This is currently the lowest I've felt as an Albion man in my entire history of supporting them. 

Good luck to Stenny for the rest of the season, you're lucky you have players that whilst not the most technically gifted at least give a f**k about the job they're doing.         

giphy.gif.36ba22f0b7946b7b0c3a4bf5bf06ab45.gif

Diddums

On 04/03/2022 at 20:51, Dumb yatt said:

Looking forward to tomorrow. Not since November have I had a pre-match pint of foaming ale in my favourite hostelry on a Saturday afternoon In the company of friends.

Due to the current media embargo at Forthbank I am unable to comment on SA. 

We are all aware of the recent well earned victory at Ochilview, that lead to some prolonged New Years celebrations. But sadly things have changed. There's no denying Stennie are the in form team in league 2. But if we nullify January player of the month and bypass a VG mid-fielder, then who knows.

What media embargo is this?