Gran Turismo 7

Miguel Sanchez

I've had it for a week now and I kind of agree with a lot of the criticism the game has been getting.

The MTX thing is an absolute farce, particularly giving that they've nerfed competitions to reduce payout. There are some cars that are pretty much gonna be unattainable for anyone with a job and family who maybe gets an hour to play in the evening.

I am also getting a bit tired of every race being a rolling start and starting from the back. Saw someone describe it as The Real Overtaking Simulator and now I can't unsee it.

However I'm still enjoying it. I quite like the Cafe system, it gives you clear objectives and you always know what you're meant to do next. The graphics, sound and presentation are overall stunning and I really like the PS5 controller.

Also did anyone see

E. Brown driving the DeLorean?

7 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I only have the final Super Licence test to do and I think it might tip me over the edge.

5 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

f**k Spa, f**k that Porsche and f**k the rain.

I managed to do a 2:25.625 in the S-10 licence and it might be the best thing I've done on a video game.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I managed to do a 2:25.625 in the S-10 licence and it might be the best thing I've done on a video game.

I managed to do a 2:39 and get bronze. I think I could probably get down to silver but I think that would be my limit. 

Behold me tiptoeing round Spa!

I need to get round the b*****d track first to set a time. I get around 3/4 of the way round and lose it at the same corner every time.

I don't suppose you play with a wheel as I'm seriously thinking of investing in one. Having played Gran Turismo from the days before Dualshock controllers existed, I've always used the directional buttons to steer. I'm starting to think that they're not sensitive enough and even a slight tap is causing me to spin with no chance of regaining control.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I need to get round the b*****d track first to set a time. I get around 3/4 of the way round and lose it at the same corner every time.

I don't suppose you play with a wheel as I'm seriously thinking of investing in one. Having played Gran Turismo from the days before Dualshock controllers existed, I've always used the directional buttons to steer. I'm starting to think that they're not sensitive enough and even a slight tap is causing me to spin with no chance of regaining control.

I use a controller but use the analogue sticks. In fairness it took me absolutely ages. I'd say the most important areas are Eau Rouge and Radillon naturally, Pouhon and Blanchimont 1 and 2 and really the only important thing here is trying to carry any sort of speed through them. I also found that you can carry a lot of speed through Les Combes with at little more inside kerb on the first right-hander.
I would go as slow as you need to to get a lap done so you have at least a ghost to base it off.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

This is me doing a 2:26.508 from earlier, I didn't save the gold lap but if you want to see the lines I take or when I brake you can have a swatch at this. My style does involve a decent amount of rally-ish driving which is pretty treacherous at times, but I find it helps you carry more speed if you get the slide spot on.

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This is me doing a 2:26.508 from earlier, I didn't save the gold lap but if you want to see the lines I take or when I brake you can have a swatch at this. My style does involve a decent amount of rally-ish driving which is pretty treacherous at times, but I find it helps you carry more speed if you get the slide spot on.

You're taking far more of the kerbs than i'm able to.  I find as soon as you put a wheel anywhere near them you get to see where you've just come from quite quickly

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

You're taking far more of the kerbs than i'm able to.  I find as soon as you put a wheel anywhere near them you get to see where you've just come from quite quickly

I think that so long as you ride the kerbs, or at most blipping the throttle you can use them to your advantage. Anything more than half throttle will have you in the scenery.

10 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Are you using the driving assists when racing or do they just appear when you're doing the replay?

44 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Are you using the driving assists when racing or do they just appear when you're doing the replay?

The breaking zone and racing line things? I put them on as reference points for anyone that watches the video.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Infuriating glitch last night when collecting the AMGs. Won the other two races the GT7 kept going into offline mode as soon as I crossed the line on the Nurburgring (what a fucking circuit btw). Happened three times before I went off to bed seething. No problem today though. Pleasingly the next Menu item is the GTR lot. YAS. 

Have managed a 2:29.8 at Spa for Silver.  

From thinking I'd be unable to get Gold I'm thinking that it's not unachievable with a bit of luck.

Stuck on the demo ghost and my fastest lap ghost and was on a great lap. Right on the demo ghost tail and my fastest one was miles behind.  Om the back straight lifted off for the left hand curve on the dry line and ended up facing the way I came. Possibly the closest I've ever come to launching my controller through the TV.

Seething.  Utterly seething 

Tried this again with a view of just trying to get round the track having spun every time so far. Took it fairly easily and managed a 2:32.2. Just missed out on silver but just glad to have finally passed the thing.

On 21/03/2022 at 17:05, Mr. Brightside said:

The rubber-banding in this game is a joke, I'm on a lap that is 0.6s quicker than the fastest lap of the race, which I set, yet the guy in second closes in by over 1.5s and doesn't set the fastest lap.

It's not great as ever but I think it's worse here in cases because there have been times when I've actually had a good race by the time I've caught up. In GT Sport the AI was hilarious because in certain cars it sped up to completely unrealistic levels. I remember racing against a LaFerrari at Nurb GP and it reached the 150 board doing about 200mph and launched itself into the wall. The Porsche race at Lago Maggiore is still the hardest race I've had and I just don't see why the AI can't match you from the start of the race rather than making you pass ten cars first before you get close.

22 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Use the left stick for steering and L2/R2 for throttle. My advice on a wheel is that it's a worthwhile investment if you know you're going to get the use out of it. Whether you're on PS4 or 5 there are quite a few other games you can play to really round out your experience. It'll definitely make you a better driver if you put the time in. If you decide you want a wheel I can make some recommendations.

19 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You still have steering assist on and whatever the one with the triangle is :yucky