Gran Turismo 7

Miguel Sanchez

I am absolutely fucking shite at this.  Absolutely stomping the early races, but that's because I'm in a car that way outstrips anyone else on the grid.  There's a fucking camper van for f**k sake.  But given the only driving I've done in games has been either open-world style games or Mario Kart/Sonic, fair to say I've not really got the realistic aspect down.  Get the feeling that it'll be immensely satisfying once I finally get it there though.  And until then, anyone in front is getting fucked into a wall.

36 minutes ago, forameus said:

I am absolutely fucking shite at this.  Absolutely stomping the early races, but that's because I'm in a car that way outstrips anyone else on the grid.  There's a fucking camper van for f**k sake.  But given the only driving I've done in games has been either open-world style games or Mario Kart/Sonic, fair to say I've not really got the realistic aspect down.  Get the feeling that it'll be immensely satisfying once I finally get it there though.  And until then, anyone in front is getting fucked into a wall.

I find doing the circuit experience extremely helpful for honing technique. Really makes you think about racing line and gives you the chance to practice manual gear changes without the pressure of a race (something most newbies to racing games don't bother using but it really is vital). You learn all the tracks perfectly as well. I didn't play GT Sport for a couple of years but when I went back to it I could still remember every corner of the Nurburgring.

Long time GT franchise fan here, but not enjoying my first three days with GT7. The irritating ‘Solus’ and ‘Sarah’ characters, going to a cafe ‘for a chat’. Just fcuk off. Other irritable things so far? No matter how I adjust the ‘saturation and brightness’ settings, I’m finding the in-car view very dark with the dashboards and interiors of the cars way too dark, with the track and exterior looking too over-saturated / bright. I also, after only a couple of races, find the ‘car visibly jumping around’ when you drive over kerbs etc, to feel very false and annoying. Similarly, the new way the car is shown graphically at the start of each licence challenge is irritating me. The ‘sweep’ from front to back’ shot, then the instant jump to in-car view just as the ‘start’ message appears. 
Then you have all this ‘Solus and Sarah’ shite again…. ‘You look like you can drive a car, let’s try for silver now’.

Just me? Maybees aye, maybees naw. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Long time GT franchise fan here, but not enjoying my first three days with GT7. The irritating ‘Solus’ and ‘Sarah’ characters, going to a cafe ‘for a chat’. Just fcuk off. Other irritable things so far? No matter how I adjust the ‘saturation and brightness’ settings, I’m finding the in-car view very dark with the dashboards and interiors of the cars way too dark, with the track and exterior looking too over-saturated / bright. I also, after only a couple of races, find the ‘car visibly jumping around’ when you drive over kerbs etc, to feel very false and annoying. Similarly, the new way the car is shown graphically at the start of each licence challenge is irritating me. The ‘sweep’ from front to back’ shot, then the instant jump to in-car view just as the ‘start’ message appears. 
Then you have all this ‘Solus and Sarah’ shite again…. ‘You look like you can drive a car, let’s try for silver now’.

Just me? Maybees aye, maybees naw. 

Hi, I'm forameus and I'm going to take you through this post.  I've put pictures of cars on these menus for no real reason, and then I'm going to talk your arse off about them.

I do find the "NPCs" you get seeming a bit like the shite training we have to do at work.  Completely made up characters with weird names stuck on shutterstock images discussing whether, when faced with a racist comment, you should either a) join in or b) tell compliance.  I wouldn't say it's a terrible experience, can see what they're trying to do, but can't help feeling there was a cleaner way to do it.  

It's a game about car collecting and appreciation as much as driving. The Cafe and Menu books do this in a way I don't think there's been since GT4. I like them. I already care more about my R32 than I did about almost all my cars in GT Sport. 

@pozbaird I've been through the game on several tellies in the past week and the in-game settings don't make any difference for me. I use bumper cam (everyone should tbh) but it sounds like it might be your TV settings as much as the game. 

There's also a feeling that there's a problem with rear grip on road cars. The dirt physics are the best example of this, so I think there might be an update coming in that department.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's a game about car collecting and appreciation as much as driving. The Cafe and Menu books do this in a way I don't think there's been since GT4. I like them. I already care more about my R32 than I did about almost all my cars in GT Sport. 

@pozbaird I've been through the game on several tellies in the past week and the in-game settings don't make any difference for me. I use bumper cam (everyone should tbh) but it sounds like it might be your TV settings as much as the game. 

There's also a feeling that there's a problem with rear grip on road cars. The dirt physics are the best example of this, so I think there might be an update coming in that department.

My TV experience worked just fine, for my tastes anyway, with GT Sport. Also absolutely fine with the limited amount of other PS4 games I enjoy - PGA Tour 2K21, FIFA 22, GTA 5 and that’s really about it for me. Maybe some more tweaks needed. I could maybe ask Sarah & Solus for some advice, as soon as the kunts finish their shifts doing online chats with QuoteMeHappy car insurance customers. Christ, imagine if Sarah and Solus got jobs on P&B?…. ‘Hey, you appear to follow a football team! Now, why don’t we try supporting a better one, you can do it!’. 

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

My TV experience worked just fine, for my tastes anyway, with GT Sport. Also absolutely fine with the limited amount of other PS4 games I enjoy   PGA Tour 2K21, FIFA 22, GTA 5 and that’s really about it for me. Maybe some more tweaks needed. I could maybe ask Sarah & Solus for some advice, as soon as the kunts finish their shifts doing online chats with QuoteMeHappy car insurance customers. 😜

(I assume you mean Luca btw, not Solus)

Since my telly died the day before this came out I can't really compare to anything. I was editing my post when you replied but there's an update today which might help you: Update Details (1.06) - gran-turismo.com

- Fixed an issue wherein the changes to the exposure value in the ‘Exposure and Saturation’ settings made when starting the game for the first time would not be reflected in the preview screen.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

(I assume you mean Luca btw, not Solus)

Since my telly died the day before this came out I can't really compare to anything. I was editing my post when you replied but there's an update today which might help you: Update Details (1.06) - gran-turismo.com

Forgot about Luca. He’s a kunt too. 😀

The characters can be annoying but you can just skip through what they're saying if you don't want to listen to them. I like the menu books too and I enjoy learning about the history of the cars. I'm not a petrol head that wants to know engine sizes or technical shit but I like some of the cool wee facts they tell you about cars and when they were made. 

Updated the game and while I still hate the ‘characters’ with fizzogs straight out of Shutterstock, finding more and more I like about the new version. I like the sounds coming out of the PS4 controller when you win rewards etc. I am enjoying the ‘music’ games, and working my way through the licences is enjoyable. Despite my standard at the game seeing an equal sprinkling of bronze, silver, and gold results. The second-hand car market page is well executed, and the blurb you get about a car you buy is also actually very well done and interesting. I bought a second hand Honda Civic Type R, and the ‘walk around’ and interior video sequence you get is excellent.

The replays that automatically kick in are really good. Getting to grips with it, and starting to enjoy it more.

Could really, really, do without Luca, Buffon, Maldini, Baresi and Pirlo popping up to tell me ‘hey, you can take corners! Badly, you useless kunt. Want to try again?’

Edited by pozbaird

Anyone managed the WTC 600 championship yet? I've tried it in 3 different cars and can't win the fucker.

3x 5 lap races and I can easily make up 5-10 seconds a lap for the first 3 laps. Once I make it up to 3rd position the 2 utter c***s in front just seem to get faster and faster.