Gran Turismo 7

Miguel Sanchez

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Anyone managed the WTC 600 championship yet? I've tried it in 3 different cars and can't win the fucker.

3x 5 lap races and I can easily make up 5-10 seconds a lap for the first 3 laps. Once I make it up to 3rd position the 2 utter c***s in front just seem to get faster and faster.

I think the picture above is from one of those races. The R32 Skyline is basically a tank on rails. I don't know what difficulty you're on but whatever you're driving, use soft tyres and upgrade the brakes to the racing ones. The difference is massive and that along will win you most races.

I think the picture above is from one of those races. The R32 Skyline is basically a tank on rails. I don't know what difficulty you're on but whatever you're driving, use soft tyres and upgrade the brakes to the racing ones. The difference is massive and that along will win you most races.
Finally managed this today at my 4th attempt. An Evo X with a big turbo and sports soft tyres did the trick.

I have the R32 but find it can understeer a bit on tighter corners (Red Bull ring and Suzuka have a couple). It's a beast on the straights though.

Still enjoying this and "collecting" the various cars. My one bugbear is every race being from a rolling start and having to start from the back - having to make up 30+ seconds on the leader and chasing every race is becoming a bit tiresome. The odd standing start wouldn't go amiss or even having to do a qualifying lap like the old Gran Turismos.

"Oh dear, you appear to be mentally deficient, maybe you should watch the demonstration so that you don't drive like someone that's had a horrendous head injury"

f**k off, you p***k.

Also, I appear to have reached my glass ceiling on getting Gold licenses.  Got all but 3 in International A. In the Super License tests, the closest I can get in one is 1 second off in a Ferrari round Monza.

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

"Oh dear, you appear to be mentally deficient, maybe you should watch the demonstration so that you don't drive like someone that's had a horrendous head injury"

f**k off, you p***k.

Also, I appear to have reached my glass ceiling on getting Gold licenses.  Got all but 3 in International A. In the Super License tests, the closest I can get in one is 1 second off in a Ferrari round Monza.

Several licence tests are currently bugged, giving you the wrong tyres. Although I think that's only for S-5 so maybe not helping you much. 

I will copy a thing I've posted elsewhere. 

Hello lads, I'd like to give you some advice based on me playing GT Sport regularly for three and a half years, and following the competitive side of it for that time and spending a lot of time reading/watching people who did the same. 

While the need for credits in GT7 and the means of being able to pay real money for them is different, PD are the same. You will never get explanations, before or after something happens. You will never get apologies, justifications or reasons. You will never get advance warning of something. Ever. No amount of complaining will do anything about it, no amount of bad press, nothing will change. No matter how obvious something might be in-game, it's no guarantee it'll be fixed. No matter how game-breaking something is, it'll still be there. 

This would be fine if we weren't at a stage where the game actively encourages you to collect and tune cars but has a developer going out of its way to make acquiring the in-game currency as difficult to do as possible when there's a means of paying real money for it. To nerf event payouts after a week and a half takes this from questionable at best to outright disgusting at worst. 

I have no problem with spending a long time with the game and not having everything instantly, but I do have a problem with making acquiring 'everything' harder when the option to bypass it by spending money on it exists. 

Anyway, good luck with this everyone. If you stick around long enough to enjoy Sport Mode (once it actually becomes functional) you'd better get used to developer bullshit of a type you've not experienced before.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

On 10/03/2022 at 14:25, #Gary said:

Anyone tried the motion controls on PS5 where you can basically use the controller like it's the steering wheel? Is it any good? 

Nobody uses them then...

17 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Apparently it's connected to the earthquake in Japan.

Nope

6 hours ago, #Gary said:

Nobody uses them then...

I never tried it in GT Sport, but I've seen people who are good at the game swear by them. Even if I don't use a controller to drive I don't think me moving it about more when I'm playing is a good idea.

Anyway, game's back up and Kaz has a statement: To all our users: - gran-turismo.com

I wanted to explain what happened in this update.

Immediately before the release of the 1.07 update, we discovered an issue where the game would not start properly in some cases on product versions for the PS4 and PS5.

This was a rare issue that was not seen during tests on the development hardware or the QA sessions prior to the release, but in order to prioritize the safety of the save data of the users, we decided to interrupt the release of the 1.07 update, and to make a 1.08 correctional update.

This is the reason for the delay.
My sincere apologies for the late report to everyone.

Also in this update, some event rewards have been adjusted. I wanted to also explain the reasons for it and our plans going forward.

In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.
I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.

We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.

Kazunori Yamauchi

Covering his arse for the race payouts and microtransactions? Blaming Sony? Doing what he's done for years and over-promising things he can't deliver while being infuriatingly vague? Who knows. 

On 12/03/2022 at 23:15, Ron Aldo said:

Anyone managed the WTC 600 championship yet? I've tried it in 3 different cars and can't win the fucker.

3x 5 lap races and I can easily make up 5-10 seconds a lap for the first 3 laps. Once I make it up to 3rd position the 2 utter c***s in front just seem to get faster and faster.

It's seethe inducing. I had to down tune my 712bhp Skyline R32 massively to get into it. The first race was in pissing rain which was shite, I basically bullied other cars off the track to manage 6th, 3rd in the next and managed to win the last race on the line when I finally realised I could fit nitrous without affecting the car's PP. Missed out on the championship by 3 points. SEETHING. 

On the game overall, for someone who hasn't had a console since the 360, or played Gran Turismo since GT2 was out, this is an absolutely magnificent experience and rage at trying to use a Porsche in pishing rain aside, I am absolutely loving it. 

On 15/03/2022 at 10:40, Ron Aldo said:

Still enjoying this and "collecting" the various cars. My one bugbear is every race being from a rolling start and having to start from the back - having to make up 30+ seconds on the leader and chasing every race is becoming a bit tiresome. The odd standing start wouldn't go amiss or even having to do a qualifying lap like the old Gran Turismos.

Even more frustrating in the Championship Series races when you have to do it despite winning the previous race.

My favourite so far though was on Race 4 of the World GT Series, where I got up to second on lap 3, set a fastest lap, and lost 4 seconds on the leader!

If none of you have ventured into Sport Mode yet, tomorrow marks the start of the Gran Turismo World Series test events: Opening of the 'Gran Turismo World Series' 2022 Nations Cup - Test Season 1 - gran-turismo.com

These are what made me love GT Sport so much. Rather than the Daily Races right now where you can practice as much as you want and qualify with your best time whenever you enter, these championship races are a one-off. You go into a lobby, you have a warm-up, then a qualifying session, then a race. The Feeling of practicing for one of these then competing is... well, it's amazing. The schedules for these two seasons are strange, I think they're condensed like that to get a lot of information as quickly as possible. Hopefully they'll go back to Wednesday/Saturday like GT Sport was but I would really, really recommend trying one of these races if you get the chance.