Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

On 21/03/2022 at 19:58, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Aye but designated #fuckingmental section can be requested at time of booking:

I requested when I booked, but unfortunately I was ruled not fucking mental enough.🤤

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Or looks like we'd rather have SM electrical for all the publicity and photos rather than the Twitter Queen.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5727 this'll be why we're wearing our away top more so than some conspiracy theory that we're trying to get one up on Val. Plus it'll only be the players tops that'll have SM Electrical on it, any request for the fans to wear the away top will mean Tag Games getting exposure. I think I'll dust off the 90's era 3rd kit for the occasion. 

17 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Or looks like we'd rather have SM electrical for all the publicity and photos rather than the Twitter Queen.

Aye I’m sure Val will be reeling from losing out on the chance to have her name broadcast around the globe to the millions tuning in to watch the “No One Gives a Shit” Cup Final. 

12 hours ago, Raithie said:

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5727 this'll be why we're wearing our away top more so than some conspiracy theory that we're trying to get one up on Val. Plus it'll only be the players tops that'll have SM Electrical on it, any request for the fans to wear the away top will mean Tag Games getting exposure. I think I'll dust off the 90's era 3rd kit for the occasion. 

I got the way top as a Christmas present, although I'm not worn it yet. 

Maybe I'll put some tape over the Tag logo just in case I'm on the TV cameras. 

13 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Aye I’m sure Val will be reeling from losing out on the chance to have her name broadcast around the globe to the millions tuning in to watch the “No One Gives a Shit” Cup Final. 

4 thousand more than her ladies team will be watched by 

Beginning to wonder if Queens will sell more than 300 tickets for this ... just so much apathy around the club just now with our 2 trips to Kelty next season now confirmed.  That said, our totally de-motivated squad (knowing that they'll be jettisoned next season) might just put in a shift for a change on Sunday with the slight chance of some silverware ... I said "slight" ...

Shame really as we've taken decent numbers (in the 3,000-5,000 area) to each of our previous four Diddy finals.

Should be a real party day for the Rovers.

Beginning to wonder if Queens will sell more than 300 tickets for this ... just so much apathy around the club just now with our 2 trips to Kelty next season now confirmed.  That said, our totally de-motivated squad (knowing that they'll be jettisoned next season) might just put in a shift for a change on Sunday with the slight chance of some silverware ... I said "slight" ...
Shame really as we've taken decent numbers (in the 3,000-5,000 area) to each of our previous four Diddy finals.
But we're supposed to treat this separately from the reality of the league and enjoy ourselves [emoji19]

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Did you not shift about 1 000 tickets in the first couple of days of sale?

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I think the best thing for all concerned is for Queens to lie down and let Rovers take an unassailable lead early on (4-0 isn't absolutely unassailable for us).That way we can keep players fresh for the Dunfermline game and beat them to help Queens' survival prospects.

You know it makes sense.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Did you not shift about 1 000 tickets in the first couple of days of sale?

So they said. Not sure if it was just to encourage people to buy.
In any event, even if you have a ticket, you’d save about £1,000 in fuel by not going.
I haven’t decided whether to watch this on tv or not. Depends whether Tom Heap has an interesting report on Countryfile.

36 minutes ago, Flash said:

So they said. Not sure if it was just to encourage people to buy.
In any event, even if you have a ticket, you’d save about £1,000 in fuel by not going.
I haven’t decided whether to watch this on tv or not. Depends whether Tom Heap has an interesting report on Countryfile.

We did shift around 1000 tickets but really that was all to do with the first 200 under 12 getting a free top.

We will not have sold many more the majority of Queens fans on a all time low .Going just because it is a Cup Final but not holding out much hope Raith huge favourites even with the Injury  problems they have