Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

1 minute ago, Flash said:

It was a good header but totally unchallenged. This is one of the reasons why Queens are going down.

Defending on par with our own today, albeit we have the excuse that a not-very-good LB is having to play at CB and the LB that was signed to replace him isn't any better. 

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Hopkin really is a dinosaur. His insight goes as far as "the defence should have booted it up the park."

I like to think that whenever he stops talking, the commentator says “what a load of pish” in Gaelic.

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Defending on par with our own today, albeit we have the excuse that a not-very-good LB is having to play at CB and the LB that was signed to replace him isn't any better. 

We’ve got a not very good CF playing CB. 

It must be a strange feeling for all the Raith fans who walked away from their club when they signed Goodwillie. I suppose the fact it's the Challenge Cup would cushion the blow somewhat and prevent you from being too concerned, let alone going to the game, but it must still be a very bittersweet experience.

Just now, embow said:

Some decent football from us for the first time in the game. Harsh on Queens but the goals have been good.

The only real surprise for me is that we were probably the better team for much of the match. 

That we can’t convert it into a commanding lead is less surprising.

Hopefully, the seaside next season will be more enjoyable.

Enjoy your night Rovers fans. 

My main hope is that this gives the Rovers players enough of a lift to win their derby midweek and stop the Pars from picking up points. 

Queens can probably feel hard done by here but they didn't take their chances and weren't able to really make the most of small periods of control. Which, from what I've picked up from most of their posters on here, is the story of their season.