Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

Would still honestly rather go out in the first round than run the risk of injuries and having challenge Cup games take up a weekend slot, was only decent when you had the opportunity for a foreign away day, it can quite firmly get in the bin now though. 

Of course you’d rather go out in the first round than win it [emoji849]

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Would still honestly rather go out in the first round than run the risk of injuries and having challenge Cup games take up a weekend slot, was only decent when you had the opportunity for a foreign away day, it can quite firmly get in the bin now though. 

Aye, it’s shite winning things. A relegation battle is much more fun.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If we were 5th I'd have been a wee bit up for it today. Had we won today though it would have been quite bizarre celebrating a bunch of relegation bound losers lifting a trophy.

If we'd won it today it would have given the club and especially the fans a lift after a shit season. What's bizzare about celebrating a cup win?

Lots of sour grapes in here for some reason

Are there? I've not seen any QoS posters show that other than me. And it's in no way sour grapes. I've made my thoughts on this game perfectly clear long before today.

If we'd won it today it would have given the club and especially the fans a lift after a shit season. What's bizzare about celebrating a cup win?

If we'd won today it would have been forgotten by tomorrow and our attendance on Friday, in a far more important game wouldn't have been any more.

I'm just happy we came through with no new injuries and the game was concluded after 90 minutes.

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Lots of sour grapes in here for some reason

Never spotted any sour grapes posts from Queens fans (I've not read every post tbf.) I think it's generally accepted we were the better team for 2/3 of the game but Raith finished far stronger than us, running out comfortable winners in the end. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are there? I've not seen any QoS posters show that other than me. And it's in no way sour grapes. I've made my thoughts on this game perfectly clear long before today.

If we'd won today it would have been forgotten by tomorrow and our attendance on Friday wouldn't have been any more.

I'm just happy we came through with no new injuries and the game was concluded after 90 minutes.

Really just Plunkett and a couple of Pars fans, that cant see anybody winning anything without having a dig

18 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Of course you’d rather go out in the first round than win it emoji849.png

I wouldn't be fussed if we won, I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost a pivotal or important player due to an injury sustained in it. 

There's just not allot that seems appealing about it in it's current format, whether that be the inclusion of the colt sides, the disdain clubs hold for it right upto the final, playing against sides you're already playing four times against, but in a environment with less fans and atmosphere? Christ. Even the final today, a half empty stadium in Airdrie on a Sunday against a team you've played four times this season? There's no danger anyone's taking the Monday off to celebrate that. 

I can fully understand why Raith fans would've lapped up the Rangers win, that would've been very fun, that and the QoS v Partick game are the only ones that stick in the mind as ones looking like good occasions to be part of. 

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye, it’s shite winning things. A relegation battle is much more fun.

Theoretically, if we were in the final today do you think another game, and distraction would be helpful in a relegation battle? 

19QOS isn't on the windup with his posts and I'd feel much the same as him if we were there. 

Firstly congratulations to Raith. 

Thought it was a very decent game and that on balance Raith were value for the win. That said we were the better team first half and more than merited that equaliser right on half time. 

Key moments in the 2nd half for me were the MacDonald save from Todd at 1-1 and then we make an arse of clearing our lines and give away a needless corner from which Raith score to take the lead. Thought they were the better team thereafter and the 3rd goal just killed the game. From 3-1 Raith saw the game out with ease in all honesty. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I wouldn't be fussed if we won, I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost a pivotal or important player due to an injury sustained in it. 

Do Dunfermline have pivotal or important players? 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If we'd won today it would have been forgotten by tomorrow and our attendance on Friday, in a far more important game wouldn't have been any more.

Would I have traded this final today (win or lose) over staying up? Of course I would, no debate.

But the general point was what's not to like about winning a national tournament and having a good day out ... even if many of the fans don't go to the next game.

Let's face it the clubs in tiers 2, 3 and 4 (with the very very rare exception) don't stand a cat's chance in hell of the big cups. This gives us a day in the sun .... or at least Airdrie on a cold wet day!

It's OK though, it's fine to have differing views on things. No problems with that.

51 minutes ago, lesterplunkett said:

And that negates signing a sex offender ? 
I’m not a Tory btw 

Yes, it negates it because our fans told the club to get him to f**k, and they admitted they made an error. 

As for the game today it was an enjoyable wee afternoon out, although it was absolutely baltic. It's a strange one as we've won the cup during it's years of relevance when Rangers were trying desperately to show how well their journey was going, and it would've taken something very special to match that day. That isn't a disservice to any of our players or management. When we were on the front foot, we were threatening and created a good few opportunities. Defensively, it's fair to say we lived quite a charmed life. Zanatta coming on changed the game for the better for us. He offered us and alternative outlet. Hopefully Ethan Ross's goal can allow for him to kick on. 

McGlynn has taken a lot of stick recently and a fair amount has been deserved. It might have seemed a token gesture, but it's nice that they offered Vaughan a spot on the bench even though he's nowhere near match fit. It's a huge morale boost for someone in his position. Also, at full time Musonda immediately came across to thank the supporters for their backing, saying that it was brilliant. He's had a brilliant fortnight getting a cap, an international goal and now silverware to boot. The squad fully deserve to enjoy the moment. Hopefully we can use this to kick on. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Happy to take the L on Poplatnik and say I was wrong. Didn’t rate him at all, but he has been fantastic the last few months. Seems a genuinely lovely, lovely man, as well. Delighted to get the win. 

Happy to have him next year, if we can sign him. Would be a great aid to Mitchell’s development to see Pops and Vaughan giving him tips.

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Really just Plunkett and a couple of Pars fans, that cant see anybody winning anything without having a dig

Why On earth sour grapes ? You have indeed won the challenge cup and well done. My point of note was the fact your cup win is tainted by a signing