Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

Our game management once we went ahead in the second half was probably the best it's been all season, which is a surprise because it was abysmal in the first half. I'm sure it was at least in part down to Queens' heads dropping, but the Rovers took control and did what they needed to do. 

There can't be many teams who've won a trophy with a defence that ropey. Our left hand side was absolutely chronic defensively, but at least we had the fullbacks going forward today. If we're always going to look like conceding, we need to at least create chances at the other end, and they did that today. 

Varian didn't have a bad game by any means, but Ethan Ross is ten times the player in the middle as he is out wide, and he made the Queens midfield work much harder which really turned the tide. Gibson, who'd had a fairly easy time marking Ross, didn't look comfortable with Zanatta at all, and suddenly things started shaking loose. 

I'm really pleased for John McGlynn. To have won three semi-finals prior to this season and never walked out at a final must've stuck in his craw, but now he's had his final and gotten a medal for it. 

Hopefully we can kick on and finish the league campaign strongly. Matej Poplatnik has certainly (finally) given us a proper number nine, so that gives McGlynn a focal point to build towards. A couple of injured players back would be nice too. 

Wasn't able to be at the game today as my partner has covid and I couldn't get anyone to watch my kid. As great as it would have been to be at the game, my 4 year old was running around the place absolutely buzzing and loving it all. A great experience to share with her.

Game of two halves and all that. Could have had 2 or 3 in the first half, but once McGlynn changed the shape Rovers bossed the second half and we had no answer. Poplatnik MOTM. Enjoy your night Rovers.

Every time I go to one of these finals (that's 5 now) I wonder why folk knock the Diddy Cup. I mean, how often do Rovers fans (for example) get to party like that? Makes for a brilliant day out ... especially for the winner (obviously).

Clubs at our level rarely get a shot at the big cups (yes, I know, Rovers). What's not to like.

Every time I go to one of these finals (that's 5 now) I wonder why folk knock the Diddy Cup. I mean, how often do Rovers fans (for example) get to party like that? Makes for a brilliant day out ... especially for the winner (obviously).
Clubs at our level rarely get a shot at the big cups (yes, I know, Rovers). What's not to like.

If we were 5th I'd have been a wee bit up for it today. Had we won today though it would have been quite bizarre celebrating a bunch of relegation bound losers lifting a trophy.

If we were 5th I'd have been a wee bit up for it today. Had we won today though it would have been quite bizarre celebrating a bunch of relegation bound losers lifting a trophy.
Reminds me of Queens being forced in front of the playoff winners signage after beating us a few years back. Your squad looked absolutely mortified.

33 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Would still honestly rather go out in the first round than run the risk of injuries and having challenge Cup games take up a weekend slot, was only decent when you had the opportunity for a foreign away day, it can quite firmly get in the bin now though. 

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:
6 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
No waiting cones all over the fucking place, watch where you park folks.

Park on hallcraig Street in the town centre. A large free carpark. It's a bit of a walk but with the traffic aftermatch it won't be much of a difference.

I was there early doors, I had a car park pass in any case.

48 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, lesterplunkett said:
 I suppose win the challenge cup or not sign a sex offender. Think I’ll take the latter. 

We bodied the Tories in the final and our fans got Goodwillie out the squad. Win/win.

🤦🏽‍♂️ Signed him.

Would still honestly rather go out in the first round than run the risk of injuries and having challenge Cup games take up a weekend slot, was only decent when you had the opportunity for a foreign away day, it can quite firmly get in the bin now though. 
Tournaments finished mate. We won. No need to worry about it for the rest of the season.

49 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, lesterplunkett said:
 I suppose win the challenge cup or not sign a sex offender. Think I’ll take the latter. 

We bodied the Tories in the final and our fans got Goodwillie out the squad. Win/win.

And that negates signing a sex offender ? 
I’m not a Tory btw