Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

And quite frankly why care about it

I'd have far more respect for the predictions of the Rovers and Queens fans on here than the opinions of Sportscene pundits.

If not necessarily more balanced, they'll certainly be more informed.

If I was a Rovers or Queens fans today I would take great pride in visiting the pubs of Airdrie in my scarf - showing the glory hunters parked in front of the flatscreens what supporting your local football team is all about.

Good luck to both teams in the final.

I’m as cynical as they come about this cup but it’s a cup final, the sun is shining and a boozy day lies ahead. What’s not to like?

Let’s do it for McGlynn. Come on you Raith.

I take it you are an Airdrie resident?
Are Clark street/Forest street on the 'wrong' side of the ground for Rovers fans in the East stand?
On Google maps, Varnsdorf Way looks to be a decent bet for parking to the south of the ground- what do you think?

You can't park on varnsdorf way, it's a thoroughfare. There isn't really a wrong end the east stand has access to both ends of the staduim.
If I was parking my car it would be forest Street, Clark Street area. Its busier and the car won't stick out as being parked in a housing estate.

The last Challenge Cup game I think I went to was when we played Brora at home and Barry Smith decided to play our first choice keeper, Aaron Lennox, only for him to do his ACL forcing us to sign Graeme Smith who made an incredible number of errors on our way to losing League 1 on the final day. He then made a horrendous error in the opening game of the playoffs too. Never been a fan since that, but I'll be along today being a hypocritical shitebag. 

Not there today as didn't feel it was worth travelling up for, so will be watching it on BBC Alba with commentary a bit more bearable than Michael Stewart. 

Win. 

Win in the 90mins. 

No injuries. 

I'm asking too much, aren't I? 

Edited by Michael W

Not there today as didn't feel it was worth travelling up for, so will be watching it on BBC Alba with commentary a bit more bearable than Michael Stewart. 
Win. 
Win in the 90mins. 
No injuries. 
I'm asking too much, aren't I? 

I'll be happy with game finished after 90 minutes and no new injuries.