Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:
34 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:
Would there still be pay at the gate for the Rovers end? Not sure I'll be able to go but may go and support my pal Roary if I'm not dead to the world. 

There's no pay at the gate available at either end. There wasn't even an option to buy tickets online. I know its the Diddy Cup but it really was poorly done with all that.

And no way of buying a ticket after 4pm today

Diddy Cup,run by Diddymen 

OK, so I know its a case of grasping at straws on a number of levels, but ... Rovers really want to be holding back here and maybe resting some key players ahead of the big Fife derby on Wednesday, eh?  Deep down you know it makes sense, guys ...

On 03/03/2022 at 19:34, Distant Doonhamer said:

All 4 of our previous finals have been played on a Sunday. 

2nd November 1997. Lost 1-0 to Falkirk at Fir Park. 3pm kick off.

20th October 2002 Beat Brechin 2-0 at Broadwood. 3pm kick off. 

10th April 2011. Lost 2-0 to Ross County at McDiarmid Park. 3pm kick off.

7th April 2013. Beat Partick Thistle 6-5 on pens after a 1-1 draw at Livingston. 4.05pm kick off.

So the sequence is LWLW…

It is confirmed that Williamson and Gullan are both out injured, along with Benedictus being suspended. 

Berra "touch and go" but MacDonald looks like making it. 

I'm not sure I would risk Berra unless he's 100%, which seems unlikely, so we might be looking at something like:

MacDonald; Tumilty, Mackie, Dick, Musonda; Connolly, Matthews, Stanton, Ross; Varian, Poplatnik. 

Really looking forward to the day out, brilliant build up RTV. The Mathews/Dario feature is really good fun.

Surprised QoS seem to have forgot to cover the game.

Would be surprised if Berra is risked with Bene being out Wednesday. If he plays its clearly mind games patter. McDonald is a big boost as is Frankie.

No doubt like Queens fans willnpoint out the league games carry more heft but I really want us attacking with intention to win this cup. 

2 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Really looking forward to the day out, brilliant build up RTV. The Mathews/Dario feature is really good fun.

Would be surprised if Berra is risked with Bene being out Wednesday. If he plays its clearly mind games patter. McDonald is a big boost as is Frankie.

No doubt like Queens fans willnpoint out the league games carry more heft but I really want us attacking with intention to win this cup. 

Bene will be back on Wednesday.

Tomorrow is the second and final game of his suspension.

6 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Queens have an interview with Willie Gibson and Josh Todd on their YouTube channel.

Poppy to win this for us…

Be interesting to see if he can stay on his feet longer this time.

Don't blame them tbh.

Final Score this afternoon had a wee discussion on the game. Julie Fleeting and Steven Thompson both predicting a Queen's win. "Going for the underdog" was the comment from both. They both gave the opinion that Queens were a better team than the league position showed. Ah well! Each to their own opinion, I suppose.

Edited by embow

Guest Flash
6 minutes ago, embow said:

Final Score this afternoon had a wee discussion on the game. Julie Fleeting and Steven Thompson both predicting a Queen's win. "Going for the underdog" was the comment from both. They both gave the opinion that Queens were a better team than the league position showed. Ah well! Each to their own opinion, I suppose.

Lol.

24 minutes ago, embow said:

Indeed. We’re absolutely not a better team than our league position suggests. We’re bottom because we’re shit. 

27 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. We’re absolutely not a better team than our league position suggests. We’re bottom because we’re shit. 

Ultimately, I suppose, league tables don't lie, but this Queens team is hardly comparable to the class of 88/89.

Guest Flash
30 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Ultimately, I suppose, league tables don't lie, but this Queens team is hardly comparable to the class of 88/89.

They didn’t say they’re better than one of the worst teams ever to play at this level, though. They said they’re better than their league position suggests. You might  get away with saying that in October or something. But we’re in April and Queens are 3 points clear at the bottom with only 5 games to go. Realistically, the highest they can finish is 9th. There is an extremely small chance they could finish 8th. I don’t think anybody ever argues with the league table at the end of the season. So, to say that Queens are a better team than their league position suggests is meaningless, unless what they meant was they’re possibly a tiny bit less shit that the league suggests.

Yep, you can't argue with the league table come April, the bottom side is there for a reason.

Our only hope tomorrow is going to be a combination of Rovers missing key players due to injury/suspension, Rovers having one eye on Wednesday's Fife derby and this understrength Queens side possibly playing more freely with the pressure of league games being absent on Sunday ... a long shot to be fair. That said it's a cup final day out so hope springs eternal as the saying goes.

As for Fleeting and Thompson, well ... the games on BBC TV, so I guess they have to try and suggest it could merit watching to the neutral viewer (all 15 of them).