Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

Just listened to John McGlynn’s interview. Is Berra a genuine doubt or was he just being polite about Ross Matthew’s captaincy chances?

On the captaincy, Berra is definitely a leader, but think giving Ross it would be class given his history with the club. 

I think 2.5k is pretty good going all things considered.  The obvious off field difficulties, awful form, cup has been devalued in recent years, pish time and location.  

Things are relatively normal crowd wise, I think like it or not the club will get through this with far less damage than some people think.  People move on eventually,  even some volunteers who left have come back and being honest, not that much has changed.

18 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone know how many fans the East stand holds?

It must be 3-3,500ish? If we've sold 2,500ish then I'd imagine it'll feel pretty full.

Pretty sure I read 2500 was the capacity of the east stand and then behind the goals for overspill.

Guest Flash
18 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It must be 3-3,500ish? If we've sold 2,500ish then I'd imagine it'll feel pretty full.

The football ground guide suggests that the west stand holds about 3,500 (it says the total away capacity is 6,500 out of 10,171 and the west stand is for home fans). The east stand looks a bit smaller than the west, so I’d say it holds about 3,000 with about 1,750 behind each goal.
I’m guessing, though.

Football ground guide

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Qos said it was 2.3k for us I think, I'm assuming a few more over past day or so.

Ah nice one, last I heard was through JM's pre match interview saying it was at 2100 but if we're up to 2500 that's decent. That's pretty much the east stand full. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ah nice one, last I heard was through JM's pre match interview saying it was at 2100 but if we're up to 2500 that's decent. That's pretty much the east stand full. 

I think all the interviews were done on Tues.

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Think the discontent runs far deeper than the club think. Suspect they think they are over the worst and we can all move on, but know of plenty of Rovers fans who haven’t seen enough from the club to return. Still hiding from the media and this Red Rovers pish at the final doesn’t help. It’s just advertising the fact they gave up playing in our home kit over Val McD on the shirt and with MacDonald on the away kit it’s rubbing salt in the wound for those who are staying away - but they are either too stupid or arrogant to understand this. 

Went in a group of about 10 to the last Challenge Cup final. Only 2 of us are going on Sunday. Many put off by the recent shite. 

I dont think the discontent from some supporters   is a major factor in us not shifting more than the just over 2300 so far

Cost of living crisis,three games coming up in a week,we,ve been on poor form since November last year,not good to watch and its the Chocolate Cup in Airdrie.Think these are more valid reasons for not shifting more tickets than the  other tedious stuff

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Yep, only excuse I’ve heard so far is due to location and timing.

However, the current cost of living crisis will be a huge factor. It’s on the telly, so folk don’t have to shell out for tickets and transport.

Anyway, for those of us that are going, hopefully Sunday is a good day out and a decent football match.

Edited by Scary Bear

Partner has covid, but is isolating away from me and the kid. Was supposed to be going but not sure if I will now. Waiting on pcr coming back and lf testing daily but all negative so far. Guidance says I'm good to go if pcr is negative but if not there's a ticket going if anyone needs one.

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Partner has covid, but is isolating away from me and the kid. Was supposed to be going but not sure if I will now. Waiting on pcr coming back and lf testing daily but all negative so far. Guidance says I'm good to go if pcr is negative but if not there's a ticket going if anyone needs one.

If you're testing negative on a lateral flow why'd you bother getting a PCR? Unless you have symptoms of course.

There's also less interest in this one than there was last time because we're not playing Rangers. It's the same tournament, they were League One dross at that time, but that undoubtedly made it a bigger occassion. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

East Stand at Airdrie holds 2,600. As of yesterday we'd shifted 2,300 and filled 10 busses put on by the club....

Would there still be pay at the gate for the Rovers end? Not sure I'll be able to go but may go and support my pal Roary if I'm not dead to the world. 
There's no pay at the gate available at either end. There wasn't even an option to buy tickets online. I know its the Diddy Cup but it really was poorly done with all that.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
24 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:
Would there still be pay at the gate for the Rovers end? Not sure I'll be able to go but may go and support my pal Roary if I'm not dead to the world. 

There's no pay at the gate available at either end. There wasn't even an option to buy tickets online. I know its the Diddy Cup but it really was poorly done with all that.

Tarnations. Well good luck on the day regardless!