Raith Rovers v Queen of the South - Diddy Cup Final Extravaganza

To be fair, if you are a footballer, they are the only two clubs in Scotland who pay well, win lots and can compete in Europe. Why wouldn’t you want to play for them?

There's nothing wrong with that. But announcing it on national tele when you've just won a trophy with your club is a bit disrespectful to say the least. Though it never surprised me that that ned came out with it.

Am I right in saying we’ve both won it twice and are both going for the diddy cup treble here?

I’m thinking start drinking early to start caring more about whether we win or not. I seem to recall being more up for a day out in Perth for the ICT game. Is that the Airdrie effect?

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Am I right in saying we’ve both won it twice and are both going for the diddy cup treble here?

I’m thinking start drinking early to start caring more about whether we win or not. I seem to recall being more up for a day out in Perth for the ICT game. Is that the Airdrie effect?

We are 2-0, Queens are 2-2, odds must be with us.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

We are 2-0, Queens are 2-2, odds must be with us.

Bookies agree. Bump Airdrie? Party in Kirkcaldy afterwards?

Do we have enough fit centre halves to make this dream become reality?

50784447-2476-4203-8E4A-214A74CAE1BC.png

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

To be fair, if you are a footballer, they are the only two clubs in Scotland who pay well, win lots and can compete in Europe. Why wouldn’t you want to play for them?

It was a strange comment to make in the wake of vanquishing one of them. 

Have you checked this out ? 
Heard of a couple being regulars only/ ticketed, but theres a fair old number of pubs, worst case would think the ones without Sky would be alright.
Albert bar and inperial , is a deffo ticket only. Drumgelloch has stewards. There is a pub near the ground on varnsdorf way. But I'm not sure if it has sky. It's also a dive. There are a few pubs in the town centre but I don't expect them to allow unknowns with footy tops or colours on.

If you’re in Kirkcaldy, probably best to get the train to Haymarket then change there for the train going to Helensburgh which stops in Airdrie. Drumgelloch station looks a bit closer and it might be a marginally cheaper fare.
You can use the National Rail Enquiries planner to check times and prices. Sometimes buying two separate tickets works out cheaper - like Kirkcaldy to Haymarket, then Haymarket to Drumgelloch.
National Rail Enquiries
Drumgelloch is, slightly closer but there are no pubs on route except the Drumgelloch which will probably be regulars only.

54 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m a wee bit disappointed that we’ve only sold just over 2k tickets for this. I thought this game might have been the catalyst for the stay away fans to come back but clearly not.

I think our continued poor form, and also the fact the location is rubbish, aren't helping. 

There is a large car park at the ground. Although the majority of it is taken up with permit holders, there will be some parking available to the public on a first come, first served, basis at £2 per car. If you wish to park at the stadium please arrive early. Otherwise there is plenty of other parking in the surrounding area.

How do you get a permit for car park and who are permit holders? Where is best place to park in and around the stadium?

I’m a wee bit disappointed that we’ve only sold just over 2k tickets for this. I thought this game might have been the catalyst for the stay away fans to come back but clearly not.

They'll be more interested in the Ugly Sisters game.

There is a large car park at the ground. Although the majority of it is taken up with permit holders, there will be some parking available to the public on a first come, first served, basis at £2 per car. If you wish to park at the stadium please arrive early. Otherwise there is plenty of other parking in the surrounding area.
How do you get a permit for car park and who are permit holders? Where is best place to park in and around the stadium?

Unless you can get in the carpark, the only other parking nearby is in the streets outside people's houses. You can park on Clark Street and forest Street which Is a 5 minute walk away. For that short walk you will not have to worry about the shit show that is the road outside the ground which becomes nose to tail due to being a major road junction.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Bookies agree. Bump Airdrie? Party in Kirkcaldy afterwards?

Do we have enough fit centre halves to make this dream become reality?

Don't worry, you won't need centre halves ...

10 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Unless you can get in the carpark, the only other parking nearby is in the streets outside people's houses. You can park on Clark Street and forest Street which Is a 5 minute walk away. For that short walk you will not have to worry about the shit show that is the road outside the ground which becomes nose to tail due to being a major road junction.

I take it you are an Airdrie resident?

Are Clark street/Forest street on the 'wrong' side of the ground for Rovers fans in the East stand?

On Google maps, Varnsdorf Way looks to be a decent bet for parking to the south of the ground- what do you think?

14 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Think the discontent runs far deeper than the club think. Suspect they think they are over the worst and we can all move on, but know of plenty of Rovers fans who haven’t seen enough from the club to return. Still hiding from the media and this Red Rovers pish at the final doesn’t help. It’s just advertising the fact they gave up playing in our home kit over Val McD on the shirt and with MacDonald on the away kit it’s rubbing salt in the wound for those who are staying away - but they are either too stupid or arrogant to understand this. 

Went in a group of about 10 to the last Challenge Cup final. Only 2 of us are going on Sunday. Many put off by the recent shite. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Think the discontent runs far deeper than the club think. Suspect they think they are over the worst and we can all move on, but know of plenty of Rovers fans who haven’t seen enough from the club to return. Still hiding from the media and this Red Rovers pish at the final doesn’t help. It’s just advertising the fact they gave up playing in our home kit over Val McD on the shirt and with MacDonald on the away kit it’s rubbing salt in the wound for those who are staying away - but they are either too stupid or arrogant to understand this. 
Went in a group of about 10 to the last Challenge Cup final. Only 2 of us are going on Sunday. Many put off by the recent shite. 

Unfortunately the part about not wearing the home strip you’ve wrote is utter nonsense. QotS have been given the nod to wear their home strip, which they’ve then made a limited addition for the Final. Which leaves us with the only option of wearing the away red strip.

I do agree with your first part though, the Club (the board!) 100% do need to be seen to be doing something more. For me I’d like to see some sort of holding email/statement “this is the course of action we intend of taken… short term goals (perhaps awareness courses of some sort) and long term goals (how we are going to reintegrate a new 1st team woman’s team)

14 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Unfortunately the part about not wearing the home strip you’ve wrote is utter nonsense. QotS have been given the nod to wear their home strip, which they’ve then made a limited addition for the Final. Which leaves us with the only option of wearing the away red strip.

I do agree with your first part though, the Club (the board!) 100% do need to be seen to be doing something more. For me I’d like to see some sort of holding email/statement “this is the course of action we intend of taken… short term goals (perhaps awareness courses of some sort) and long term goals (how we are going to reintegrate a new 1st team woman’s team)

Might be being cynical, but all of the SPFL's advertising for the game lists it as Rovers v QoS which would suggest that we were the designated "home" team - giving the option to pick our home shirt to play in.

32 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

We are the designated home team and have the right to wear our home strip. QOS have been given the nod because we let them and they are making the most of it. This is the first instance I’ve heard of a team giving up the right to play a final in their home kit. It’s 100% because Val McDermid’s name is on it which makes the Board look petty and still tone deaf. 

Appreciate many Rovers fans don’t care about any of this, but for the folk staying away it’s a further signal from the Board that they don’t really get what’s happened here. We’re choosing to play a final with the name of one of the directors who voted to sign Goodwillie on our chest and then adding insult to injury by ramping it up with this Red Rovers pish. That is irritating me and I’m going and it certainly won’t win any folk staying away back. 

Edited by roverthemoon