Hearts vs Dundee United 5th March 3pm/Does anybody remember Eamon Bannon?

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

. When GMS went off we brought a left back on instead of one of our wingers, no need for that.

Yep - and then we replace Cochrane with Halliday. It occurred to me that RN was looking to shitfest a 1-0. 

A point at Tannadice after having to content with all of those forced changes isn't the worst, mind. 

Yep - and then we replace Cochrane with Halliday. It occurred to me that RN was looking to shitfest a 1-0. 
A point at Tannadice after having to content with all of those forced changes isn't the worst, mind. 

And results elsewhere mean we’re probably finishing the weekend in a stronger position than we entered it. Dropping points is never welcome but we could afford it

For Dundee United however, locked in a 7 way battle for three top that’s a big 2 points.

However they’ve got St Mirren, Hibs and Dundee to come

So we should wish them well in their future endeavours and hope to see them soon.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Argument for McNulty to be sent off at the end there, why on earth is he sticking his leg in when Gordon already has it in his hands.

Seriously? It’s the very definition of a yellow card. Arguing for a red marks you out as melodramatic.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And results elsewhere mean we’re probably finishing the weekend in a stronger position than we entered it. Dropping points is never welcome but we could afford it

For Dundee United however, locked in a 7 way battle for three top that’s a big 2 points.

However they’ve got St Mirren, Hibs and Dundee to come

So we should wish them well in their future endeavours and hope to see them soon.

We should, aye. ;)

Refreshing to see so little nark on a match thread, although I'm probably speaking too soon. 

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

We should, aye. ;)

Refreshing to see so little nark on a match thread, although I'm probably speaking too soon. 

You certainly don't get many games where both sets of fans see it as a point gained rather than anything else

I enjoyed that today. Not convinced by the odd positional changes but there was plenty of endeavour and some decent play, second half in particular. Really good from Butcher and Graham and a remarkably adept performance from Smith in midfield. Niskanen utterly wasted on the right. I'd have bitten your hand off for a point two minutes in but really should have killed the game after going ahead. No doubt the injuries hampered Hearts and they looked really rattled second half. A bit more composure/ quality we could have killed it. A draw was fair though, all things considered.

Decent match for a change today, feared the worst early on, a state I imagine most United fans entered. Haven't read most comments as just home, but possibly Collum's been mentioned: he was the poorest performer on the pitch for both sides.

Hearts were disrupted by their injuries, but I don't think many were down to bad foul play excepting Alex Cochrane due to a 'solid' Butcher challenge, and soon after I thought Simms may have been lucky to see out the half.

Two fine goals in the match, and a better afternoon of entertainment than usual at Tannadice.

With regards to players that have played with both teams, there are probably very few that have played well for both teams. I always thought that Scott Severin was quite underrated but always gave his all and was very professional.

9 minutes ago, Bailey1972 said:

With regards to players that have played with both teams, there are probably very few that have played well for both teams. I always thought that Scott Severin was quite underrated but always gave his all and was very professional.

Gary McSwedger was a rollercoaster. Would score back to back hat-tricks then go four months without a goal.

Shite Facts: Eamonn Bannon is one of two UEFA Cup Finalists I've seen play in the East of Scotland League. He played for Spartans at the end of his career. 

The other was John Clark for Gala Fairydean. 

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Was thinking about the players who did well for both clubs today, don't know for certain but have Alan Gordon, George Fleming, Wilson Wood, and Willie Pettigrew got a mention yet? I'd have put Steven Pressley and Alan Preston in there too, but they're both cunts.

If you make the top six and come back to Tynecastle then we can combine the match thread for that one with "players who played for both teams and aren't liked by either"  thread

22 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Was thinking about the players who did well for both clubs today, don't know for certain but have Alan Gordon, George Fleming, Wilson Wood, and Willie Pettigrew got a mention yet? I'd have put Steven Pressley and Alan Preston in there too, but they're both cunts.

If you can get through the impenetrable 1990s formatting, this is a good link:

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/club/dundeeunited.html

23 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

17607600.JPG.gallery.jpg.2aa661b0eee916ba1b6d1e84e0687eea.jpg