Hearts vs Dundee United 5th March 3pm/Does anybody remember Eamon Bannon?

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously we'll have to do match predictions, call each other names, and have a few crap puns but before we get on to those serious issues...

Who's the best player to have played for both Hearts and Dundee United?

Darren Jackson. I met Bannon through work and can confirm he's a horrible c**t.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously we'll have to do match predictions, call each other names, and have a few crap puns but before we get on to those serious issues...

Who's the best player to have played for both Hearts and Dundee United?

Sadly my clearest memories of Eamon Bannon were when he returned. He was still an excellent footballer, but much like when we signed Guerin a few years later, he was just not as mobile anymore. My enduring memory of him though will always be standing in the shed and the call of "that's it, get some experience on", whenever he came on as a sub. I wish I had seen him as a younger player.

Scott Crabbe is one of the more obvious ones. Loved him as a kid, and getting Alan Preston as a replacement was like dropping a tenner and finding a pound. Although not the "best" player, Gomis was really important to us romping the Championship after admin.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Fucking player Bannon was! :wub:

He was an ex pupil at my high school, and later in life (when he had retired) I stayed down the road from him at Blackford - in fact I think Bannon and Grant Stott were / are close neighbours.

Always looked like a miserable b*****d when he was wandering about, but he was a fantastic player back in the day - would have been worth (and made) an absolute fortune these days.

Third most important reason to try and win this - secure a top six spot.

Second most important reason to try and win this - not getting dragged into the relegation dogfight.

Most important reason to try and win this - the look on Neilson’s face if we do.

47 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Sadly my clearest memories of Eamon Bannon were when he returned. He was still an excellent footballer, but much like when we signed Guerin a few years later, he was just not as mobile anymore. My enduring memory of him though will always be standing in the shed and the call of "that's it, get some experience on", whenever he came on as a sub. I wish I had seen him as a younger player.

I'm too young to have seen him in his prime he seemed to come on for the second half every other game as if he only had about 45 minutes running a fortnight left in him. But it would be a good 45

Andy Webster appears to be one of only two players to have won the cup with both Hearts and United (Twice with Hearts)

The other is Steve Banks who was understudy to Craig Gordon in 2006 and Dušan Perniš in 2010 

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm too young to have seen him in his prime he seemed to come on for the second half every other game as if he only had about 45 minutes running a fortnight left in him. But it would be a good 45

Andy Webster appears to be one of only two players to have won the cup with both Hearts and United (Twice with Hearts)

The other is Steve Banks who was understudy to Craig Gordon in 2006 and Dušan Perniš in 2010 

Also, Skacel of course. Past it at United and didn't look like he was arsed playing for them, but a double cup winner and a legend at Hearts.

42 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He was an ex pupil at my high school, and later in life (when he had retired) I stayed down the road from him at Blackford - in fact I think Bannon and Grant Stott were / are close neighbours.

Always looked like a miserable b*****d when he was wandering about, but he was a fantastic player back in the day - would have been worth (and made) an absolute fortune these days.

Think United had Bannon's best days - massively important to them in their European runs - Bannon on the left, Milne on the right - jumpers for goalposts - ooh! 

tenor (1).png