Livi (the wee team) vs Celtic (the big team) - 6th March 2022

13 hours ago, crispy said:

Scott McDonald’s comments greetin at the pitch, love it 😂 Nobody seems to mention that we’ve had 3 draws at Celtic Park in our 4 seasons back. 

Must be next in our to do list, a win at Celtic park, we've knocked it out the park against Celtic since finally beating them. Think it was just them and Gretna we had never had a win against, and Gretna are deid.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Must be next in our to do list, a win at Celtic park, we've knocked it out the park against Celtic since finally beating them. Think it was just them and Gretna we had never had a win against, and Gretna are deid.

Some pointless information for you, I think the last time we won at Almondvale was against Gretna.

Got a feeling this is finally the day Celtic get their win at the Spaghettihad.

Playing the same team 4 games in a row might be taking its toll a wee bit so wouldn't be too surprised to see a couple of changes. Will be fun to count how many Celtic players throw themselves to the ground after getting bodied by Nouble, has been able to keep his elbows down since his red against St Johnstone but still incredible fun watching him bully defenders so hopefully he can keep that up.

56 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

A sell out, Livi showing the rest of the premiership how to do business correctly.

Would be good if Livingston sold out regularly v the Old Firm and eventually kept one of the stands behind the goals for their own fans. 

4 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Would be good if Livingston sold out regularly v the Old Firm Celtic & Sevco, and eventually kept one of the stands behind the goals for their own fans. 

Pretty sure we do.

The big giveaway to kids from schools/football clubs etc was a success, created a good atmosphere too, hopefully we do it again and a lot of them come back again and get hooked.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pretty sure we do.

The big giveaway to kids from schools/football clubs etc was a success, created a good atmosphere too, hopefully we do it again and a lot of them come back again and get hooked.

I knew there was a giveaway for the County and St Mirren games which went well but I haven't seen Livi fans in the other 3 stands aside from those games. I thought I'd seen empty steats but if its true they do sell out against Celtic and Rangers consistently they should be looking at maybe taking half of the stand behind the goal for their own fans if its possible. I'm surprised they sell out v the Glasgow teams but not the Edinburgh teams. Thought there would be more of a rivalry with the Edinburgh 2 and not as many Livingston fans staying away. 

Edited by Buckets

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

I knew there was a giveaway for the County and St Mirren games which went well but I haven't seen Livi fans in the other 3 stands aside from those games. I thought I'd seen empty steats but if its true they do sell out against Celtic and Rangers consistently they should be looking at maybe taking half of the stand behind the goal for their own fans if its possible. I'm surprised they sell out v the Glasgow teams but not the Edinburgh teams. Thought there would be more of a rivalry with the Edinburgh 2 and not as many Livingston fans staying away. 

I’d say there probably is a bit more of a rivalry with the Edinburgh clubs but it’s unlikely to register on their radars. The truth is that the town is just so rife with Old Firm ‘supporters’, for obvious reasons and a boring tangent, that they fill it although it always made me laugh that I’d been to Ibrox and Celtic Park more regularly than a lot of them! I’d much rather a full Almondvale whatever the mix of fans, away fans are welcome.

2 hours ago, Buckets said:

There's been an odd time Hearts have taken 6,000 seats, still get a decent crowd from both Hearts and Hibs, over 2-3 thousand is good for any away fans.

We had big attendances taking up the stand behind the goals and a bit of the East stand for the play offs, but that was a special occasion, and there'd be a lot of neutrals there. I'm sure our owners would love to give behind the goals at the South stand for Livi fans, but sadly there just isn't enough of us, and we're lucky to fill the West stand. Hopefully the free tickets to school kids will eventually pay off and build up our fanbase, the team can't really do much more on the pitch to bring them in, back to back top 6, a cup final, and in the running for a 3rd consecutive top 6 spot, maybe even a European place. 

Just got a message from a guy on my football team saying he's not playing on Sunday because "Livi away" and it dawned on me "Livi away" is significantly closer than Parkhead, absolute minter, get these c***s pumped Livi.