Livi (the wee team) vs Celtic (the big team) - 6th March 2022

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Just got a message from a guy on my football team saying he's not playing on Sunday because "Livi away" and it dawned on me "Livi away" is significantly closer than Parkhead, absolute minter, get these c***s pumped Livi.

What’s the absolute minter??? That you just realised Livingston is closer than Glasgow?

21 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:
What’s the absolute minter??? That you just realised Livingston is closer than Glasgow?

That your fanbase is almost entirely made up of glory seekers from nowhere near Glasgow

And it’s just ‘dawned on you’ the distance between where you are and Glasgow/Livingston? 

47 minutes ago, Empty It said:

That your fanbase is almost entirely made up of glory seekers from nowhere near Glasgow

Brutal British imperialism caused huge waves of Irish refugees to come to Scotland in the 1800s. They faced native hostility as large immigrant groups always do. Due to being shut out of mainstream Scottish institutions, they had to set up their own separate institutions, which included their own football clubs. Celtic became the biggest of these clubs and therefore the universal option. Irish heritage people in Scotland were viewed by others primarily by their Irishness rather than their eg. Ayrshireness/Edinburghness/Dundonianness, so they had to accept that identity. They didn't get to be seen as truly local.

While none of this any longer applies today to Scots of Irish heritage, that is the history which brought the supporting of Celtic into family lines. Then as we know, the main reason folk choose to support a football club is because their parents and grandparents supported it. 

I agree with you that everyone supporting their local club would likely be preferable but we'd need to erase history for that.

And it’s just ‘dawned on you’ the distance between where you are and Glasgow/Livingston? 
Nope just never thought about the amount of games and grounds people pass every week to go support either bigot twin.

Nope just never thought about the amount of games and grounds people pass every week to go support either bigot twin.

Here’s another one that’ll astound you. Folk from London and Yorkshire travel to Manchester and Liverpool to watch games of football. Unreal eh?!?

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Just got a message from a guy on my football team saying he's not playing on Sunday because "Livi away" and it dawned on me "Livi away" is significantly closer than Parkhead, absolute minter, get these c***s pumped Livi.

Disgraceful. Hope he is in the Hague soon beside Putin 

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

We'll do our best, if for nothing more than getting the pleasure reading Celtic fans seething at us not playing the way they want us to, so they can pump us. That's always fun, being slagged for being able to take points off them. "Aye you won/drew but would you want to watch that every week".  is a personal favourite.🤣

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Brutal British imperialism caused huge waves of Irish refugees to come to Scotland in the 1800s. They faced native hostility as large immigrant groups always do. Due to being shut out of mainstream Scottish institutions, they had to set up their own separate institutions, which included their own football clubs. Celtic became the biggest of these clubs and therefore the universal option. Irish heritage people in Scotland were viewed by others primarily by their Irishness rather than their eg. Ayrshireness/Edinburghness/Dundonianness, so they had to accept that identity. They didn't get to be seen as truly local.

While none of this any longer applies today to Scots of Irish heritage, that is the history which brought the supporting of Celtic into family lines. Then as we know, the main reason folk choose to support a football club is because their parents and grandparents supported it. 

I agree with you that everyone supporting their local club would likely be preferable but we'd need to erase history for that.

That comment is far too sensible for this forum 

I would argue Scottish society does still have a problem still with people born here with Irish heritage 

They're still labels as “plastics” and famine song the abuse McGeady and McCarthy received because they wanted to play for Ireland, which I’m pretty convinced if it had been any other nation the abuse wouldn’t have been anywhere near that bad.

There is still an feeling you can never be truly accepted as a Scot because of your name or sometimes your religion, as long as you keep it quiet obviously 

You’d never hear an Asian Scot being labelled as a “plastic” the same way people of Irish heritage do here. 

Edited by Clown Job

Anyway back to the football.Rangers late goal against the sheep puts pressure on Celtic to get a result here.Expect them to come out all guns blazing.Longer this goes goaless will give Livi confidence of taking something here.Weve done it before,and can do so again.🦁👍.

Still very tight in that group of teams all vying for the top 6, results weren't too shabby for us today either. If we can take anything it would be a pretty good weekend for us.

An amicable draw would put Celtic a point above Sevco and us back up to 4th, a point above Hibs, you know it makes sense.

As I said L/F.If we can soak up the pressure that will undoubtedly come at us and sucker them in,we've a chance.Dont know if Davie will go with our tried and tested Nouble,Forrest ,Anderson that proved fruitfully for us recently.Suspect not.Horses for courses and all that.Our midfield will have to have a blinder to take something from this not to mention our defence.Scenes at the end with Max having a clean sheet.Then I woke up.🤣🤞🦁👊.

@LivelyLion Steve Lawson Hood Rap wasn't well received and you vowed to get all us meanies back for that. Well done, you've proven your point now. You might as well just use this original account of yours again.