Livi (the wee team) vs Celtic (the big team) - 6th March 2022

15 minutes ago, crispy said:

It's sure to be a pasting. I'd take a 3-0 or fewer goals defeat and move on. 

I don't think the way Celtic play lends itself to handing out pastings. They're more about controlled wins due to their patient, possession-heavy style. We also defend better against that than we do against more direct sides. I imagine Martindale will pick the same starting team again but the defensive line will be lower this time to leave no space in behind and try to get Celtic playing in front of us. We defend well in that scenario as our midfield is very hard to play through. 

I expect Celtic to have in excess of 80% possession,  but as per previous matches I think we can get a goal on the counter.

Hopefully no brain farts from any of our usual suspects and we could get something out of this one. 

I would imagine Anderson up front entirely on his own.  At the back Devlin and Penrice will probably struggle to get forward. 

On our day, I fancy our chances against anyone although at home moreso than away. This comes with the usual caveats against the OF of our 11 needing to play a blinder and them having 'an off day'. If we can avoid conceding an early goal then we could make a real game of it as the psychology might come into it if we 0-0 in the second half. Hopefully we can name the same starting 11 for the 5th game in a row. Glad to have something to look forward to on a Sunday as I usually have the  pre-work dread.

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

EF09D214-75C0-4325-98B3-A05BE9F884A2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I dinnae like this fixture.  Any win will do for us.

5 hours ago, stressball said:

If anything we’ll scrape a 1-0 with a late late goal. 

Absolute gremlin of a fixture for us.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Hate this fixture, a win will do by any score or any method. Just win

16 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Not looking forward to this.
Early kick off on a Sunday has potential to be a kick in the balls.

:lol: 

5 hours ago, crispy said:

On our day, I fancy our chances against anyone although at home moreso than away. This comes with the usual caveats against the OF of our 11 needing to play a blinder and them having 'an off day'. If we can avoid conceding an early goal then we could make a real game of it as the psychology might come into it if we 0-0 in the second half. Hopefully we can name the same starting 11 for the 5th game in a row. Glad to have something to look forward to on a Sunday as I usually have the  pre-work dread.

Yeah us playing a blinder comes hand in hand with opposition teams having off days, the amount of times i've read fans on forums saying it was the worst they've played all season. Funny that.

Always have to have us as the underdogs going into this fixture, but we seem to thrive on being so, and always give a good account of ourselves at home, even got a 0-0 at Celtic park this season, as well as the home win earlier, but you always go into the game with some trepidation. Which makes it all the sweeter when we've come away with another result against them. Think that's 3 Celtic managers failed to get a win here, so they must be bursting to finally beat us.